Author Topic: Official Raekwon "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx Pt II" Discussion Thread  (Read 7536 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Official Raekwon "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx Pt II" Discussion Thread
« Reply #90 on: September 03, 2009, 03:38:24 PM »
hahah I love it when people comment on albums they haven't even listened to all the way thru. I bet half the comments on classic albums are by people who never even owned it.

Al Bundy

« Reply #91 on: September 03, 2009, 03:41:24 PM »
hahah I love it when people comment on albums they haven't even listened to all the way thru. I bet half the comments on classic albums are by people who never even owned it.

so because they didn't purchase the album, they can't comment on it's status of quality?

i've never owned a copy of NWA Straight Outta Compton but I can safely say that it's classic.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #92 on: September 03, 2009, 04:20:29 PM »

so because they didn't purchase the album, they can't comment on it's status of quality?

i've never owned a copy of NWA Straight Outta Compton but I can safely say that it's classic.

Its a classic because the hip hop community says its a classic, not because you do.

Bought, stole, downloaded, whatever. If you haven't listened to an album all the way thru, you really shouldn't be commenting on its quality.

SCREWFACE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #93 on: September 04, 2009, 09:21:56 AM »
best song was surgical gloves imo

i can see why youd like it but dont you think that song was mad outta place on there? still enjoyed it but i totally doesnt fit the album. this is an unbelievable return from raekwon that im sure most of us thought would never happen. only a few weeks ago i posted on here sayin the chances of this album bein good were slim to none. i was dead wrong. my only complaint for the album is that there wasnt enough ghostface but thats just fussin.

10 bricks.... wow this shit is crazy

eNgIeS

« Reply #94 on: September 04, 2009, 10:13:39 AM »
Since Wu-Tang forever, the streak of Wu-Tang's classics ended. We had some classic Ghostface and some solid projects. But I think this is the closest Wu-Tang related project to touch the level of the golden era. What a great CD, a potential classic CD. I was doubting Rae's hype for a bit.

And if Budden thinks he's better than Rae after this CD he needs another punch to the shoulder. Slaughter House was a very good cd, but this CD rapes it

The Predator

« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2009, 09:12:21 PM »
''Blowing the purple haze, playing The Purple Tape
Fuck with Chef or the Ghost, get left with a purple face'' - Styles P

:baseballbat:  ;D

TRG

« Reply #97 on: September 04, 2009, 09:53:54 PM »
Sick album!

Been bumping it non stop since it acme out.  8)

Matty

« Reply #98 on: September 04, 2009, 09:58:51 PM »
this was definitely no let down. pleasantly surprised considering the classic status of the original 8)

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2009, 12:45:15 AM »
i felt sum beats didnt go along with the whole concept of the album

rza should had produced the whold dam thang maybe lil dre track to keep it fresh

black mozart.........def my favorite.....luv rza's vocal on it...

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #100 on: September 05, 2009, 01:31:07 AM »
''Blowing the purple haze, playing The Purple Tape
Fuck with Chef or the Ghost, get left with a purple face'' - Styles P

:baseballbat:  ;D

:laugh:
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

tempo2

« Reply #101 on: September 05, 2009, 03:14:07 AM »
very good album

The Watcher

« Reply #102 on: September 05, 2009, 06:53:53 AM »
alchemist laced rae with a fuckin banger for that 'surgical gloves' track

can't stop playing that joint
army of the pharaohs never make love songs
we finger fuck bitches with freddy krueger gloves on
- celph titled

"lol infact lmao" - Proof of D12

anticipate the shots like obama at the podium
- joe budden

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #103 on: September 05, 2009, 08:24:21 AM »
You know that an album is great when you have so many candidates for the best/favorite track:

House Of The..., Sony's Missing, Black Mozart, Gihad, Bagging Crack, Surgical Gloves, Broken Safety, Canal Street, Ason Jones, Have Mercy, 10 Bricks, Catalina, About Me

And the tracks that aren't mentioned are strictly because I'm not feeling the production. Only exception is Kiss The Ring, which has such an amazing beat and great hook from Inspetach Deck but Rae and Masta Killa rap like they about to fall asleep.

The Phoenix

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Rise...The Phoenix
« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2009, 10:45:32 AM »
You know that an album is great when you have so many candidates for the best/favorite track:

House Of The..., Sony's Missing, Black Mozart, Gihad, Bagging Crack, Surgical Gloves, Broken Safety, Canal Street, Ason Jones, Have Mercy, 10 Bricks, Catalina, About Me

And the tracks that aren't mentioned are strictly because I'm not feeling the production. Only exception is Kiss The Ring, which has such an amazing beat and great hook from Inspetach Deck but Rae and Masta Killa rap like they about to fall asleep.
I agree.  I just copped the album today, and having it playing now.  Good shit.  I like that it's got that Wu vibe to it.
Time for a change...bring it!