Poll

Are people who don't agree to donate their organs selfish?

Yes
6 (40%)
No
9 (60%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: POLL: Are people who don't agree to donate their organs after they die selfish?  (Read 800 times)

Sikotic™

I had this discussion with someone once just out of the blue. I forgot why I said it, but I mentioned how I have the organ donor sticker on my driver's license. The person told me I was stupid for having that. When I asked how so, she cane up with a number of stupid reasons. She was talking about the possibility that she fears she may come back to life but then she would die because someone may take out her heart (you probably have a better probability of being struck by lightening, winning the lottery twice in a row and being raped by baboons at the same time). She also came up with some crazy religious stuff about how when Jesus returns to take all of the Christians back to heaven how you won't be a complete person and yadda yadda yadda. I told the bitch she was selfish, but I guess entitled to consent whatever she wanted to do with her body.

I also came across a few family members at this one hospital I worked at who refused to allow the doctors to take organs from their loved one who just died. I mean, I know they were heartbroken and distraught, but I still feel they were being straight up selfish. They could of saved another person's life, but refused.

Anyways, I know a lot of people have different opinions on this so discuss.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2009, 01:29:35 PM by Sikotic »
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Blasphemy

Re: POLL: Are people who don't agree to donate their organs selfish?
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2009, 12:07:45 PM »
Sound like your ass is being closed minded and selfish. Get off your make believe moral high ground. The fact is, they don't normally take your Organs until you die (unless you've requested to be on a Kidney donor list or something as a donor). Even then giving your organs up is only your decision. Crucifying the family for not wanting a Doctor to rip stuff out of their family member is stupid nor is it selfish.

Again the Stupid Religion persecution. The bitch as a right, you have no right 2 call it stupid. You also have to remember that this issue on its own is very personal and normally needs to be consider deeply. Would the would be donor feel comfortable knowing that for the rest of her life, until she or he dies that they'll take her organs and put them into someone else. Then you have the other issues like WHO they put it in. Does the person they save conflict with every one of your beliefs? Not just religious but moral.

Is the person you're saving a guy or girl who was nothing more then a person who caused havoc in the lives of his friends/family?

See it's more then just a Yes or No matter. Many issues come with this both for the donor, The family and loved ones, and the person receiving it.

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2009, 12:32:19 PM »
Im gonna donate my liver to ikke....he'll need it.
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

Nigga_With_An_Additude

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 12:34:34 PM »
but see what if it is someone you loved?
I sen this thing on the net where this lady said she would kill herself if it rescued her son

I seen the same thing on this movie I forgot the name of it :John Q yeah thats it

if it saves someone you love nothing is to out of it to save someone you love...........

Sikotic™

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 01:30:16 PM »
Sound like your ass is being closed minded and selfish. Get off your make believe moral high ground. The fact is, they don't normally take your Organs until you die (unless you've requested to be on a Kidney donor list or something as a donor). Even then giving your organs up is only your decision. Crucifying the family for not wanting a Doctor to rip stuff out of their family member is stupid nor is it selfish.

Again the Stupid Religion persecution. The bitch as a right, you have no right 2 call it stupid. You also have to remember that this issue on its own is very personal and normally needs to be consider deeply. Would the would be donor feel comfortable knowing that for the rest of her life, until she or he dies that they'll take her organs and put them into someone else. Then you have the other issues like WHO they put it in. Does the person they save conflict with every one of your beliefs? Not just religious but moral.

Is the person you're saving a guy or girl who was nothing more then a person who caused havoc in the lives of his friends/family?

See it's more then just a Yes or No matter. Many issues come with this both for the donor, The family and loved ones, and the person receiving it.
I should of clarified that I meant AFTER YOU DIED they take your organs. Not while you're alive.

And of course the girl has a right to donate her organs or not, I said that man. Hell, you have the right to smoke cigarettes around your children in the comfort of your own home. Are you gonna tell me that isn't selfish now?

All the silly moral bullshit aside: no matter what you believe or where you believe you are going, you are going to decompose and rot. Why let your organs rot away within your dead ass when you can put them to good use in another person that still has a potentially long life ahead of them? What about that is personal or needs deep consideration?

I wasn't even going on a "stupid religion persecution" as you called it, but if your religious convictions lead to the death of another person because your convictions are ultimately selfish then fuck you and your beliefs.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Furor Teutonicus

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • aka Dr. Jan Itor
ha, here speaks the typical doctor, I knew they were greedy bastards who are obsessed with organs.

But I#m with you, I thought more than once about it and would like to become a donator. I'm just too lazy to apply for it. Yeah I know I'm a scumbag :(

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Hmm I wouldn't say people who don't donate their organs are selfish. Because a lot of people haven't thought about it or have not been presented with the question. I think if it is explained that there are people waiting on lists for organs, or however it works and you can potentially save lives, people would be more willing to donate. Once it has been explained and then they say no, then I would say they are selfish. Anyway, I've never thought about it myself. But shit, I'm in how do I go about becoming an organ donor?

ikke

Hmm I wouldn't say people who don't donate their organs are selfish. Because a lot of people haven't thought about it or have not been presented with the question. I think if it is explained that there are people waiting on lists for organs, or however it works and you can potentially save lives, people would be more willing to donate. Once it has been explained and then they say no, then I would say they are selfish. Anyway, I've never thought about it myself. But shit, I'm in how do I go about becoming an organ donor?
That would suffice I guess.
Society is desperate for organs, any type of confirmation will do, aslong as there isn't proof of you disagreeing later on.

As for me:
Yes, I Am Selfish :)

Blasphemy

Honestly I doubt many people would qualify as donors. Lots of people never take care of the bodies as such the parts they could donate normally disqualify cause of some sorta unhealthy defect.

The Phoenix

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Rise...The Phoenix
Honestly I doubt many people would qualify as donors. Lots of people never take care of the bodies as such the parts they could donate normally disqualify cause of some sorta unhealthy defect.
I never thought of it like that.  I am an organ donor, but I never thought about the bad organ thing.  Fuck it, if I have any good organs when I die, hopefully they will go on to help someone else.
Time for a change...bring it!

Fraxxx

Re: POLL: Are people who don't agree to donate their organs after they die selfi
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2009, 02:56:43 PM »
Many pros and cons. There are just too many people I wouldn't want my organs to have, I guess that's selfish. I would donate my organs if I was sure the right person would get them though.

In the long term too few people won't be our problem anyway.  :scarface:
i don´t need any medicate shit im 100 normal.

Blasphemy

« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2009, 05:59:40 PM »

I should of clarified that I meant AFTER YOU DIED they take your organs. Not while you're alive.

And of course the girl has a right to donate her organs or not, I said that man. Hell, you have the right to smoke cigarettes around your children in the comfort of your own home. Are you gonna tell me that isn't selfish now?

All the silly moral bullshit aside: no matter what you believe or where you believe you are going, you are going to decompose and rot. Why let your organs rot away within your dead ass when you can put them to good use in another person that still has a potentially long life ahead of them? What about that is personal or needs deep consideration?

I wasn't even going on a "stupid religion persecution" as you called it, but if your religious convictions lead to the death of another person because your convictions are ultimately selfish then fuck you and your beliefs.

Fuck their life, Fuck their needs, in the long run we all die. Just cause his or her ass could be extended doesn't mean I'd save the little bitch.

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
I bet this nerd's view would change if he needed an organ

Blasphemy

I bet this nerd's view would change if he needed an organ

Nope, if I needed a organ I wouldn't qualify cause you need to go through a screening process on being clean of drugs and shit and I wouldn't stop just cause I need one. I'd probably die if the situation came up. Not fronting, I just wouldn't quit.  8) Besides, not like death is the worse thing that can happen.

Its like people who smoke. They don't stop smoking cause they have Cancer, they keep doing it. You smoke weed, even though it prohibits it, you're still at risk, but you're not going to quit. Even if you have cancer. I mean its just human nature. Mother fuckers smoke every day, even though the effects of Cancer are shown. People shoot up herion, Do crack do everything. Have sex with out a condom everything. They know the risk involved, in some of these cases death is incurred, in others the effects are still dangerous.

People have unprotected sex just cause the girl was on the pill. That won't protect your ass from STDs. People drink, even though it damages your kidney and impairs your judgment. Face it, we destroy our selves every day, we knowing destroy our selves cause we do it despite the proven risk. So if I needed a organ isn't anymore serious then smoking a cig. Death incurred for both.

Sure the organ can stop it, but once I get the organ, I'll be drinking, smoking and doing everything that destroyed the organ in the first place.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 01:36:52 AM by Blasphemy »

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
I'll be drinking, smoking and doing everything that destroyed the organ in the first place.

Now that's pretty selfish of the donatee (? lol), I wonder how many out there do this.