Author Topic: How does an Atheist have a funeral?  (Read 698 times)

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
How does an Atheist have a funeral?
« on: September 03, 2009, 10:32:05 PM »
PLEASE, don't nobody get mad or start an argument, I'm serious bout it. I'm being dead ass. I was thinkin' a minute ago bout alllll this, and this question just popped in my head.

How would somebody layout a funeral, those come with a church service, a mass, a wake. Sure you could get cremated, but spiritual services still get carried out. You know, would one, have a service, period? I'm just being curious. Like what I mean, is if you don't have a funeral, how would you have a burial service...that's what I'm askin'. That's how I'm tryin' to word it.

It's really, ultimately a real fuckin' new day and age sooo questions like this gots to come up..word?

ikke

Re: How does an Atheist have a funeral?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 12:27:05 AM »
My body is to be thrown into the trash.

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 01:05:42 AM »
I dunno. Never been to an "Athiest" funeral. I've been to funerals of Athiest people, but their funerals had a Christian theme to them.

Because a funeral is not for the dead person: its for those left behind. So naturally, they're gonna get a pastor or a priest for the service because religion is used to comfort people during hard times (one of the good qualities that religion brings).

That's why I don't care what happens when I die. I won't be attending the shit anyways lol. As long as, at the end of the day, my family feels a little closure then its all good.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

The Phoenix

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Rise...The Phoenix
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 04:55:56 AM »
Sounds like a good response to me.  If you do not believe in any religion, then when you die...you just die.

Sik, you did bring up a good point.  Thou the person that is dead is athiest, that doesn't mean the people that knew them are.  If anything, the religious people that had to bury their athiest friend/family are probably worried that they may not make it to heaven due to their nonbelief.
Time for a change...bring it!

Fraxxx

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 05:01:00 AM »
In Germany you don't have to have a priest on your funeral. The mortician's usually have someone to deliever the sermon. There are cemetaries for people who don't wanna get involved with the church. It's pretty much the same only without mentioning the afterlife.  ;)
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Fraxxx

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 05:07:27 AM »
Sounds like a good response to me.  If you do not believe in any religion, then when you die...you just die.

Sik, you did bring up a good point.  Thou the person that is dead is athiest, that doesn't mean the people that knew them are.  If anything, the religious people that had to bury their athiest friend/family are probably worried that they may not make it to heaven due to their nonbelief.

The idea of having a religious funeral against my will offends me.^^ I get the motivation behind it. Like you said, they might be worried. That's some shit I can imagine them Jesusfreaks doing.  ;D It would be mad disrespectful to throw a Christian in the trash if he/she wanted a Christian funeral, too.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Cali Climate

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 10:11:02 AM »
When a young person dies it's their family who handles the funeral, and since the older generations tend to believe in religion, their funerals end up that way. I hat to attend a catholic mass and burial for a good friend of mine this year, who was 21 years old and agnostic. He wouldn't have wanted a large ornate service but that's what happened. RIP to his soul, he died on Christmas day in a car wreck on the way to visit his family.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2009, 10:30:13 AM »

I dunno if you saw that "Would you fuck Megan Fox..." thread? But you better hope Sik ot C-Blue is nowhere around when u die homie...
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

The Phoenix

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Rise...The Phoenix
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2009, 10:39:43 AM »

I dunno if you saw that "Would you fuck Megan Fox..." thread? But you better hope Sik ot C-Blue is nowhere around when u die homie...
Yeah, so sick shit would go down.
Time for a change...bring it!

ikke

« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2009, 10:43:44 AM »

In there defence, megan fox is fucking hot, the only way she would get fucked by anyone is rape

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2009, 10:56:35 AM »
QT, when I saw the title of this thread...it sounded like the beginning of a joke lol. I was waiting for a punchline when i came in here.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Sikotic™

« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2009, 11:45:19 AM »
Like I said though, a funeral is not for you, its for the people who mourn you. If you really don't want the possibility of having a religious burial or whatever, donate your body to science or something. I've been thinking about that. I honestly don't care what happens to my body, you can make me a scarecrow or fertilizer or whatever.

THA SAUCE HOUSE

ikke

« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2009, 12:03:26 PM »
Like I said though, a funeral is not for you, its for the people who mourn you. If you really don't want the possibility of having a religious burial or whatever, donate your body to science or something. I've been thinking about that. I honestly don't care what happens to my body, you can make me a scarecrow or fertilizer or whatever.
It would have to be in memory of the deceased.
Having it any other way then how the deceased wants it is disrespectfull.

I'm guessing queen will buy your body and stuff you.
She's about crazy enough to do that

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2009, 05:12:14 PM »
All very inna-restin'.

QT, when I saw the title of this thread...it sounded like the beginning of a joke lol. I was waiting for a punchline when i came in here.
Hahahahahahaha...it does now that you say it.

Sikotic™

« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2009, 02:28:33 AM »
It would have to be in memory of the deceased.
Having it any other way then how the deceased wants it is disrespectfull.

I'm guessing queen will buy your body and stuff you.
She's about crazy enough to do that
LOL @ the part about Queen.

Yeah, a funeral is suppose to be in memory of the person who died, but it never really turns out that way. It has a higher purpose IMO. It does much more in the healing process of those that lost their loved one. I've noticed that a lot in the 3 funerals I've been to this year.

THA SAUCE HOUSE