Author Topic: Jay-Z talking about The Game and Jim Jones - XXL interview  (Read 732 times)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Jay-Z talking about The Game and Jim Jones - XXL interview
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2009, 06:24:48 PM »
I used to think Game's best diss was My Bitch.  When I listened to the Chronic Re-Lit,  Bitches Ain't Shit by Dr.Dre was brought to my attention again.  It then dawned upon that My Bitch is basically a remake of Dr.Dre's verse.  A light bulb went off over my head and I thought,

I shouldn't be surprised considering Start From Scratch was a remake of a MASE song.

Mase's From Scratch
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/mae/fromscratch.html

Now I realize there's nothing original about Game's best diss and nothing original about one of Game's best song.  I still like the both of them but based off those merits I can't respect the tracks the same way.

Game is not the MC anyone wants him to be and he's not the rapper his fans pretend he is.  Hell the kid doesn't even deserve the title of an MC.

And, one more point, I can't believe anyone defending Game criticizes Jay-Z for "biting" Biggie lines when Game produces material like this.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

eNgIeS

« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2009, 07:36:00 PM »
game looks like a fool...and now that jay has paid someone to make that link of game namin jayz name however times he has...i mean game needs to give in theres no way over jays dead body game will be a better rapper lol

^ Yeah Game could take Jay on a lyrical level but the fact that Game idolizes Jay so much makes it impossible for him to win

Jay-Z officially paid and endorsed it??? Where'd you find this out. Interesting i htought it was just the work of a fan

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2009, 07:43:03 PM »
dont know i mean i wouldnt be suprised lol...but either way whether jay paid someone..or lets take the worst case scenario in benefit toward game that jay didnt pay anyone and a fan made it...it creates more hype toward jay's side and it benefits jay's career and it hurts games career for many reasons
game is in denial if he thinks hes better than jay-z....which IMO he does otherwise you dont disrespect someone on jay-z level who some consider god (on both coasts) but every time game disses or talks bad bout jay its shows how desperate game is
many on here and elsewhere will state one of jay-z songs is better than games career...that might be too much but again either way jay-z still to this day can spit and could shut game's career down, but IMO he already has done enuff but ignorin him, altho i wish he would jus make a full all out diss and create a competition
like i said only if jay-z actually heard MY BITCH, then he would respond...IMO he hasnt heard it but jay also acts like a female

game looks like a fool...and now that jay has paid someone to make that link of game namin jayz name however times he has...i mean game needs to give in theres no way over jays dead body game will be a better rapper lol

^ Yeah Game could take Jay on a lyrical level but the fact that Game idolizes Jay so much makes it impossible for him to win

Jay-Z officially paid and endorsed it??? Where'd you find this out. Interesting i htought it was just the work of a fan
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Blasphemy

« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2009, 08:44:38 PM »
Only reason people think My Bitch is his best diss, is cause it has a nice classic beat (which game always been able to pic) and the flow/delivery was done in the vein of "Bitches Ain't Shit" this flow is basically channeling Dr. Dre and Snoop on that classic diss track to a fucking T. Only difference is the lyrics and what the disses are directed to. I'm sorry but "My Bitch" imo is over rated, when taken apart as a song, its hard to diss someone when you're biting another guys flow.

Also this is still not as bad as that crappy Hail mary 2001 (even though I liked it). The song was just a hypocritical piece of shit. They all dissin Ja Rule for copying 2pac (Ja Rule also made a freestyle dissin 2pac idk wtf that is about) and 50 Cent Fucking Bites Makaveli's ENTIRE FUCKING VERSE. He only changed maybe a total of 5 lines, least fuckin eminem did 2pac's flow but fuckin changed the lyrics. Busta at the end was the best cause it wasn't biten in anyway. Then you got the Hit Em Up by Em, it just was a piece of shit.

Honestly all the new cats are  taking all the OGs stuff and calling it their own.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2009, 08:49:58 PM »
but then game equals to nuthin, cuz some say
he doesnt write his own raps
he bites others style
i mean he makes his muzik based off of his idols eazy, jay, dre, snoop, cube etc... but takes it to far
he name drops like hes takin attendance

whats left for him to be even labled as a RAPPER? lol

and that hail mary diss em, 50 did was wack IMO compared to pacs especially em's verse and busta was at his best durin that time IMO so he went in

Only reason people think My Bitch is his best diss, is cause it has a nice classic beat (which game always been able to pic) and the flow/delivery was done in the vein of "Bitches Ain't Shit" this flow is basically channeling Dr. Dre and Snoop on that classic diss track to a fucking T. Only difference is the lyrics and what the disses are directed to. I'm sorry but "My Bitch" imo is over rated, when taken apart as a song, its hard to diss someone when you're biting another guys flow.

Also this is still not as bad as that crappy Hail mary 2001 (even though I liked it). The song was just a hypocritical piece of shit. They all dissin Ja Rule for copying 2pac (Ja Rule also made a freestyle dissin 2pac idk wtf that is about) and 50 Cent Fucking Bites Makaveli's ENTIRE FUCKING VERSE. He only changed maybe a total of 5 lines, least fuckin eminem did 2pac's flow but fuckin changed the lyrics. Busta at the end was the best cause it wasn't biten in anyway. Then you got the Hit Em Up by Em, it just was a piece of shit.

Honestly all the new cats are  taking all the OGs stuff and calling it their own.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 08:54:15 PM by GET YOUR WALK ON »
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

eNgIeS

« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2009, 08:58:38 PM »
dont know i mean i wouldnt be suprised lol...but either way whether jay paid someone..or lets take the worst case scenario in benefit toward game that jay didnt pay anyone and a fan made it...it creates more hype toward jay's side and it benefits jay's career and it hurts games career for many reasons
game is in denial if he thinks hes better than jay-z....which IMO he does otherwise you dont disrespect someone on jay-z level who some consider god (on both coasts) but every time game disses or talks bad bout jay its shows how desperate game is
many on here and elsewhere will state one of jay-z songs is better than games career...that might be too much but again either way jay-z still to this day can spit and could shut game's career down, but IMO he already has done enuff but ignorin him, altho i wish he would jus make a full all out diss and create a competition
like i said only if jay-z actually heard MY BITCH, then he would respond...IMO he hasnt heard it but jay also acts like a female

I agree and I'm a huge game fan compared to jay-z....but yes Jay would kill him he could bring up many things that could be true or not, whereas Game is just reaching for things to say like "He's old, he used to be good now he's wack"

Jay-Z could say the shit 50 said in Not Rich & Still Lyin (gotta admit its a funny track) + all the times Game dissed and apologized and gave props to Jigga in many of his songs

Shame how The Game turned out. I was just watching the Documentary DVD for the first time today and its crazy how Game and 50 looked cool, and while i blame most of the beef on 50 getting jealous of Game being considered to be almost on his level, Game did his share to and fucked up both his money, 50's money, Dre's money & Jimmy's money. If they stayed together I still think 50 and G UNit would be hot

Question now that 50's career seems to have died, do you think 50 would ever stoop to reuniting with Game? I think the both together were a good combination and covered each others weaknesses. Knowing 50's ego i doubt it, but money talks

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2009, 09:06:14 PM »
I agree that hail mary shit was weak but at least his career isn't an attempt at being tupac.

50's in a weird career spot.  He's huge overseas but his popularity has dwindled in the states.  Has anyone seen the kind of stadiums and audience he attracts for a concert?  I'm shocked that many people still peep him.

Personally, Before I Self Destruct needs to reinvent himself for the public.  I doubt it will based on recent comments about how his next effort will be different than his past material. 

I dig the majority of his music - even the recent material that gets hate.  There's no denying the format he blew up on is officially stale.  He rode it for 3 albums which is more than a lot of cats can say.  I even think he's got a larger artistic influence than people are willing to admit.   Ever since I Get It In I've been hearing that phrase pop up everywhere (in the rap world) but maybe that's just me being more aware of the term.

Anyways, 50 has done a pretty good job of not trying to be anyone else but himself.  He's stuck to his gangsta image pretty well and has been afraid to venture from it - his reason for not including the og version of hate it or love it on the massacre (if he originally created the concept and the track).

Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2009, 09:07:58 PM »
How would reuniting with the Game do anything to boost 50's popularity? Just look at album sales.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2009, 09:10:12 PM »
yeah i mean im not a big huge fan of either but battle raps speakin if jay went in and tried he could give game a run for his money and keep him in the dark pretty much forever...lol
but thats if jay goes all in...he went at jim jones/killa kali better than he did at nas IMO on a VICIOUS beat which IMO makes the diss that much better and adds heat to whats goin on

bout 50's career....I doubt he ever gets back wit game, wit 50 its bout pride before money
and sides lets say 50's career is dead...game at this point wont be able to make much changes to his own career let alone 50's.....IMO 50 can hold his own even with dre/slim's help but games input for 50 IMO doesnt do 50 any good but 50's input for games muzik helps game alot
sides, not sure if its true...but doesnt 50 make and will continue to make money off of games releases cuz of the contract game signed?  (5 album deal)???
so in a sense 50 is good off of games name without bein in contact wit him, cuz games crazy fans (especially the european ones) will buy his muzik no matter how wack it is)
50 still can make dope muzik and he doesnt need anyone really but game does....game gets borin

and the reason IMO 50 is big in other countries is cuz they dont get the same ent we do here.  they worship and appreciate anything they can.  my fam over there tellin me we dont have that much over here...im like damn for real...thats why they cant wait to see anyone live not jus 50, but IMO the us espcially the hardcore buyers or fans are done wit rap in a sense its all over the place right now, its mos def not the same anymore and its borin

I agree and I'm a huge game fan compared to jay-z....but yes Jay would kill him he could bring up many things that could be true or not, whereas Game is just reaching for things to say like "He's old, he used to be good now he's wack"

Jay-Z could say the shit 50 said in Not Rich & Still Lyin (gotta admit its a funny track) + all the times Game dissed and apologized and gave props to Jigga in many of his songs

Shame how The Game turned out. I was just watching the Documentary DVD for the first time today and its crazy how Game and 50 looked cool, and while i blame most of the beef on 50 getting jealous of Game being considered to be almost on his level, Game did his share to and fucked up both his money, 50's money, Dre's money & Jimmy's money. If they stayed together I still think 50 and G UNit would be hot

Question now that 50's career seems to have died, do you think 50 would ever stoop to reuniting with Game? I think the both together were a good combination and covered each others weaknesses. Knowing 50's ego i doubt it, but money talks
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 09:21:05 PM by GET YOUR WALK ON »
Cube

eNgIeS

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2009, 01:18:43 AM »
How would reuniting with the Game do anything to boost 50's popularity? Just look at album sales.

I dont know but i know alot of people sided with Game and turned there back on 50's music. Then of course i think 50 lost alot of fans when he challenged Kanye that year. Not sure if it would make much of a difference now, but Game still has alot of fans. Hate it or love it dude sells a million (if not LAX must be close to it) records. Thats a pretty big audience and i'm assuming thats possible another million fans who wont by 50 Cents shit just due to the beef

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2009, 03:03:16 AM »

I dont know but i know alot of people sided with Game and turned there back on 50's music. Then of course i think 50 lost alot of fans when he challenged Kanye that year. Not sure if it would make much of a difference now, but Game still has alot of fans. Hate it or love it dude sells a million (if not LAX must be close to it) records. Thats a pretty big audience and i'm assuming thats possible another million fans who wont by 50 Cents shit just due to the beef

Curtis sold more in its first week than LAX's total album sales.

eNgIeS

« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2009, 10:51:30 AM »

Nah way not in total. LAX is platinum if not close to that, 50 sold like 600,000 or 700,000 first week right. Plus he had hyped it as a battle between Kanye and him probably helped plus the cd sales climate got worser in the 8-10 months that Game released his

Not saying 50 aint more popular than Game, he is. But Game still does respectable numbers he still one of the top 10 names in the rap game as far as sales

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2009, 11:58:12 AM »

Nah way not in total. LAX is platinum if not close to that, 50 sold like 600,000 or 700,000 first week right. Plus he had hyped it as a battle between Kanye and him probably helped plus the cd sales climate got worser in the 8-10 months that Game released his

Not saying 50 aint more popular than Game, he is. But Game still does respectable numbers he still one of the top 10 names in the rap game as far as sales

Yep, and as of February LAX has sold 600k. I highly doubt its gone platinum since then.

I'm not saying Game doesn't do respectable numbers. I'm simply saying 50 sells more. Its fact.

eNgIeS

« Reply #28 on: September 03, 2009, 08:24:05 PM »

Yep, and as of February LAX has sold 600k. I highly doubt its gone platinum since then.

I'm not saying Game doesn't do respectable numbers. I'm simply saying 50 sells more. Its fact.

Weird. I know His cd seemed to be on the charts down here for quite a few weeks, better than his previous albums. He must have had a hell of a drop off after seeling 200,000 in first week. However I guess in this climate its not to bad to sell 660k as of 6 months after the album. probably closer to 700 or 750k now.