Author Topic: Kid Cudi - Man On The Moon: The End Of The Day DISSCUSION THREAD  (Read 2361 times)

Lunatic

Re: Kid Cudi - Man On The Moon: The End Of The Day DISSCUSION THREAD
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2009, 11:25:01 AM »
waitin for GR
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Paul

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2009, 11:52:48 AM »
After 1 spin, i didnt like it. Like some one already said you need to be in the mood to listen to it i think, i want to like it though cause i think Cudi is talented

Stand out track for me Pursuit of Happiness
funkyfreshintheflesh

operation stackola

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2009, 06:23:48 PM »
This is a great album. I wish "Make Her Say" wasn't on this, though (it really takes away from the vibe). But, yeah, it's def. something you gotta be in the mood to play.

LodiDodi

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2009, 11:22:35 PM »
That Hyyerr track is straight fire  8)

First time I heard it I picked up on a Bone Thuggish vibe.  Wondering if there's some intentional BTNH influence seeing as how Cudi's also from Cleveland.  By far one of the best tracks I've heard in a long time.

TraceOneInfinite Flat Earther 96'

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Permanent Resident Flat Erth 1996 Pre-Sept. 13th
« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2009, 11:29:35 PM »
I had pretty much given up on hip-hop.  I mean, since Eminem came with the 8 Mile soundtrack and 50 blowing up and at that time hip-hop was still exciting.

I liked the Jedi Mind Tricks Servants In Heaven album... but I don't know that their sound was that much different from something D-12 would of done on Devils Night, it was kind of that shock value, hardcore hip-hop lyricism that had been done before, just with a different flavor.

I think this is the first time since Eminem, that an artist has came with a sound this fresh.  Hope I'm not over-exaggerating, and over hyping this thing.  Don't want to jinx it.
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

(btw, Earth 🌎 is not a spinning water ball)

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2009, 02:30:02 AM »
I had pretty much given up on hip-hop.  I mean, since Eminem came with the 8 Mile soundtrack and 50 blowing up and at that time hip-hop was still exciting.

I liked the Jedi Mind Tricks Servants In Heaven album... but I don't know that their sound was that much different from something D-12 would of done on Devils Night, it was kind of that shock value, hardcore hip-hop lyricism that had been done before, just with a different flavor.

I think this is the first time since Eminem, that an artist has came with a sound this fresh.  Hope I'm not over-exaggerating, and over hyping this thing.  Don't want to jinx it.

Are you comparing D12 to JMT? :o

kemizt

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2009, 02:36:31 AM »
Starts out whack, then gets good.  Very interesting.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2009, 06:56:25 AM »
starts out whack?

Story of My Life is the bomb
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

MediumL

« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2009, 07:18:23 AM »
Listened to it and its def something where uve gotta be in the mood. Luckily I was and it was perfect for the moment. Especially Pursuit of Happiness, standout track. As someone said Make Her Say should have been a bonus cut at the end. its a cool song but doesnt fit at all...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2009, 08:38:52 AM »

Yeah I am. Both sounds are similar to me.  

Production:  Eminem vs. Stoupe

They both use either dark, melancholy production ("Uncommon Valor" "Razorblade Salvation" compares with "Revelation" "Pistol Pistol"), or to contrast at times with a loud aggressive sound and lyricism ("Heavy Metal Kings" compares with "Fight Music").

Lyrics:  Vinnie Paz vs. D-12

Both use elements of shock value and from the perspective of a psychopath, grimy shit...  (Vinnie Paz "I'll murder you and laugh").  The major difference is that Vinnie Paz sometimes tries to be shocking by rhyming about war and Islamic revolution while D-12 never raps about world politics; although D-12 did use many references to Columbine, Oklahoma City bombings (Swifty McViegh) and so on.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 08:42:01 AM by Infinite... the cognitive dissonance theory »
My First Officially Schedule Rap Battle on Stage as an undercard to the undercard match

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2009, 11:09:26 AM »
"Sky Might Fall" and "Day And Night" seem like best joints so far on first listen.  Also, I really like the idea of having Common narrate at different points in the album, that was dope.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2009, 11:52:31 AM »

Nevermind... I had downloaded a few cuts while waiting for the leak.  I downloaded "Changing Lanes" "Sky Is Falling" and "Day and Night".  So I was really hyped for this, and of course it ended up being just another let down.  Just him whining for no apparent reason about bitches and drugs and being happy sometimes but sometimes sad. 

Hip-Hop Is Still Dead.

Lucifuge

« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2009, 11:58:24 AM »
Link me please
ALESSANDRO DEL PIERO!!!

Detox 2000Never

tyranasaurus rex like fuck a bitch
i once saw a pterdactyl fuck a bitch
eat a bowl these bitch gobbling dick
hoes forgot to eat a dick a shut the fuck up
roll through crenshaw on my pterdactyl like what up!
By kevin t as Kurupt :D

K.Dub

• Magic
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2009, 02:27:49 PM »

Yeah I am. Both sounds are similar to me.  

Production:  Eminem vs. Stoupe

They both use either dark, melancholy production ("Uncommon Valor" "Razorblade Salvation" compares with "Revelation" "Pistol Pistol"), or to contrast at times with a loud aggressive sound and lyricism ("Heavy Metal Kings" compares with "Fight Music").

Lyrics:  Vinnie Paz vs. D-12

Both use elements of shock value and from the perspective of a psychopath, grimy shit...  (Vinnie Paz "I'll murder you and laugh").  The major difference is that Vinnie Paz sometimes tries to be shocking by rhyming about war and Islamic revolution while D-12 never raps about world politics; although D-12 did use many references to Columbine, Oklahoma City bombings (Swifty McViegh) and so on.

D12 is a joke compared to JMT.

kemizt

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2009, 02:43:33 PM »

D12 is a joke compared to JMT.

If D12 was an underground group that had never gone platinum then you would not make this statement.