Author Topic: DAZ & BIGG A SPEAK AGAIN ON LARA LAVI & DEATHROW RECORDS  (Read 2469 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: DAZ & BIGG A SPEAK AGAIN ON LARA LAVI & DEATHROW RECORDS
« Reply #60 on: September 12, 2009, 12:32:04 AM »
Daz respects no one including the fans who help him put food on his table.  What gets me is that he disses people like Lara Levi yet he rides on their projects.  Wideawake buys Deathrow and plans releases...oh- in comes Daz forms Neu Ro and promises to release music from back in the day.  Didn't Daz downplay Wideawake's initiatives by claiming they have the old shit as he said? 

Does anyone remember when DeathRow wanted to release Crooked I...there was Daz, ready to ride on their coat tails by releasing his Crooked I material.  Let's not forget the Makaveli Dillinger screw job as well.  Daz, take this from a fan- you're definitely talented but you're your worst enemy and until you grow out of your adolescent years you'll never get taken seriously by anyone.  The only cd I have is when you were on DeathRow but like Kurupt once said "you don't do what you do no more"

So you're speaking on behalf on all Daz fans and taking old Kurupt quotes from when they were beefing.. lol

Ron Winter came up with Neu Ro and Snoop & Daz signed on. Wideawake is messing up and they're letting them know and to holla at them when they're straight.
how is Wideawake messing up, when there was miscommunication

UCC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: September 12, 2009, 09:19:45 AM »
but wait hold up...how can he get paid if he doesnt own his publishin? seer was sayin somethin bout that..or do you mean gettin paid in another way besides his publishin that he didnt own back then?

SO IF I UNDERSTOOD SEER RIGHT, THEY RELEASE THIS AND ONLY PERSON THAT WILL GET PAID IS DR. DRE IF HIS WORK APPEARS TO BE SOLD...EVEN THO HE DIDNT APPROVE OF IT?
(SINCE DRE OWNED HIS RIGHTS)

but bottomline sounds like daz is hatin
if they release these...he doesnt get any profit from it right, since he doesnt own his own publishin?
is that right?

He still sees some money from any release that he is credited for writing or producing.  That's why I think all of this is sort of ridiculous.  He may not like the particulars of how these are being released, but he's going to get money that he otherwise would not have received, had these tracks stayed in the vault.  For instance, he will get paid for his guest appearances on The Chronic: Re-Lit and any appearances he may have on Snoop Doggy Dogg: The Lost Sessions
 This particular disagreement with Wideawake that Daz was speaking on, was a deal Lara Lavi offered him for promotion, vocals, and remixing.  Daz opinion was that Wideawake's offer was too low.  But regardless of that deal falling through, Daz will still get paid for every Death Row release that he was involved with creating.

Okay.  I'm probably speaking out of my depth to a degree.  But I was under the impression that anyone who is credited in creating a song, receives some amount of monetary compensation.  Wouldn't that be considered Royalties?  Can someone clarify this? Lara Lavi has also mentioned on many occasions that Wideawake was going to great pains to make sure that all artist involved in these releases would be compensated (even the ones who were previously not justly compensated).  I guess to a degree I'm also assuming that Wideawake is doing what they said they were going to do.

He'll only get royalties on songs where he has publishing credit - the publishing credit on most Death Row material was just Dre and Suge.

If you look in the album credits, Dre's is "Ain't Nuthin' Goin' On But Fuckin" and Suge is "Suge Publishing", and I think later "Big Simon Says Publishing"

Daz has publishing on some stuff - Retaliation, Revenge, and Get Back, but I don't think any on the Chronic or Doggystyle

WideAwake now owns all of Suge's publishing, but Daz would only get royalties if they negotiate on how much he gets of that publishing.

RhyanG

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #62 on: September 12, 2009, 10:45:10 AM »
lmfao Daz runs this shit, he runs the west

JohnnyL

« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2009, 04:42:14 PM »
but wait hold up...how can he get paid if he doesnt own his publishin? seer was sayin somethin bout that..or do you mean gettin paid in another way besides his publishin that he didnt own back then?

SO IF I UNDERSTOOD SEER RIGHT, THEY RELEASE THIS AND ONLY PERSON THAT WILL GET PAID IS DR. DRE IF HIS WORK APPEARS TO BE SOLD...EVEN THO HE DIDNT APPROVE OF IT?
(SINCE DRE OWNED HIS RIGHTS)

but bottomline sounds like daz is hatin
if they release these...he doesnt get any profit from it right, since he doesnt own his own publishin?
is that right?

He still sees some money from any release that he is credited for writing or producing.  That's why I think all of this is sort of ridiculous.  He may not like the particulars of how these are being released, but he's going to get money that he otherwise would not have received, had these tracks stayed in the vault.  For instance, he will get paid for his guest appearances on The Chronic: Re-Lit and any appearances he may have on Snoop Doggy Dogg: The Lost Sessions
 This particular disagreement with Wideawake that Daz was speaking on, was a deal Lara Lavi offered him for promotion, vocals, and remixing.  Daz opinion was that Wideawake's offer was too low.  But regardless of that deal falling through, Daz will still get paid for every Death Row release that he was involved with creating.

Okay.  I'm probably speaking out of my depth to a degree.  But I was under the impression that anyone who is credited in creating a song, receives some amount of monetary compensation.  Wouldn't that be considered Royalties?  Can someone clarify this? Lara Lavi has also mentioned on many occasions that Wideawake was going to great pains to make sure that all artist involved in these releases would be compensated (even the ones who were previously not justly compensated).  I guess to a degree I'm also assuming that Wideawake is doing what they said they were going to do.

He'll only get royalties on songs where he has publishing credit - the publishing credit on most Death Row material was just Dre and Suge.

If you look in the album credits, Dre's is "Ain't Nuthin' Goin' On But Fuckin" and Suge is "Suge Publishing", and I think later "Big Simon Says Publishing"

Daz has publishing on some stuff - Retaliation, Revenge, and Get Back, but I don't think any on the Chronic or Doggystyle

WideAwake now owns all of Suge's publishing, but Daz would only get royalties if they negotiate on how much he gets of that publishing.

Interesting. So then was he compensated for his guest appearances on Chronic and Doggystyle?  In light of what you're saying, I'm guessing that his record deal was arranged so that he received payment for his vocals at the time the tracks were recorded.  That makes sense, really.  But I've heard several people saying that all the people involved in recording these albums would see some money from them, on these re-releases and unreleased projects.  From what you're saying though, it sounds as though only Dr. Dre and Wideawake will receive any money from Chronic: Re-Lit.  Unless there would be some other way all these other people would be getting paid, that we're not thinking of.

Jaydc555

« Reply #64 on: September 12, 2009, 04:46:52 PM »
Wideawake has no obligiation to pay any of the artists as they own all the publishing but Lavi has said she will be paying the artists so that she can heal the labels relationships with artists in hopes to ressuerect the label

JohnnyL

« Reply #65 on: September 12, 2009, 04:52:15 PM »
Wideawake has no obligiation to pay any of the artists as they own all the publishing but Lavi has said she will be paying the artists so that she can heal the labels relationships with artists in hopes to ressuerect the label

Yeah.  I know they don't need the other artist's permission to release anything.  And in that respect, I think Wideawake might be being too nice.  Especially in light of the fact that it doesn't seem like many of the artists are offering them any help with promotion and such.  I think if I were in charge at Wideawake, I'd just make a blanket statement that the door is always open for anyone who wants to help. But after that, I would just release whatever music I felt like releasing.

love33

« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2009, 12:47:03 AM »

Yep, I remember her saying that.  And if her releases sell 3000 like 'Chronic Re-Lit' AND she wants to willingly out of kindness pay the artist then she really will go broke.  I like the idea of her pressing up these albums and bringing them to the fans, but her best bet is to put the whole catalog online and make it 99 cent digital downloads and run commercials on VH1 and the radio and tell the fans you can download old Death Row songs for 99 cents online.  Pressing all these units up isn't worth the printer and is inefficient when they just sit on the shelves.

And LOL at Bigg A saying Daz charges 25k to 50k per beat and sticking his nose up to the 15k.  If she paid Daz 10 grand a week, or whatever he was asking for to do a few commercials and promos, wideawake would be in even worse debt.  Does Daz really think that if he gets on youtube or a tv commercial these releases are going to scan 100k sales instead of 3000? LOL.

Jaydc555

« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2009, 12:49:09 AM »
If daz charges 25 to 50k no wonder the guy hasnt made a beat for anyone in so many years.Not even snoop would pay 50 k for one of his generic ass beats.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2009, 05:11:18 PM »
daz is right though, 35k is a joke for that snoop album, and without the backing of these artists they are going to flop on all these albums
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

kuruptDPG

« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2009, 05:56:54 AM »
daz is right though, 35k is a joke for that snoop album, and without the backing of these artists they are going to flop on all these albums

big a making a point,sum1 is tellin wideawake that they aint gonna sell enough,hes saying keep promoting and he and daz will also if things get sorted.

yh i agree.they should press up more,get the artist to promote it too.advertise like mad on tv 24/7,have banners on motorways showing the prodcut and in music stores,show posters around in music stores
« Last Edit: September 14, 2009, 06:07:20 AM by kurupt4life »

love33

« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2009, 02:38:27 PM »

big a making a point,sum1 is tellin wideawake that they aint gonna sell enough,hes saying keep promoting and he and daz will also if things get sorted.

yh i agree.they should press up more,get the artist to promote it too.advertise like mad on tv 24/7,have banners on motorways showing the prodcut and in music stores,show posters around in music stores

I think you're missin the point homie.  Nobody in The South is looking for Death Row Records and they could care less if Daz sticks his face on there and tells people to buy it.  The South buys the most records and nobody even cares about Death Row there.  This thing is gonna scan 20k and most of the sales are going to come from the LA market.  Nobody is even looking for Death Row Records.  it would be a complete loss to pay Daz an outragous lump of cash to have him do a couple promos.  Daz and Bigg A are just looking out for themselves and trying to get money anyway they can.  Bigg A was saying to holler at RBX.  What in the world would RBX do to sell more albums...most people don't even know who he is.