Author Topic: Suga Foot's Top 5 Canadian Songs Of The Week!!!!!!  (Read 166 times)

Suga Foot

Suga Foot's Top 5 Canadian Songs Of The Week!!!!!!
« on: November 03, 2002, 04:33:24 PM »
Okay I haven't hit y'all off with any new Canadian Hip Hop news In a while, so I'll post a top 5 list of songs that I'm feeling the most right now.

1.  Swollen Members feat. Nelly Furtado "Breathe"
Procuced By Rob the Viking.  This song is really really really good.  I think it could really blow up when the video hits TV.  

2.  Kardinal Offishall feat. Bounty Killer  "Sick!"
Produced By Nottz.  It's a really cool beat.  I wasn't feeling this when I first heard it, but that beat just keeps me coming back to it.  

Listen Here: http://www.undergroundhiphop.com/audio/detail.asp?ID=7075

3.  Choclair f. Kurupt & Bruce Wayne "Skunk" (Dirty Swift Remix)
I like this one better than the OG version.

Listen Here: http://www.hiphopcanada.com/frontp/canada/choclair_-_Skunk_Featuring_Kurupt.ram

4. Checkmate feat Consice Royce the 5'9'' & Dj Revolution "R.A.W."
This song is dope dope dope.  It's currently getting a lot of play on underground radio shows and is creating quite the buzz in the underground.  This is the song where Royce does his verse from "Renegades" OG version.

5.  Rascalz "Movie Star"
The Beat was supposed to be used for Keith Murray's upcoming single but they used it first.  It's a really dope song.

Suga Foot

Re:Suga Foot's Top 5 Canadian Songs Of The Week!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2002, 05:12:08 PM »
Nobody Cares  :'(

Twentytwofifty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2002, 06:03:45 PM »
When I lost MuchMusic last year,  I lost my main source of Canadian hip-hop.  The radio in T.O. is shit.  I never listen to it.  

The Rascalz song is the only one I've heard of on that list.  

Suga Foot

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2002, 08:46:28 PM »
The Radio here is shitty too, but That's the best place to hear Canadian Hip Hop.  The Rascalz song is the only one that gets played on Much.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2002, 09:03:10 PM »
the swollen song with nelly f. is off the hook and i didn't know they were doing a video for it, that's dope...choclair- skunk, whatever version is on the video on much is sick, great beat and kurupt comes nice along with a strong performance by choc...movie star is awesome, if you haven't heard it, hear it...that's all i can say...i haven't heard the others...i'd like to hear that royce song, but i'm not much into kardinal and i can't stand bounty so i could care less if i hear that, peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

Suga Foot

« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2002, 09:04:55 PM »
I'm workin on gettin that royce song for y'all.

AlerG

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2002, 09:09:23 PM »
i enjoy lists like these as a fellow canadian  8) , peace.
Our music video which was featured in the motion picture Scary Movie 5 :

S.G.V.

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2002, 01:47:01 AM »
i think the og skunk was better..this beat sounds like that busta rhymes song...What It Is...i heard it and started goin..BUSTA..WHAT IT IS RIGHT NOW....oh and the swollen members track is tight

=[Euthanasia]=

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2002, 05:07:43 AM »
I've had the track "Breathe" for quite a while now, like that, heard the Choclair and Kurupt track but it was the original, i'll have to check out the remix sometime. The others I haven't heard but i'm looking forward to hearing "R.A.W." with Royce.

I think that if you take one of the 'O's' out of 'Good' it's 'God', if you add a 'D' to 'Evil' it's the 'Devil'. I think some cool motherfucker sat down a long time ago and said 'let's figure out a way to control motherfuckers'.