Author Topic: Royce's Verse On "Renegades" finds a home.  (Read 308 times)

Suga Foot

Royce's Verse On "Renegades" finds a home.
« on: November 02, 2002, 02:41:50 PM »
Checkmate f/ Concise, Royce the 5'9 & DJ Revolution - R.A.W.

This is the cut a DJ throws on and the whole club takes notice. Everybody thinkin: what is this? It’s Defenders of the Faith over a slammin’ Mr. Rumble beat accompanied on the mic by the Dirty’s finest, Royce. Everything fits here, the Kane sample cut up by Revolution, Checkmate settin’ it off, Royce comin’ in like he’s the third Defender, and Concise sowing it up. The b-side here is the title cut from Checkmate's debut, Welcome to the Game, also hittin’. Checks hasn’t got the numbers he deserves but with twelves like this they can’t be far off.

http://www.thickonline.com/reviews/index.php/mod-rev,pid-52
--------------------------------------------------------

None of y'all have probably heard this.  Checkmate and Concise are both from Vancouver.  They've been playing this song on the radio here for a while now.  Royce spits his verse from "Renegades" (OG Version) with a little bit added at the end.  Overall it's a bangin underground track.  

West Coast Veteran

Re:Royce's Verse On "Renegades" finds a home.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2002, 03:07:52 PM »
I actually know Concise. My cousin from Vancouver used to kick it with him when they were younger. He's Somalian. I remember when I visited back in '98 I would see Concise freestyling at Metrotown. I've heard material from both him and Checkmate and they were pretty good.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2002, 03:09:09 PM by WestCoastVeteran »

Suga Foot

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2002, 04:26:33 PM »
Hell yeah, WCV knows what's up.   ;D

King Tech Quadafi

• His Royal Highness
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • i think you betta recognize...
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2002, 12:09:02 AM »
Checkmate is dope...im gonna check this track out

yo Suga Foot you heard the new Rascalz? MOvie Star? its fuckin blazin
"One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. "Which road do I take?" she asked. "Where do you want to go?" was his response. "I don't know," Alice answered. "Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."

- Lewis Carroll

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2002, 05:05:38 AM »
Where can I hear this?

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Suga Foot

« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2002, 04:02:10 PM »
Checkmate is dope...im gonna check this track out

yo Suga Foot you heard the new Rascalz? MOvie Star? its fuckin blazin

Yeah Yeah, Checkmate and Consice are in the video too.  There's some shady business goin on with that song tho.  The beat was gonna be used for Keith Murray's first single off his new album, but the Rascalz used it first.  I don't know the whole story but it's fucked up.