Author Topic: DAZ & BIGG A SPEAK AGAIN ON LARA LAVI & DEATHROW RECORDS  (Read 2470 times)

EFFeX

Re: DAZ & BIGG A SPEAK AGAIN ON LARA LAVI & DEATHROW RECORDS
« Reply #45 on: September 10, 2009, 05:47:29 PM »
Finally got a chance to watch this interview. Very interesting stuff being said in this.

No matter how you feel about Wide Awake or even Daz for that matter, it's important to view BOTH sides of the story before blindly accepting something as fact.

woof

« Reply #46 on: September 10, 2009, 06:42:18 PM »
video is back

LMFAO Daz was funny as hell but they are right how can wideawake and koch only press 35,000 cds of an artist like snoop with material from his deathrow era??

Sir Petey

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ♛ bitch I'm flawless ♛
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2009, 07:32:17 PM »
Fuck DPG, fuck Snoop you are WACK to Date come back with youre old Flow from the Death Row Dayz Not that synth Pop shit you are independend no Big Record Label want you,i was a Big Fan of you and Snoop back in the Day but Not from the New shit.Lara makes à good Job for the Fans they want the orginal Music back thank you wideawake

before you enter an american westcoast forum again please learn how to spell & talk dog...... ;)

lmfao i though it was borat.

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #48 on: September 11, 2009, 12:47:42 PM »
Daz, when can we buy PUBLIC ENEMIES on CD????

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

JohnnyL

« Reply #49 on: September 11, 2009, 02:25:30 PM »
Finally got a chance to watch this interview. Very interesting stuff being said in this.

No matter how you feel about Wide Awake or even Daz for that matter, it's important to view BOTH sides of the story before blindly accepting something as fact.

Agreed.  But while I can understand that Daz feels pressing up 35,000 cds isn't nearly enough, he has to understand that if the cd doesn't sell well, E1 is stuck with 1000's of useless cds.  I can see both sides of the argument.  I seriously doubt E1 is going to set the limit of cds pressed at only 35,000 though.  They may press 35,000 initially and see how it sells before they press more.  And really, I don't see anything wrong with that.  This isn't the same thing as a new Snoop studio album.  And while the content of this album, is stuff that many of us on the forum have been waiting for for years, I don't think there's any way it will be a huge hit for the mainstream rap fans.  Daz has to realize that most of the tracks on here are probably between 15 and 16 years old.  While I prefer Snoop Dogg music from this era, I doubt the casual fan will have much interest.

ttpac

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #50 on: September 11, 2009, 06:56:22 PM »
Daz respects no one including the fans who help him put food on his table.  What gets me is that he disses people like Lara Levi yet he rides on their projects.  Wideawake buys Deathrow and plans releases...oh- in comes Daz forms Neu Ro and promises to release music from back in the day.  Didn't Daz downplay Wideawake's initiatives by claiming they have the old shit as he said? 

Does anyone remember when DeathRow wanted to release Crooked I...there was Daz, ready to ride on their coat tails by releasing his Crooked I material.  Let's not forget the Makaveli Dillinger screw job as well.  Daz, take this from a fan- you're definitely talented but you're your worst enemy and until you grow out of your adolescent years you'll never get taken seriously by anyone.  The only cd I have is when you were on DeathRow but like Kurupt once said "you don't do what you do no more"

rollindown101

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #51 on: September 11, 2009, 07:24:21 PM »
Daz respects no one including the fans who help him put food on his table.  What gets me is that he disses people like Lara Levi yet he rides on their projects.  Wideawake buys Deathrow and plans releases...oh- in comes Daz forms Neu Ro and promises to release music from back in the day.  Didn't Daz downplay Wideawake's initiatives by claiming they have the old shit as he said? 

Does anyone remember when DeathRow wanted to release Crooked I...there was Daz, ready to ride on their coat tails by releasing his Crooked I material.  Let's not forget the Makaveli Dillinger screw job as well.  Daz, take this from a fan- you're definitely talented but you're your worst enemy and until you grow out of your adolescent years you'll never get taken seriously by anyone.  The only cd I have is when you were on DeathRow but like Kurupt once said "you don't do what you do no more"

So you're speaking on behalf on all Daz fans and taking old Kurupt quotes from when they were beefing.. lol

Ron Winter came up with Neu Ro and Snoop & Daz signed on. Wideawake is messing up and they're letting them know and to holla at them when they're straight.

Leave the mastering to the experts and people who originally did it..

http://www.berniegrundmanmastering.com/engineers/grundman.html

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #52 on: September 11, 2009, 07:31:07 PM »
but bottomline sounds like daz is hatin
if they release these...he doesnt get any profit from it right, since he doesnt own his own publishin?
is that right?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

JohnnyL

« Reply #53 on: September 11, 2009, 07:39:44 PM »
if they release these...he doesnt get any profit from it right, since he doesnt own his own publishin?
is that right?

He still sees some money from any release that he is credited for writing or producing.  That's why I think all of this is sort of ridiculous.  He may not like the particulars of how these are being released, but he's going to get money that he otherwise would not have received, had these tracks stayed in the vault.  For instance, he will get paid for his guest appearances on The Chronic: Re-Lit and any appearances he may have on Snoop Doggy Dogg: The Lost Sessions
 This particular disagreement with Wideawake that Daz was speaking on, was a deal Lara Lavi offered him for promotion, vocals, and remixing.  Daz opinion was that Wideawake's offer was too low.  But regardless of that deal falling through, Daz will still get paid for every Death Row release that he was involved with creating.

love33

« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2009, 07:42:34 PM »
This is completely pointless, especially since if this Snoop Vault release sells poorly like Chronic Re-Lit, there's definitely not going to be a Daz release no matter how "timeless" the material is.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2009, 07:45:05 PM »
but wait hold up...how can he get paid if he doesnt own his publishin? seer was sayin somethin bout that..or do you mean gettin paid in another way besides his publishin that he didnt own back then?

SO IF I UNDERSTOOD SEER RIGHT, THEY RELEASE THIS AND ONLY PERSON THAT WILL GET PAID IS DR. DRE IF HIS WORK APPEARS TO BE SOLD...EVEN THO HE DIDNT APPROVE OF IT?
(SINCE DRE OWNED HIS RIGHTS)

is that right?

He still sees some money from any release that he is credited for writing or producing.  That's why I think all of this is sort of ridiculous.  He may not like the particulars of how these are being released, but he's going to get money that he otherwise would not have received, had these tracks stayed in the vault.  For instance, he will get paid for his guest appearances on The Chronic: Re-Lit and any appearances he may have on Snoop Doggy Dogg: The Lost Sessions
 This particular disagreement with Wideawake that Daz was speaking on, was a deal Lara Lavi offered him for promotion, vocals, and remixing.  Daz opinion was that Wideawake's offer was too low.  But regardless of that deal falling through, Daz will still get paid for every Death Row release that he was involved with creating.
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

ttpac

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #56 on: September 11, 2009, 07:50:24 PM »
is that right?

Good factual post, thanks for the info my friend!

Blasphemy

« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2009, 07:52:23 PM »
Daz is a moron, Every other inmate is a retard. There it needed to be said.

but I say I think all the former inmates just moved on. Dr. Dre may of found success but in the end it had the worse situation. hell for all the originals it ended in the worse way.

All the artist had problems, it was getting very bad, 2pac died, and Suge Knight's bussiness tactics were finally coming to light. Getting off Death Row was hard cause the contracts cost the artist huge money to buy it out, plus they never got full royalties. I think they don't give a shit who runs it. I think they are just done with it.''

Then the Second dynasty had their own problems. They had The Realest 2pac controversy, The fact None dropped do to Suge. The label going into a bankrupt state do to all the law suits, the feuds. Honestly only way I see them giving DR their blessing now is if Lara actually doesn't fuck em over.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 07:54:04 PM by Blasphemy »

JohnnyL

« Reply #58 on: September 11, 2009, 07:54:53 PM »
but wait hold up...how can he get paid if he doesnt own his publishin? seer was sayin somethin bout that..or do you mean gettin paid in another way besides his publishin that he didnt own back then?

SO IF I UNDERSTOOD SEER RIGHT, THEY RELEASE THIS AND ONLY PERSON THAT WILL GET PAID IS DR. DRE IF HIS WORK APPEARS TO BE SOLD...EVEN THO HE DIDNT APPROVE OF IT?
(SINCE DRE OWNED HIS RIGHTS)

is that right?

Okay.  I'm probably speaking out of my depth to a degree.  But I was under the impression that anyone who is credited in creating a song, receives some amount of monetary compensation.  Wouldn't that be considered Royalties?  Can someone clarify this? Lara Lavi has also mentioned on many occasions that Wideawake was going to great pains to make sure that all artist involved in these releases would be compensated (even the ones who were previously not justly compensated).  I guess to a degree I'm also assuming that Wideawake is doing what they said they were going to do.

jones5099

• 'G'
« Reply #59 on: September 11, 2009, 09:44:05 PM »
why the fuck is Daz always smoking in all of his internet statements?  How can anyone take him seriously?  it makes him sound retarded.  if i was a businessman, why would i want to do ANY business with someone who behaves like this??  bottom line, daz is a dumb ass.  he should be happy Wide Awake is reaching out to him to do any business, because they really don't need his permission at all to release his shit.

Daz wants to re-record his old shit and release it through "Neu Ro Records"? how retarded is that?  remember the Dogg Pound Gangsta LP?  is anybody still listening to "Bomb Ass Pussy 2005" or "Ambitionz az a Ridah 2005"?  Didn't think so...  nobody is going to want to listen to "Bomb Ass Pussy 2009" or "Ambitionz az a ridah 2009" either.  We'll just listen to the originals Daz, thanks though.