Author Topic: DAZ & BIGG A SPEAK AGAIN ON LARA LAVI & DEATHROW RECORDS  (Read 2472 times)

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: DAZ & BIGG A SPEAK AGAIN ON LARA LAVI & DEATHROW RECORDS
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2009, 10:28:38 PM »
yo daz, you gonna get those pressed hard copy cd's of your "public enemiez" lp on amazon.com or cduniverse.com?...

V2DHeart

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2009, 11:24:13 PM »
There was a few who paid $500
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2009, 11:25:31 PM »
daz took the youtube video down. i wonder why,...

rollindown101

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2009, 11:57:00 PM »
There was a few who paid $500

That's even stupider.. there was one person who paid $500 and his name was Jermaine..

Leave the mastering to the experts and people who originally did it..

http://www.berniegrundmanmastering.com/engineers/grundman.html

lawz2760

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2009, 11:57:42 PM »
Can someone fill me in on what was said, recap the interview  8)
Do you need a credit card for internet orders? Check this out for Low Interest Credit Cards and great card offers, check out my site.

http://lawz2760.newcreditapplications.com/

KrazySumwhat

« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2009, 12:16:06 AM »
^cant help u there.

I used to buy the chuuch mix tapes from tooz an a few other things also an he always sent the items but when i went to support Daz whom iam a big fan of on his myspace page(i think i was ordering soopaflys album when it was only availeable digital(dont really know why i paid for a digital album but)) Daz wouldnt even semd me the link, he never did.
 I ended up just downloading it for free in the end. Good way to treat your fans who actually go out of their way to support huh?
 But it may have been someone else runnin Dazs page i guess..
 J.t tha bigga figure was relieable.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2009, 12:20:34 AM »
Yeah, I'd buy from Toon too. He had really cheap prices on DPG product that wasn't in stores and always delivered. It's weird because I remember back in the day when I ordered a whole bunch of DPG Cd's and that excited feeling I got when they arrived in the mail. I wish I could still give a shit about music like I did back then.

rollindown101

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2009, 12:31:22 AM »
^cant help u there.

I used to buy the chuuch mix tapes from tooz an a few other things also an he always sent the items but when i went to support Daz whom iam a big fan of on his myspace page(i think i was ordering soopaflys album when it was only availeable digital(dont really know why i paid for a digital album but)) Daz wouldnt even semd me the link, he never did.
 I ended up just downloading it for free in the end. Good way to treat your fans who actually go out of their way to support huh?
 But it may have been someone else runnin Dazs page i guess..
 J.t tha bigga figure was relieable.

Yeah I got the Soopafly album online too, Bangin' West Coast, after you bought it you got the link on the PayPal purchase page, you must of missed the link but it was all within the system during the checkout process of the company that hosted it.

rollindown101

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2009, 12:48:58 AM »
Can someone fill me in on what was said, recap the interview  8)

In summary, its a wait and see what happens..

They said... Wideawake is getting shafted by Koch by telling them the Snoop album should only do 35,000 units, explaining Dogg Chit did 100,000 units. Bigg A said it would do 35,000 if it wasnt promoted or marketed. Daz was explaining they were diluting themselves and the artists. Talking about how Snoop would sell more if it were done right. The $15k offer was to get Daz to promote and remix tracks and to sign a release. Wideawake wanted Daz to promote their stuff with Snoop but seems they didn't really get at Snoop about it and Daz was saying he wouldn't do it without Snoop. Daz said that John Payne was around for a split second before he was gone and there was good reason for getting rid of him. They both were talking about how the old shit is dope and the fans wanna hear it but come holla at them when things are straight. They wanna make sure people are paid by Wideawake and things are done right.

There were a few other things too.. but that's the main idea.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2009, 12:51:01 AM by soopapriest »

JohnnyL

« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2009, 06:02:34 AM »
Can someone fill me in on what was said, recap the interview  8)

In summary, its a wait and see what happens..

They said... Wideawake is getting shafted by Koch by telling them the Snoop album should only do 35,000 units, explaining Dogg Chit did 100,000 units. Bigg A said it would do 35,000 if it wasnt promoted or marketed. Daz was explaining they were diluting themselves and the artists. Talking about how Snoop would sell more if it were done right. The $15k offer was to get Daz to promote and remix tracks and to sign a release. Wideawake wanted Daz to promote their stuff with Snoop but seems they didn't really get at Snoop about it and Daz was saying he wouldn't do it without Snoop. Daz said that John Payne was around for a split second before he was gone and there was good reason for getting rid of him. They both were talking about how the old shit is dope and the fans wanna hear it but come holla at them when things are straight. They wanna make sure people are paid by Wideawake and things are done right.

There were a few other things too.. but that's the main idea.

Unfortunately I didn't get to see the video before it was taken down, so thanks for summarizing it.  I agree with Daz that if they wanted him to promote their stuff with Snoop, they should have spoken with Snoop as well as Daz.  I thought they said that they had already spoken with Snoop though.  But if they didn't, I think they should have.  However, even if the first several Wideawake released don't do big numbers (especially when no one seems to want to step up and help them promote the releases), isn't some money in royalty checks better than no money?  I mean, after all, there was a pretty good chance that Suge was never going to release a lot of this material when it was still in his possession.  Wideawake at least wants to get the material out there.  After all, you can't make money when you never offer anything for sale.  I say Daz should at least wait and see what happens with " The Chronic: Re-Lit."  If things go as planned, he should start to see some money from that.  I'm guessing probably the Snoop Doggy Dogg album too.  At the very least he shouldn't want to say anything too bad about Wideawake.  Whether he agrees to sign any deal with them, he'll be making money off of many of their future releases.

krook look bugzy

• Lil Geezy
  • ive been searching..........
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2009, 06:14:10 AM »
yea i would like to see sum new old shit come out. But it cant be scrapz. it soundz like wide awake has itz work cut out for them.
u know what else......IM ONLY BUYIN THE CHRONIC RELIT BECAUSE C.P.O. BOSS HOGG aka LIL NATION is gonna be on that mutha phuka! JUS SO U KNOW.......

myspace.com/krooklookbugzy

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2009, 07:35:10 AM »
what's the point of making a topic & then remove the video.

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2009, 07:38:24 AM »
also good to hear the dogg pound albums "get paid" & "100 wayz" are still comin.

also i'm wonderin if daz's Neu-ro project of the dogg pound album called "that was then, this is now" is still droppin?
that's supposedly 2cd. one cd being old dogg pound music, and another cd being new dogg pound music.

waitin for that aswell

kuruptDPG

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2009, 07:41:49 AM »
what's the point of making a topic & then remove the video.

yh i know. so it seems snoop aint promoting this project

woof

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2009, 07:51:14 AM »
he got a point though Koch is fucking up this release just like what they did with slaughterhouse