Author Topic: Official Raekwon "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx Pt II" Discussion Thread  (Read 7535 times)

Webby05

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Official Raekwon "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx Pt II" Discussion Thread
« Reply #165 on: September 11, 2009, 07:57:50 AM »
Now I'm a tell you what Em told me homey, "Just lose it!"
The parental discretion's advised, this is grown folk music
Now blend in with me as I proceed to break it down
It's always off the chain man when I'm around
I play the block bumpin, it was all for the dough
---------------------------------------------
free ebooks
Euro Millions

whats that got to do with anything?

Blood$

« Reply #166 on: September 11, 2009, 08:48:26 AM »
I went to FYE yesterday to cop and they were fuckin' sold out except for one edited version  >:(

should have more today though they said, so hopefully today I will have my copy

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #167 on: September 11, 2009, 01:17:21 PM »
got my copy in the post today, gonna give it a spin once im feeling better.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

MediumL

« Reply #168 on: September 11, 2009, 01:36:51 PM »
Only thing missing is  a fucking banger like Ice Cream. That track was such heat and for me this was the only downer. The large tracklist can't be complained about really cause most would've moaned if there were 13 tracks. Need to give it more spins.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Paul

« Reply #169 on: September 11, 2009, 02:25:06 PM »
Only thing missing is  a fucking banger like Ice Cream. That track was such heat and for me this was the only downer. The large tracklist can't be complained about really cause most would've moaned if there were 13 tracks. Need to give it more spins.

Im not comparing the 2 tracks but listening i got the feeling that New Wu is kinda like the 2009 version of Ice Cream. Great Beat, Great hook from Meth, 3 good verses
funkyfreshintheflesh

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #170 on: September 11, 2009, 04:59:06 PM »
so how many minutes is the cd?
and its only 22 traxx right?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #171 on: September 11, 2009, 05:37:11 PM »
Just over 71 minutes I believe which is the same length as the first pretty much and yes it is 22 tracks. 

There certainly isn't any tracks that are horrible but hip-hop albums are too long in general. The thing this album does right though is that the length of the tracks is on average between 3-4 minutes. If I was to remove some tracks it would probably be the Dre tracks which just seem tacked on, Dre's sound is too clean and doesn't work when most of the tracks have a sort of rough/soulful/dark sound. I'd probably also lose the Jadakiss joint and maybe Surgical Gloves and Kiss The Ring which would make the album about 55 minutes long.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #172 on: September 11, 2009, 05:43:56 PM »
damn thats waz up
id take off that NEW WU...not feelin that at all
that ABOUT ME sounds like it was posed to be on big bang, dont know but IMO its got that busta sound and mighta went well wit his album
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

akcranker - The Dangerous Crew Movement

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #173 on: September 11, 2009, 06:01:50 PM »
Black Mozart is still my favorite.. anytime I'm listening to any music I get bored of them quick and pop on Black Mozart.  Love that track!!!

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #174 on: September 11, 2009, 06:24:54 PM »
Just over 71 minutes I believe which is the same length as the first pretty much and yes it is 22 tracks. 

There certainly isn't any tracks that are horrible but hip-hop albums are too long in general. The thing this album does right though is that the length of the tracks is on average between 3-4 minutes. If I was to remove some tracks it would probably be the Dre tracks which just seem tacked on, Dre's sound is too clean and doesn't work when most of the tracks have a sort of rough/soulful/dark sound. I'd probably also lose the Jadakiss joint and maybe Surgical Gloves and Kiss The Ring which would make the album about 55 minutes long.
Album is a modern day classic as is. And taking off "Broken Safety" and "Kiss The Ring"? Are you out of your mind, those are 2 of the hottest tracks on the album. Only thing I agree w/ here is "Surgical Gloves" (song is bangin', but doesn't fit the vibe. The Dre tracks sound like Dre, but they do fit in w/ the album). Either way, I'm more than happy w/ the way this album turned out (except I was really anticipating "Rockstars & Smokin' Barrells").

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #175 on: September 11, 2009, 06:26:20 PM »
damn thats waz up
that ABOUT ME sounds like it was posed to be on big bang, dont know but IMO its got that busta sound and mighta went well wit his album
New Wu is a heater! That's that RZA shit I love to hear 8)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #176 on: September 11, 2009, 06:31:26 PM »
thats waz up...to each is own but thats not the rza im feelin...at least raekwon over that vibe
id take STATE OF GRACE over that any second of livin in this world
but theres mos def some bangers

and on a sidenote:
its 22 traxx and 2 extra ones right? bonus or european traxx?

damn thats waz up
Cube

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #177 on: September 11, 2009, 06:37:42 PM »
thats waz up...to each is own but thats not the rza im feelin...at least raekwon over that vibe

and on a sidenote:

damn thats waz up
"Walk With Me" and "The Badlands" feat. Ghostface are the European bonus tracks (both are blazin'). Still waitin' for my Amazon UK order >:(

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #178 on: September 11, 2009, 06:38:43 PM »
aite so that would lead to say theres only 2 versions?
( as in two different versions) cuz ima cop all versions but im tryna see how many different versions they are)

and on a sidenote:

damn thats waz up
"Walk With Me" and "The Badlands" feat. Ghostface are the European bonus tracks (both are blazin'). Still waitin' for my Amazon UK order >:(

Cube

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #179 on: September 11, 2009, 07:34:24 PM »

Album is a modern day classic as is. And taking off "Broken Safety" and "Kiss The Ring"? Are you out of your mind, those are 2 of the hottest tracks on the album. Only thing I agree w/ here is "Surgical Gloves" (song is bangin', but doesn't fit the vibe. The Dre tracks sound like Dre, but they do fit in w/ the album). Either way, I'm more than happy w/ the way this album turned out (except I was really anticipating "Rockstars & Smokin' Barrells").

I'm not really a Jadakiss fan so that's probably why I'd take Broken Safety off. Kiss The Ring I'm not sure about, not really feeling the sample and feel that Ason Jones would be a much better closer for the album.

The Dre tracks just don't work for me beatwise though, Catalina starts with a sample from The Killer with the classic theme and I'm wondering what's coming next and it's just the same old Dre *clap* *piano* *clap*. Don't like the chorus either.

About Me is a bit better with that ahwoo vocal repeating in the background, the drums again don't work for me.

Really though the album is great and I have no serious issues with any of the tracks. Definitely one of the best albums of recent years.