Author Topic: WideAwake on Tha Next Episode  (Read 2141 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: WideAwake on Tha Next Episode
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2009, 02:24:25 PM »
Be good to know the exact technicality in relation to the 2Pac catalouge. IE: The All Eyez On Me, and Don Killuminati : 7 Day Theory albums. WIDEawake probably - in fact, more than likely wont be able to use OG versions of songs as bonuses on the re-issues should there be any, but may - at present time, be able to use additional mixes of the songs.

I think they should leave the 2Pac re-issues (if any) later on, in 2011, 2012 to allow time to create a 'good' valued relationship with Amaru, and a reliance that they wont exploit the 2Pac material (even though that would be hypocritical from Amaru - the "alive conspiracy initiators") in the hopes that one day they could re-issue those 2 albums with Original versions of tracks, and a couple of cuts

I bet you they can release whtaever 2pac originals they want - but they'd have to pay some $$$$ to a few estates (johnny j, kadafi etc)
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

kuruptDPG

« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2009, 02:42:47 PM »
dre probs thinks his old stuff will either out sell detox if it comes out or he doesnt want any1 to hear old verses that maybe are recycled

dameons

« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2009, 03:33:45 PM »
I'll take an instrumental.

snoop

« Reply #33 on: September 07, 2009, 03:56:33 PM »
I think it's as simple as Dre not wanting Wide Awake making money off his work.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #34 on: September 07, 2009, 04:06:06 PM »
dre probs thinks his old stuff will either out sell detox if it comes out or he doesnt want any1 to hear old verses that maybe are recycled
we already know Next Episode aint recycled
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2009, 04:07:15 PM »
I think it's as simple as Dre not wanting Wide Awake making money off his work.
do u know how many no-name Jews got 3-car garages off of record sales from THe CHronic 2001??

Dre knows he'd be seeing a fat check from Wide Awake....hell he's probably getting one from the Re-Lit project itself

that's not the reason for t ihs

Okka

« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2009, 04:15:53 PM »
Well, only one who knows the reason is Dr. Dre. I hope who the fuck ever will get the next interview with Dre better ask why doesn't he want his old material released.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #37 on: September 07, 2009, 04:22:39 PM »
Well, only one who knows the reason is Dr. Dre. I hope who the fuck ever will get the next interview with Dre better ask why doesn't he want his old material released.
and then punch him int he fucking jaw

The "Untouchable" DJR

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #38 on: September 07, 2009, 04:51:11 PM »
I always thought it was pretty obvious Dre doesn't want anything to do with anything DR related, not then and not now. And why should he, he has left the past behind him. Besides this dude takes ten years to do another album, his label isn't what it should be so why in the fuck should he be involved in putting out some unreleased songs from a time period he has left behind him a long time ago and doesn't care for anymore?

~Loyalty Is Everything~

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #39 on: September 07, 2009, 05:51:30 PM »
I always thought it was pretty obvious Dre doesn't want anything to do with anything DR related, not then and not now. And why should he, he has left the past behind him. Besides this dude takes ten years to do another album, his label isn't what it should be so why in the fuck should he be involved in putting out some unreleased songs from a time period he has left behind him a long time ago and doesn't care for anymore?
then were gonn ahve to kick this niggas ASS!!@!!@

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #40 on: September 07, 2009, 06:05:29 PM »
and then punch him int he fucking jaw

hahahahaha

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2009, 07:01:16 PM »
If profit isn't made I doubt Dre can do anything about it. Just say some hacked into their system and jacked. Once out Dre might be willing to sign it off seing that it's seen the light of day.

Guys, c'mon now.  Do you know how copyright law works?  You can't just take somebody else's intellectual property and release it to the public when somebody else (e.g. Dre) owns the copyright (publishing) to it.  It's illegal.  Deal with it.  The only way Dre vocals get released through WideAwake is if he sees them paying Snoop his royalties from the Lost Sessions album in October and begins to trust WideAwake enough that he lets them put out his old music.  That's the only way.  If they put it up for free on their Web site, that's a copyright lawsuit right there.  It has nothing to do with whether they're profiting off of it.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Blasphemy

« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2009, 07:12:19 PM »
If profit isn't made I doubt Dre can do anything about it. Just say some hacked into their system and jacked. Once out Dre might be willing to sign it off seing that it's seen the light of day.

Guys, c'mon now.  Do you know how copyright law works?  You can't just take somebody else's intellectual property and release it to the public when somebody else (e.g. Dre) owns the copyright (publishing) to it.  It's illegal.  Deal with it.  The only way Dre vocals get released through WideAwake is if he sees them paying Snoop his royalties from the Lost Sessions album in October and begins to trust WideAwake enough that he lets them put out his old music.  That's the only way.  If they put it up for free on their Web site, that's a copyright lawsuit right there.  It has nothing to do with whether they're profiting off of it.

That's assuming dre actually gives a shit. The entire Death Row thing could be seen as both a good and a bad way. In the beginning good, but near the end it was a BAD thing for dre. I mean he was dissed out by 2pac, he didn't show up at Snoops Murder trail, Suge Knight had turn the label into a very bad area. Even 2pac and snoop said near the end lots of bad blood was starting to erupt between the artist.

Honestly i dbout dre gives a shit, and wouldn't want them to profit from the sells, that and I think he is ok with the way everything turned out.. but yeah, fuck dre for not letting that track drops. Its got to be the Most Hyped up West Coast Track since what OG Cali Love.

G-Funk

« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2009, 07:13:47 PM »

wasn't dubcnn gonna interview him?

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2009, 07:39:26 PM »

did  you see what happend when DeatH Row put "the last meal" for FREE in mp3 format on it's website??

they never got in trouble