Author Topic: Jay-Z Projected To Do 300-350k 1st week, Raekwon 55-60k (Hitsdailydouble)  (Read 564 times)

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
Early Release Date Will Catapult Jay-Z to #1, Beatles Box Sets Selling Out

September 9, 2009

It’s all about the Jigga.
Rap icon Jay-Z’s The Blueprint 3, the first release from his Roc Nation imprint through Atlantic Records, will debut at #1 on next week’s HITS album chart with a total between 300-350k. 

That’s the word from those retailers still out there fighting the good fight by refusing to turn their fine establishments into medical marijuana dispensaries.

The Beatles’ stereo and mono box sets, as well as all the individual, re-mastered titles, hit the streets today from EMI Music, and initial reports have the box sets selling out at Amazon and other on-line retailers.

Next up on the debut list is IceH2O’s Wu Tang Clan member Raekwon with the sequel to his celebrated Only Built for Cuban Linx, distributed by Dominic Pandiscia’s EMI Label Services Group, which should be good for 55-60k.

Columbia’s Boston rockers Boys Like Girls are eyeing a debut in the 45-50k range, while Arista Nashville’s retiring country duo Brooks & Dunn go out with a greatest hits set in the 35-40k area. Virgin metallists Saosin’s In Search of Solid Ground should do 20-25k, while Tooth & Nail’s Thousand Foot Krutch is just behind with 15-20k.

The market was up 8% vs. last week, down 7% vs. same week last year and down 14% year to date.

You may now return to boycotting our President’s appearance in your child’s classroom.

Lunatic

Re: Jay-Z Projected To Do 300-350k 1st week, Raekwon 55-60k (Hitsdailydouble)
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 01:42:23 PM »
Not bad numbers AT ALL for Rae considering not much promo.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

dj Hurricane

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2009, 01:50:17 PM »

Didnt Even Know He Had An Album Coming Out

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2009, 01:57:02 PM »
can somebody up an updated SoundScan of the numbers?

Blood$

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2009, 02:15:28 PM »
pretty much what I thought Jay was gonna do... that's good for Raekwon, I agree with Lunatic

I gotta cop Rae's album once I get my checks  8)

sprite

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2009, 03:01:35 PM »

nobody knows any music is coming out these days unless you're a hip hop head with the internet

I know crazy hip hop heads who never have a clue when shit is coming out and stuff flies under the radar

60k is incredible.... I woulda said like 12k haha

MediumL

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2009, 04:13:28 PM »
thing is Wu fans will buy a record if its dope and they'll come out in big numbers and support. Seeing as this is one of the best Wu records this decade then I'm not surprised its get alot of love. Reviews praising it and increased awareness that its actually in stores will mean it does good numbers.

Jay maintains his ability to get number 1 seller but the album isnt great to me so I was kinda expecting weaker numbers for him.

BTW heres a link to hip hop/rnb sales atm: http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/news/id.9774/title.hip-hop-album-sales-the-week-ending-9-5-2009
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 04:16:18 PM by MediumL »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 07:02:24 PM »
So EM did 600k with 1 month of promotion, Camel face been promoting this album for an year and does 300k...............

he's not as popular as he think he is
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 07:05:31 PM »
but he wasnt really promotin it and he slacked and didnt market it as well as other albums IMO

So EM did 600k with 1 month of promotion, Camel face been promoting this album for an year and does 300k...............

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Kool Beenz

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2009, 08:28:11 PM »
 :o

Rae doiing that much numbers with no promotion and shit

i mean he was on the deal last night but that berly counts cus its 24 hours before the album dropped

he is already doing better the slaughterhouse

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2009, 10:13:09 AM »
:o

Rae doiing that much numbers with no promotion and shit

i mean he was on the deal last night but that berly counts cus its 24 hours before the album dropped

he is already doing better the slaughterhouse

lol, for somebody who was argued a month ago to be "SO RELEVANT, so much more than Slaughterhouse", they didn't do eye-popping numbers.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2009, 11:37:43 AM »
but he wasnt really promotin it and he slacked and didnt market it as well as other albums IMO

LOL, Jay has been promoting this album for an year now, and shit really kicked off MONTHS ago when DOA dropped

h
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2009, 12:22:29 PM »
Anybody who hasn't got Cuban Linx II yet needs to go and cop that, it's straight up classic Wu shit. Decent numbers for just internet promo (Youtube drops, Twitter and all that) too.

These are just projections though, both Rae's and Jay's numbers could still go either way.

Oh, also...

That’s the word from those retailers still out there fighting the good fight by refusing to turn their fine establishments into medical marijuana dispensaries.

WTF does that mean? Record stores are turning into medical marijuana shops? What?