Author Topic: ras kass/alchemist beef? (anyone know what went down years ago)  (Read 472 times)

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
ras kass/alchemist beef? (anyone know what went down years ago)
« on: September 02, 2009, 07:25:43 PM »
so anyone know what happened wit this deal?  (ive been wonderin bout this for years...LoL but now jus askin)
im listenin to van gogh's KISS YOU and on some versions its got the WE GON MAKE IT beat but then it ABOUT 40 SECONDS IN, RAS SAYS MAN FUCK THIS BEAT, YOU GROUPIE and then the beat changes to another beat.
(im guessin hes talkin bout alchemist)

i always heard bout a beef between ras kass vs jadakiss/alchemist, but wasnt sure what happened?
also does anyone know who produced the KISS YOU?
also whos that on the hook?  (SIDELINE)<<<<<<?
bangin song
damn i think ive been lookin for this damn song for years and its been this song all along
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Re: ras kass/alchemist beef? (anyone know what went down years ago)
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 07:32:27 PM »
Ras Kass originally recorded a song called Home Sweet Home over the beat that Al ended up selling to Jadakiss (I believe the song is We Gon Make It) and did not tell Ras about it. Jada ended up dropping it as a single and Ras recorded that diss song.

GSmith

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: ras kass/alchemist beef? (anyone know what went down years ago)
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 07:52:48 PM »
In 1999, The Alchemist was set to produce 3 tracks for rapper Ras Kass' upcoming album, "Van Gogh", which was scheduled for a late 2000 release at the time. One of the said tracks was "Home Sweet Home", which was to be the lead single for Ras Kass' album. After The Alchemist received the first half of the payment for the beat, he says Ras Kass' record label (Priority) was ignoring him. They later met up in August at the Source Awards in Pasadena, California. He let him know he'd been showcasing it to other artists. Jadakiss would then go on to record "We Gonna Make It" over the same beat, on his 2001 release, Kiss Tha Game Goodbye. When Ras Kass took notice, he attempted to stop the release by releasing his version of the song on mixtapes, but to no success.[3] This prompted Ras to diss Alchemist in freestyles and on a track from Van Gogh. Eventually the beef ended so he could concentrate on his legal problems but still cites a loss of respect for the producer. However, during 2006, The Alchemist was featured on a skit in the Revenge of the Spit mixtape. Furthermore, in an interview with www.hiphopgame.com, Ras admits that he was being stubborn and refused to listen to what the Alchemist was trying to tell him. The two have squashed the beef and Alchemist produced the song "Past, Future, and Present" and did the intro for the song that appeared on Revenge of the Spit. 

From Wikipedia