Poll

POLL: Has religion slowed the progression of man?

Yes
7 (87.5%)
No
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: POLL: Has religion slowed the progression of man?  (Read 256 times)

Sikotic™

POLL: Has religion slowed the progression of man?
« on: September 03, 2009, 02:46:38 PM »
I was doing some reading on Radiology since I may be interested in going into that field, and I found something interesting. Did you know:

That the invention of the X-ray was once shunned by the masses. Now how could such an amazing invention that has saved countless lives and made surgical procedures less invasive & more accurate be initially rejected? Was it something logical such as the potential harm the actual rays do to your reproductive organs?

NO. It was because the dumb motherfuckers thought the X-ray was the tool of the devil. I believe the inventor of the X-rays wife even threatened to leave him because she thought he may have been possessed by the devil lol.

This is just one of the many examples that has led me to believe that religion has handicapped humankind from accomplishing more and from moving forward. If you beg to differ, please present your arguments.

Discuss.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Re: POLL: Has religion slowed the progression of man?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 02:54:03 PM »
Obviously.  It doesnt exactly promote expansion of the mind.  If I wanted to control people, I wouldnt want them to educate themselves or waste their time learning facts either. The same things happened to slaves here. Education=power.  There are very intelligent religious people. Unfortunately, they are usually the ones running the church and making millions off of the others.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 03:12:42 PM »
Of course.

Look at stem cells.  If it wasn't for the religious freeks, we could have advanced medicine 100 years in a span of 10 years.  Stem cells have the potential to help millions if not billions on Earth.  But because these religious hypocrites, we're still debating on it instead of doing it. 

In a couple hundred years they're going to look back and say "wow, how come people in the 00's didnt use this science?". 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

Sikotic™

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2009, 03:24:25 PM »
Of course.

Look at stem cells.  If it wasn't for the religious freeks, we could have advanced medicine 100 years in a span of 10 years.  Stem cells have the potential to help millions if not billions on Earth.  But because these religious hypocrites, we're still debating on it instead of doing it. 

In a couple hundred years they're going to look back and say "wow, how come people in the 00's didnt use this science?". 
Another great example. Have a prop.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 09:33:22 PM »
when people manipulate it and/or don't have a proper understand, it ceases the progression of man.

most people wouldn't know this or believe it, but Islam says to question things as much as possible; don't follow blindly.
does that mean there is answer to everything? probably; but the human mind is limited and there are certain things it won't be able to comprehend.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

ikke

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 12:30:02 AM »
Definatly, in the dark ages there was a different cream, Christianity rules everything around me...

And really, Greece made the most devolopment in the ancient world and allot of those people were atheist

Mo Z. Dizzle

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Mo Z. Dizzle, the CEO of WCC Wrestling League
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 02:03:44 AM »
Of course.

Another great example. Have a prop.

I started reading a little more into stem cell research and religious perspective.

It seems Islam (and Judaism) does support most types of stem cell research.
Couple of links I found:
http://www.pfaith.org/islam.htm
http://www.islam101.com/science/stemCells.htm

I'm going to see if I can get some more info from my mosque as well about it.

The WCCWL is always looking for new members; take a chance at becoming a champ!! PM Mo Z. Dizzle if interested!!

Fraxxx

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 04:49:59 AM »
Religion was always about control. To keep people uneducated and close-minded is propably the best way to maintain control. Plus there are many religious people who thought/think of inventions/discoveries made as devilish.

God is fear!
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.