Author Topic: WideAwake on Tha Next Episode  (Read 2132 times)

Blasphemy

Re: WideAwake on Tha Next Episode
« Reply #45 on: September 07, 2009, 07:52:23 PM »
Well, only one who knows the reason is Dr. Dre. I hope who the fuck ever will get the next interview with Dre better ask why doesn't he want his old material released.

wasn't dubcnn gonna interview him?

wasn't dubcnn suppose to have a Magizine? I'm still lookin 4 it...

Blasphemy

« Reply #46 on: September 07, 2009, 07:57:40 PM »
If profit isn't made I doubt Dre can do anything about it. Just say some hacked into their system and jacked. Once out Dre might be willing to sign it off seing that it's seen the light of day.

Guys, c'mon now.  Do you know how copyright law works?  You can't just take somebody else's intellectual property and release it to the public when somebody else (e.g. Dre) owns the copyright (publishing) to it.  It's illegal.  Deal with it.  The only way Dre vocals get released through WideAwake is if he sees them paying Snoop his royalties from the Lost Sessions album in October and begins to trust WideAwake enough that he lets them put out his old music.  That's the only way.  If they put it up for free on their Web site, that's a copyright lawsuit right there.  It has nothing to do with whether they're profiting off of it.

did  you see what happend when DeatH Row put "the last meal" for FREE in mp3 format on it's website??

they never got in trouble

That's cause Snoop Dogg doesn't know shit about legality, nor does he want to get into it with Suge. When he left The row, suge was in jail.. Dre on the other hand is a real businessman. He obviously did take Death row and Suge to court. While he couldn't get his masters/rights back he did get the injunction passed to stop any more releases of him. Face it Dre is smarter, if Death Row had done that with 2001 Dre so would of filed a lawsuit, won and probably use the opportunity to try and regain the rights to the Chronic again.

That's why Dre IMO is only good as a businessman/producer.Lyricist? He needs ghost writers, as a rapper hes good. But I mean he ain't stupid. He never bought into the whole east vs west thing, the Hardcore image Death Row was putting out (which ironically he started via The Chronic). His ass knew business.

Sorta Ironic, he found such success on Death cause of Suge Knight being able to get his contract from Ruthless (though the publishing clause may explain why he didn't release anything), then near the end he found himself on a bad way cause of Suge and Suge being able to prevent him from getting his masters. Its a fucked situation lol

Muhfukka

« Reply #47 on: September 07, 2009, 08:24:39 PM »
fuck dr dre

Jimmy H.

« Reply #48 on: September 07, 2009, 09:50:02 PM »
I say Boycott Detox and Dres crusty ass until the retard at least gives us the Next Episode..

Or maybe we can all find out where he lives and sit on his lawn crying like little kids syaing "GIMME NEXT EPISODE! I WANT IT!!!!"

Be good to know the exact technicality in relation to the 2Pac catalouge. IE: The All Eyez On Me, and Don Killuminati : 7 Day Theory albums. WIDEawake probably - in fact, more than likely wont be able to use OG versions of songs as bonuses on the re-issues should there be any, but may - at present time, be able to use additional mixes of the songs.

I think they should leave the 2Pac re-issues (if any) later on, in 2011, 2012 to allow time to create a 'good' valued relationship with Amaru, and a reliance that they wont exploit the 2Pac material (even though that would be hypocritical from Amaru - the "alive conspiracy initiators") in the hopes that one day they could re-issue those 2 albums with Original versions of tracks, and a couple of cuts
I think Laura Lavi already broke it down in an interview. She said they could put one album worth of unreleased Tupac songs as part of the auction deal.

did  you see what happend when DeatH Row put "the last meal" for FREE in mp3 format on it's website??

That's not true at all. Priority actually brought the legal team down on them. And in the case of "The Last Meal", Suge argued that since he was still making money off of Snoop's catalog at No Limit that it would hurt his sales too.

Dre gave up his masters and his portion of a company that was worth more than $100 million dollars. Since then, he apparently never got paid his proper dollars when it came to publishing royalties so I'm guessing I think of a few reasons why he's not in a hurry to sign off on giving more of his material away. We may get it some day, we may not. It ain't the end of the world. We still got four unreleased Dre-produced Snoop songs coming, next month.

Blasphemy

« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2009, 01:49:05 AM »
I say Boycott Detox and Dres crusty ass until the retard at least gives us the Next Episode..

Or maybe we can all find out where he lives and sit on his lawn crying like little kids syaing "GIMME NEXT EPISODE! I WANT IT!!!!"

Maybe I can find were your mom is and Donkey Punch the bitch proper.  8)

I mean come on, I just want the Next Episode already. Detox hype is crap, he says he is bring Lil Wayne and TI on the mother fucker....do R-Kelly and shit. Not really hyped up for it anymore.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2009, 01:57:51 AM »

;D props!
so much drama on dubcc over one song, damn :D

Jimmy H.

« Reply #51 on: September 08, 2009, 02:02:15 AM »

I mean come on, I just want the Next Episode already. Detox hype is crap, he says he is bring Lil Wayne and TI on the mother fucker....do R-Kelly and shit. Not really hyped up for it anymore.
  Mama jokes? Crying about Dre & Snoop tracks from the Death Row era? Quick. Somebody get me a DeLorean DMC-12, about five feet of fishing line, and a Sega Genesis cartridge. We lost another one in 1993 and he appears to be throwing a temper tantrum.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #52 on: September 08, 2009, 02:06:09 AM »

Mama jokes? Crying about Dre & Snoop tracks from the Death Row era? Quick. Somebody get me a DeLorean DMC-12, about five feet of fishing line, and a Sega Genesis cartridge. We lost another one in 1993 and he appears to be throwing a temper tantrum.

:D

GSmith

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #53 on: September 08, 2009, 02:47:35 AM »
Someone should ask about the Helter Skelter Album. I dont have Twitter so i cant ask.

V2DHeart

« Reply #54 on: September 08, 2009, 10:22:50 AM »
Quote from: False Things Must Perish2

did  you see what happend when DeatH Row put "the last meal" for FREE in mp3 format on it's website??

They did get contacted about that. Dead Man Walkin' also appeared on the website as well, which helped Death Row, and Tha Last Meal was The last release from No Limit that Suge would profit from

Quote from: Jimmy H
I think Laura Lavi already broke it down in an interview. She said they could put one album worth of unreleased Tupac songs as part of the auction deal.

I know about the previously unreleased 13 track 2Pac album. In fact, it could be broken down as 2 EP's.. One with 6 tracks, another with 7... One projected album can consist of multiple volumes. What I mean about the Makaveli/All Eyez albums was that there may be a technicality which allows them to release material in any shapre or form already released to the public. Suge's Death Row had something similar, which is why we seen many tracks from the All Eyez/Makaveli albums released in numerous forms Eg: Remix (Nu Mixx) Live albums and so on - various remixes on other inmates projects (Kurupt, Eastwood, NINA, Crooked I) which wouldn't deprive the belief that a 2Pac OG's album could have happened on Death Row in modern times

« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 10:26:50 AM by mickaveli2001 »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

love33

« Reply #55 on: September 08, 2009, 05:48:33 PM »
What really happened was Suge was going to release 4 unreleased Dr. Dre solo tracks around the same time period in 1999 when Dre was dropping then-titled "The Chronic 2000" (same title Suge was using).  Suge was going to put the 4 unreleased Dre tracks, with the unreleased Pac tracks that did get released, and combine that with DPG tracks and tracks by the Top Dogg, Tha Realest, Soopafly, and Mac Shawn.  Suge renamed "Inside Out" to "Chronic 2000" and it was a great marketing strategy for Suge to push his new acts along with Top Dogg being on that "All About U" video on Tupac's Greatest Hits.

Dre forfeited the masters over to Suge as part of his deal when he left Death Row.  So Suge really owned those masters (now Wideawake).  However, the court ruled even though Suge owned them, that he could never release them without Dre's approval, except for tracks that had already been released (This is why we saw the same Dre tracks repackaged and re-released on several Death Row releases, but never any unreleased tracks).  The judge ruled this way because Dre had not recieved any compensation for sales of "The Chronic" album when he left the label, even though he forfeited his masters to Suge, Dre never recieved any royalties so the judge made this ruling.

Then Dre took him to court saying that he didn't want his tracks released on Suge's version of "The Chronic 2000."  So the judge ruled that Suge has exclusive rights over the album title "The Chronic 2000" and Suge was NOT allowed to release any Dre tracks that were recorded in the Death Row era even though suge legally owned those tracks.  This is why Dre's album was renamed to "2001," because suge owned "The Chronic 2000" name.  (Otherwise, two "chronic 2000" albums probably would have came out with the same title and the controversy would have led to even more sales).

When Suge forfeited his masters to death row over in the bankruptcy hearing and were eventually purchased legitimately by Wideawake, all of suge's tracks became ownership of wideawake, including the Dr. Dre tracks. The tracks are all there, but Wideawake cannot release them without approval from Dr. Dre.

I personally think the major reason Dre will not sign off on a release of some of these tracks is because it would water down the hype of "Detox."  When an artist has huge hype for a release, it can kill the hype if a bunch of records surface before the big release.  For example, this is why Jermaine Dupri was upset at Daz for releasing a solo album on indy DPG records shortly before his big release when JD was trying to hype and push "So So Gangsta."

JD Bastin

« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2009, 05:51:19 PM »
i hope they release "187um NEW YORK KILLERZ" by Pac, i want that in CD-Q

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #57 on: September 08, 2009, 06:36:50 PM »
jimmy H

if i dont get a Cdq of Next episode in my lifetime i'll have to start a genocide!
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #58 on: September 08, 2009, 07:16:40 PM »
this shit is fuckin crazy!

yall are clownin hard in this thread!!!

Jimmy H.

« Reply #59 on: September 08, 2009, 09:37:32 PM »
jimmy H

if i dont get a Cdq of Next episode in my lifetime i'll have to start a genocide!
That's an interesting plan but how does that work? Are you gonna start the genocide from your death bed or are you counting on some kind of reincarnation that will allow you to exact revenge in another life? I mean, what if you start the genocide and halfway through it, "Next Episode" comes out. Boy, will your face be red.