Author Topic: Official Raekwon "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx Pt II" Discussion Thread  (Read 7546 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Official Raekwon "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx Pt II" predict sales?
« Reply #135 on: September 07, 2009, 02:12:12 PM »
yeah no im jus wonderin where this album rates outta all the other wu albums especially ob4cl 1?

yeah i mean some of the wu sites are goin damn near insane bout this album..given their wu sites but still and the album sounds dope and might be the best album in a minute period (coast 2 coast)

damn im sayin more....maybe double
from the buzz its been gettin maybe even more
interestin to see what happens

I say dudes gonna move more then 30k in first week

Lately nothing can surprise me, its too hard to make it today, but yea you are right, I hope he will sell more then 50k first week
'Cause the hardcore Wu fans have been waiting on this album for nearly 5 years and Rae came through with a banger that made believers out of the doubters.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #136 on: September 07, 2009, 02:19:35 PM »
yeah no im jus wonderin where this album rates outta all the other wu albums especially ob4cl 1?

yeah i mean some of the wu sites are goin damn near insane bout this album..given their wu sites but still and the album sounds dope and might be the best album in a minute period (coast 2 coast)

Lately nothing can surprise me, its too hard to make it today, but yea you are right, I hope he will sell more then 50k first week
'Cause the hardcore Wu fans have been waiting on this album for nearly 5 years and Rae came through with a banger that made believers out of the doubters.
It's not going to set any trends like OBFCL did (a lot of rappers started giving themselves aliases and rapping mafioso style due to the impact of this album). The music and lyrics on OBFCLII is right up there, though, with the 1st one, IMO.  I haven't heard an album this good and cohesive in the past decade.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #137 on: September 07, 2009, 02:20:44 PM »
aite so your sayin its the best album in the last decade?
#1 album in last decade?

It's not going to set any trends like OBFCL did (a lot of rappers started giving themselves aliases and rapping mafioso style due to the impact of this album). The music and lyrics on OBFCLII is right up there, though, with the 1st one, IMO.  I haven't heard an album this good and cohesive in the past decade.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #138 on: September 07, 2009, 02:45:29 PM »
aite so your sayin its the best album in the last decade?
#1 album in last decade?

IMO, yes. Just browsing my WMA for great hip-hop albums of the last decade: The Slim Shady LP, Tha Streetz Iz A Mutha, 2001, The Marshall Mathers LP, Supreme Clientele, Stankonia, Speakerboxxx/The Love Below, Last Of A Dying Breed, The Fix, The W, The Blueprint, Hood Rich, 1st Cee-Lo Solo, The Eminem Show, Stillmatic, Phrenology, Quality, Get Rich Or Die Tryin', 213-The Hard Way, To Tha X-Treme, College Dropout, No Said Date, MM..Food, The Sound Of Revenge, Ultimate Victory, Grandmasters, Trauma, The Documentary, Doctor's Advocate, Late Registration, Graduation, 808's..., Searching For Jerry Garcia, Thug Motivation: 101, Hell Hath No Fury, Fishcale, The Pretty Toney Album, St. Elsewhere, Idlewild, Nas' Untitled, I, BTNHResurrection, Strength & Loyalty, A Song For You, Be, UGK, American Gangster, Food & Liquor, The Cool, 8 Diagrams, Waitin' Our Turn, Pro Tools, Emeritus, The Carter 2, Blaqkout, Relapse, Dopium, Chamber Music... I know I missed some, and many of these can be argued as not the "greatest" of the past decade, but I do think OBFCLII is a more cohesive and better album than all of these listed. It takes time, though, to think of an album like this. But, I know 10 years from now this album will get plenty of spins from me.

Paul

Re: Official Raekwon "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx Pt II" Discussion Thread
« Reply #139 on: September 07, 2009, 03:21:56 PM »
its the best wu related album sinc wu-tang forever imo
funkyfreshintheflesh

Lunatic

« Reply #140 on: September 07, 2009, 05:58:28 PM »
finally listened to this and ya, it's perfect lol..not a track got deleted
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #141 on: September 07, 2009, 06:33:33 PM »
Best album in the last decade?

It's a good MAFIOSO rap but it's all lies and story telling so it's like Rick Ross.  Both made good records but they only carry so much credibility to me because it ain't the truth.  I like fictional stories every now and then so I'll bump it then but I prefer real shit. 

Besides Masta Killa two albums are better than ... :) 
I know no one will agree with that statement so ... :)

I'd take Reks Grey Hairs over this record any day.  Shit, I'd take 50's Get Rich or Die Trying over this. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #142 on: September 07, 2009, 06:57:51 PM »

It's a good MAFIOSO rap but it's all lies and story telling so it's like Rick Ross.  Both made good records but they only carry so much credibility to me because it ain't the truth.  I like fictional stories every now and then so I'll bump it then but I prefer real shit. 

I'd take Reks Grey Hairs over this record any day.  Shit, I'd take 50's Get Rich or Die Trying over this. 
Man, it's all entertainment. Ain't any rappers living up to what they say in their rhymes. Rae's a real dude from the streets, so he can paint pictures like this. And to say GRODT is better storytelling and music than this is ridiculous (but to each their own). Masta Killa's albums are dope, too (No Said Date is a classic in my book), but don't live up to this album.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #143 on: September 07, 2009, 08:07:39 PM »

Man, it's all entertainment. Ain't any rappers living up to what they say in their rhymes. Rae's a real dude from the streets, so he can paint pictures like this. And to say GRODT is better storytelling and music than this is ridiculous (but to each their own). Masta Killa's albums are dope, too (No Said Date is a classic in my book), but don't live up to this album.

For me, not that I have to say this because whenever I type I'm obviously inserting my thoughts and opinions, I'd take an album where there's an ounce of truth even if it's been glamorized and sensationalized a bit over say a complete piece of fiction. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Kool Beenz

« Reply #144 on: September 07, 2009, 09:01:59 PM »
its better then slaughterhouse but berly....

Big_Ron

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #145 on: September 07, 2009, 09:06:04 PM »
Its definitely better than blueprint 3 trust me on that

Kool Beenz

« Reply #146 on: September 07, 2009, 09:12:38 PM »
Its definitely better than blueprint 3 trust me on that

i believe you i wont even bootlegg a jay z album fuck him

westside159

« Reply #147 on: September 07, 2009, 10:24:09 PM »
im coppin Raekwons and Ghostface's new shit ... Bumpin

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

rhythmalism

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #149 on: September 08, 2009, 04:36:41 PM »
Haven't heard anything from the album yet except house of flying daggers! gonna cop it now, blaze a blunt then bump that shit 8)