Author Topic: Holy Fuck! This Song...  (Read 365 times)

ILL-Logic-AL

Holy Fuck! This Song...
« on: November 03, 2002, 09:15:03 AM »
Immortal Technique - "Dance With The Devil"

This song is amazing. Some of the best storytelling you'll ever hear. Props to 704D for recommending the artist to me. You all need to check this out, I got it from Kazaa.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2002, 09:19:11 AM by ILL Logic »

ILL-Logic-AL

Re:Holy Fuck! This Song...
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2002, 01:51:54 PM »
Okay well your the ones missing out. Honestly, you'll thank me for telling you to download this because the song really is that tight.

DJ_Jay_Deee

« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2002, 05:22:40 PM »
I downloaded this song its dope. Your right, a very good story telling song. I'm gonna go check out some some other shit from this guy.

Thanks for the hook up bortha. I'm out.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2002, 06:56:38 AM »
Finally someone catches on! I made a topic about this song in outbound connections a while back but as usual no-one took any notice. This song is amazing ain't it, from the beat to the lyrics, the way he used that classical beat is genius and the story is told so good is scary how true it feels, it's almost like your there watching.

Btw, for those of you that read the Source's Unsigned Hype section he was featured in this years November issue.

Nice one for taking the time out to actually check him out Logic, I knew you'd like him  ;)

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Don Seer

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2002, 06:59:57 AM »
! I made a topic about this song in outbound connections a while back but as usual no-one took any notice.

No.. no one gave a shit because its not west coast related...

Your luck you gotta forum to discuss other shit as it is.   >:(

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2002, 07:17:24 AM »
No.. no one gave a shit because its not west coast related...

Your luck you gotta forum to discuss other shit as it is.   >:(

Nothing in here (outbound connections) is westcoast related, thats why I posted it in here. What I was getting at was no-one takes much notice of artists that don't get much exposure, like say Nas or Jay-Z do, same goes for the westcoast connection section, there aren't usually many topics about the westcoast underground, and when there are they get minimal replies compared to threads that are to do with Snoop/Dre/Death Row etc. That's all i'm saying....
« Last Edit: November 04, 2002, 07:19:54 AM by =[Euthanasia]= »

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.

Don Seer

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2002, 07:22:53 AM »
eh? this guy is from HARLEM  ??? and this post was originally in the main forum before I moved it in here.

"there aren't usually many topics about the westcoast underground" whats that got to do with this topic?

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2002, 07:40:52 AM »
eh? this guy is from HARLEM  ??? and this post was originally in the main forum before I moved it in here.

"there aren't usually many topics about the westcoast underground" whats that got to do with this topic?

Noooo, I said I posted a thread in here (outbound connections) about this song a while ago but no-one bothered to check it out, my reasons I explained (that he doesn't get any exposure so people don't really care for him like they would for say Naz or Jay-Z related threads). Outbound connections is for non-westcoast related hip-hop topics right, so the people who come in here are generally interested in more than just westcoast hip-hop therefore this guy fits in here. Now this thread didn't get many replies because it was in the westcoast connection section, and your right there because he's not westcoast related, but I didn't put it in there, Logic did.

ILL-Logic-AL

« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2002, 07:52:38 AM »
Cat Fight  ;D

This twist on the end of the song is tight. Its like a movie.

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2002, 08:07:16 AM »
Cat Fight  ;D

Your fault! J/k  ;D

Naw, all I did was say no-one in here bothered to check it out first time around, and it's true, oh well, bit of exposure for him (Immortal Technique) anyway  ;D

The bit at the end is evil, lol, do you think it really is true? I'm thinking not, no-one would be foolish enough to admit to rape..... ::)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2002, 08:08:32 AM by =[Euthanasia]= »

Don Seer

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2002, 08:37:34 AM »
Cat Fight  ;D

There go that cat thing again  8)

ILL-Logic-AL

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2002, 11:19:56 AM »
*Ignoring Overseer*

I dont think it was true aswell, some good storytelling though and it shows hes got a creative mind. I was bumpin one of his other songs and he spat this line - "Attempts to extinguish me don't even bother me none/Like retarded kids throwing ice cubes at the sun" and this other tight line - "With more facts and formulas and philosophical logic/Then a basement full of scientists puffing on chronic