Author Topic: How does an Atheist have a funeral?  (Read 696 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: How does an Atheist have a funeral?
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2009, 02:55:56 AM »
My body is to be thrown into the trash.
Sounds like a good response to me.  If you do not believe in any religion, then when you die...you just die.

Sik, you did bring up a good point.  Thou the person that is dead is athiest, that doesn't mean the people that knew them are.  If anything, the religious people that had to bury their athiest friend/family are probably worried that they may not make it to heaven due to their nonbelief.

The idea of having a religious funeral against my will offends me.^^ I get the motivation behind it. Like you said, they might be worried. That's some shit I can imagine them Jesusfreaks doing.  ;D It would be mad disrespectful to throw a Christian in the trash if he/she wanted a Christian funeral, too.

if you're an atheist, how the hell are you offended by what they do to your body when you're dead?

C-BLUE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • evil don't die
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2009, 04:30:41 PM »
as a dedicated atheist I want my body cut into 6 pieces (head, torso, legs and hands) and then have each piece mailed (+ a letter) to a few selected christians...one being Queen Sikotic of course. Each piece will have a Satanic symbol tattooed on it (I already have the triple sixes inked in my skull).

And each letter will of course say "Satan wants your soul".

Sikotic™

« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2009, 11:59:56 PM »
as a dedicated atheist I want my body cut into 6 pieces (head, torso, legs and hands) and then have each piece mailed (+ a letter) to a few selected christians...one being Queen Sikotic of course. Each piece will have a Satanic symbol tattooed on it (I already have the triple sixes inked in my skull).

And each letter will of course say "Satan wants your soul".
LMAO
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2009, 07:10:44 AM »
I dunno. Never been to an "Athiest" funeral. I've been to funerals of Athiest people, but their funerals had a Christian theme to them.

Because a funeral is not for the dead person: its for those left behind. So naturally, they're gonna get a pastor or a priest for the service because religion is used to comfort people during hard times (one of the good qualities that religion brings).

That's why I don't care what happens when I die. I won't be attending the shit anyways lol. As long as, at the end of the day, my family feels a little closure then its all good.
Perfect answer.

LAXCENTRAL

« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2009, 06:34:59 PM »
I dunno. Never been to an "Athiest" funeral. I've been to funerals of Athiest people, but their funerals had a Christian theme to them.

Because a funeral is not for the dead person: its for those left behind. So naturally, they're gonna get a pastor or a priest for the service because religion is used to comfort people during hard times (one of the good qualities that religion brings).

That's why I don't care what happens when I die. I won't be attending the shit anyways lol. As long as, at the end of the day, my family feels a little closure then its all good.
wow....
good idea... smart answer i like...

Fraxxx

« Reply #20 on: September 07, 2009, 02:37:03 PM »
My body is to be thrown into the trash.
Sounds like a good response to me.  If you do not believe in any religion, then when you die...you just die.

Sik, you did bring up a good point.  Thou the person that is dead is athiest, that doesn't mean the people that knew them are.  If anything, the religious people that had to bury their athiest friend/family are probably worried that they may not make it to heaven due to their nonbelief.

The idea of having a religious funeral against my will offends me.^^ I get the motivation behind it. Like you said, they might be worried. That's some shit I can imagine them Jesusfreaks doing.  ;D It would be mad disrespectful to throw a Christian in the trash if he/she wanted a Christian funeral, too.

if you're an atheist, how the hell are you offended by what they do to your body when you're dead?

Assuming that the people organising my funeral would be most likely family and/or friends, the idea of them disrespecting my will of i.e. never having a religious funeral is offending. It's not that my corpse was of any worth without this formidable mind.  ;D

It's just like they wouldn't respect my last will. There won't be too many things left when I'm gonna be gone, my body being one of them. I would expect my people to carry out my last will out of respect for who I was, like I would carry out their if I had to.
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Job starring as King Of Zamunda

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • King Of Zamunda
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2009, 05:02:21 PM »
what the fuck does being an atheist have do do with being buried? eye mean eye aint seeing the correlation .......... a nigga getting buried he getting buried end of discussion
HOW TO ROB DUBCC PART 1--> http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=227551.0
"I killed a man who looked like me, whose mother and father looked like my mother and father...and nothing happened," Lawrence Fishburne in Deep Cover

"I would share the definition of balling
with you white folks but no...
the game is to be sold not told
so fuck you." - Pac

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2009, 06:52:36 PM »
what the fuck does being an atheist have do do with being buried? eye mean eye aint seeing the correlation .......... a nigga getting buried he getting buried end of discussion
Uhhhhh becuz when you die, you have a funeral service -- definition -- a ceremony marking a person's death. And usually, like almost ALWAYS, a religious event.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2009, 06:54:29 PM »
But do you see the irony my people.....religion is used to comfort people during hard times. :-X

Job starring as King Of Zamunda

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • King Of Zamunda
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2009, 06:58:48 PM »
Uhhhhh becuz when you die, you have a funeral service -- definition -- a ceremony marking a person's death. And usually, like almost ALWAYS, a religious event.

bingo! so if the nigga was athiest. it wouldnt be made into a religious event where nigga are reading passages from the bible. they would just say they peace and bury the nigga. eye still dont see how this would confuse somebody so much as to make a topic about it like its a a deep ass thought. just sayin
HOW TO ROB DUBCC PART 1--> http://www.dubcc.com/forum/index.php?topic=227551.0
"I killed a man who looked like me, whose mother and father looked like my mother and father...and nothing happened," Lawrence Fishburne in Deep Cover

"I would share the definition of balling
with you white folks but no...
the game is to be sold not told
so fuck you." - Pac

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2009, 07:04:22 PM »

bingo! so if the nigga was athiest. it wouldnt be made into a religious event where nigga are reading passages from the bible. they would just say they peace and bury the nigga. eye still dont see how this would confuse somebody so much as to make a topic about it like its a a deep ass thought. just sayin
Becuz all this shit about atheism on here.... and I had a thought come to mind so I asked. I wouldn't know what they do. How the fuck would I know? So I asked. Andddd wit a simple reply, I now got an answer.

The Phoenix

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Rise...The Phoenix
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2009, 05:02:58 AM »

Becuz all this shit about atheism on here.... and I had a thought come to mind so I asked. I wouldn't know what they do. How the fuck would I know? So I asked. Andddd wit a simple reply, I now got an answer.
My nigga Job misses the point sometimes.  LIke you said QT, you asked the question, and received an answer.  The thread/discussion worked the way you wanted it to work.
Time for a change...bring it!

LAXCENTRAL

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2009, 10:43:59 AM »
LOL

The Phoenix

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Rise...The Phoenix
« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2009, 06:03:36 PM »
LOL
Yeah, my nigga Job is smart, but sometimes he allows his hate to cloud his judgement.
Time for a change...bring it!

Suffice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ain't no motherfuckin' llama!
« Reply #29 on: September 11, 2009, 03:54:59 AM »
I have it all mapped out. I will not be buried, but cremated, and my ashes will be split in 2 parts. One part would go in a small jar somewhere that i consider my true "home", and the other half will be mixed in into a communal jar of ashes that I'm gonna start for my family, so starting with me, whoever wants to join my ashes is totally welcome to do so. I also like when people make diamonds out of ashes of their relatives and make jewelry out of it, but that's not for me, i don't like jewelry. So basically, cremation all the way, baby! Fuck taking up valuable space on the planet.
"You only live once, you might as well die now" - Slim Shady (RIP)