Author Topic: 50 Cent - Baby By Me [Premiers Tonight]  (Read 3169 times)

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
Re: 50 Cent - Baby By Me [Premiers Tonight]
« Reply #135 on: September 12, 2009, 10:16:33 PM »
Budden will always be slept on but his influence on the game isn't that great... technically speaking, from a lyrical perspective, he deserves it just like Game deserves to be recognized for his vocal abilities but beyond that i'm not so sure

i would say just based on all the great music he has dropped in the last decade & how it has gotten progressivly better (IMO), he easily deserves mention.
You are saying that because you are his #1 groupie, don't even deny it.  :laugh:
You basically named some rappers that had influence and then your favorite boy...

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #136 on: September 12, 2009, 10:30:54 PM »
I would put TI up there as well.Cant deny what the guy has done over the last while.One of those rare artists that seemed to get better as time went on.And paper trail was one of the best albums in a while I still bump it all the time

Ehhh.. His singles never really were that universal to me.  Although Live My Life definitely was.  He is still an acquired taste imo.

i'd say T.I. is a top artist of this decade, esspecially just speaking mainstream.

Wow really...

Beats Eminem, 50 Cent, Kanye?  Even Jay?

i meant he is one of them.

not better than the guys you just named, but he is probably in the top 10.

Budden will always be slept on but his influence on the game isn't that great... technically speaking, from a lyrical perspective, he deserves it just like Game deserves to be recognized for his vocal abilities but beyond that i'm not so sure

i would say just based on all the great music he has dropped in the last decade & how it has gotten progressivly better (IMO), he easily deserves mention.
You are saying that because you are his #1 groupie, don't even deny it.  :laugh:
You basically named some rappers that had influence and then your favorite boy...

seven real good albums in ten years.

seven albums of which you never heard, so i don't know how you can even make a valid opinion lol.

speaking in terms of the last decade, how much influence has Raekwon had in the last 10 years? not nearly as much as the rappers named in this thread (the Eminem's & the 50 Cent's), but i bet you're one of those people who would jump right on the bandwagon "OB4CL2 is hands down the album of the year so far".

influence means nothing in terms of skill, all the influence in rap today comes from rappers you people bitch about everyday on this forum; what a terrible argument you're trying to hold lol.

Jaydc555

« Reply #137 on: September 12, 2009, 11:08:10 PM »
Well TIs last album willl have bigger sales then Blueprint 3s.I dont think a guy who gets constant radio play and has albums that debut with over 500,000 sold first week can be defined as an aquired taste.

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #138 on: September 12, 2009, 11:38:33 PM »
I would put TI up there as well.Cant deny what the guy has done over the last while.One of those rare artists that seemed to get better as time went on.And paper trail was one of the best albums in a while I still bump it all the time

Ehhh.. His singles never really were that universal to me.  Although Live My Life definitely was.  He is still an acquired taste imo.

i'd say T.I. is a top artist of this decade, esspecially just speaking mainstream.

Wow really...

Props.

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #139 on: September 13, 2009, 02:41:32 AM »

Wow really...

You are saying that because you are his #1 groupie, don't even deny it.  :laugh:
seven albums of which you never heard, so i don't know how you can even make a valid opinion lol.

speaking in terms of the last decade, how much influence has Raekwon had in the last 10 years? not nearly as much as the rappers named in this thread (the Eminem's & the 50 Cent's), but i bet you're one of those people who would jump right on the bandwagon "OB4CL2 is hands down the album of the year so far".

influence means nothing in terms of skill, all the influence in rap today comes from rappers you people bitch about everyday on this forum; what a terrible argument you're trying to hold lol.
How can you assume that I never heard them? 2 of the projects don't really bother to listen because of the crappy mixing but I have listened to the mood muzik cd's also besides halfway, padded room & self titled.
And what the fuck has Raekwon got to do with this, who said anything about The Chef? And yes, it was a very good album, you trying to deny it?

You act like I'm some kind of a hater even though you are obviously the one attacking me with stupid claims and getting all butthurt. It's ok to defend your opinions but you always defend Joe with 30 replys to some other person...you telling me that it aint overreacting and acting like a groupie?

MediumL

« Reply #140 on: September 13, 2009, 03:39:15 PM »
ima say this. wait till lunatic hears you discussing whether TIs a big name artist or not. Lol

Worldwide Em, 50 and Kanye are the biggest this decade. If outkast were performing and releasing more stuff theyd be up there. Nelly probably was at the start of the decade but fell off. TI, Wayne, Luda and even Jay werent HUGE internationally compared Kanye etc.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #141 on: September 13, 2009, 04:26:17 PM »

Wow really...

How can you assume that I never heard them? 2 of the projects don't really bother to listen because of the crappy mixing but I have listened to the mood muzik cd's also besides halfway, padded room & self titled.
And what the fuck has Raekwon got to do with this, who said anything about The Chef? And yes, it was a very good album, you trying to deny it?

You act like I'm some kind of a hater even though you are obviously the one attacking me with stupid claims and getting all butthurt. It's ok to defend your opinions but you always defend Joe with 30 replys to some other person...you telling me that it aint overreacting and acting like a groupie?

no, Rae's album was awesome & i would go out on a limb & say that you believe it's a top album of the year, if not album of the year.

but what kind of influence does Raekwon supply in 2009? he hasn't been influencial since 1997 lol.

point being, it doesn't have to do with making good music, they're irrelevant.

i WOULDN'T say OB4CL2 is any less of a great album than it is because it holds no "influence" to this generation. (i only mentioned OB4CL2 because i believe it is one of the best albums of the year, i used one of the best albums to prove my point it doesn't affect to overall goodness or badness of the music)

all you guys do is bitch that Joe Budden isn't relevant, non-influencial & doesn't sell & those are the reasons he is "bad".

Joe & Raekwon are in the same boat in 2009, in terms of influence; but Joey isn't good because he isn't influencial? & you're going to front like Raekwon is?

some of your guy's logic make no sense.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #142 on: September 13, 2009, 04:34:57 PM »
Fifs spitting is on point on this track, and the sample sounds dope. Beat sounds like an improved version of "Everyday In The Streets". Ne-Yo does his thing, hopefully this track should do well, and we'll get to see BISD sooner rather than later!

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #143 on: September 13, 2009, 04:55:54 PM »

Wow really...

no, Rae's album was awesome & i would go out on a limb & say that you believe it's a top album of the year, if not album of the year.

but what kind of influence does Raekwon supply in 2009? he hasn't been influencial since 1997 lol.

point being, it doesn't have to do with making good music, they're irrelevant.

i WOULDN'T say OB4CL2 is any less of a great album than it is because it holds no "influence" to this generation. (i only mentioned OB4CL2 because i believe it is one of the best albums of the year, i used one of the best albums to prove my point it doesn't affect to overall goodness or badness of the music)

all you guys do is bitch that Joe Budden isn't relevant, non-influencial & doesn't sell & those are the reasons he is "bad".

Joe & Raekwon are in the same boat in 2009, in terms of influence; but Joey isn't good because he isn't influencial? & you're going to front like Raekwon is?

some of your guy's logic make no sense.

When someone generally speaks of influence they don't limit it to the one single year.   If you look at influence you're talking about the width of their career and it remains that Raekown has had a bigger influence on the game than Joe Budden has.   Joey B due to both his own actions and others never got a chance to properly shine on a mainstream level.  I'm sure if he had released the growth it would have been a game denter but it didn't happen so it's all speculation.

And, I agree with you message that influence doesn't translate into skill.  I also agree with you that joey b is the better artist of the two.

fif better be on some They Burn Me shit for this album.  I want to hear him self destructing and tracks like this don't hint at him being passionate or his new favorite word "aggressive"
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #144 on: September 13, 2009, 05:16:59 PM »
^yeah, with a dark album name like "Before I Self Destruct", i don't want to hear about him tearing it up at the club. :-X

The-Leak (aka) kingwell (bka) JULES

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • ~TWITTER.COM/ITZJULES
« Reply #145 on: September 13, 2009, 10:01:49 PM »
Now when 50 makes the same old single with that stale ass formula people hate.

Now when he's revamped his sound to be more modern, and worked with other artists/producers to make a diff sound single than "the formula", people are hating...

I like this song.  It shows that 50 is versatile in his ability to work with different musicians and stay up-to-date with the rest of the industry.

If I heard another "Okay you're right" "i get it in" ("get up" was dope, i'll cosign that) I was gonna go insane.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #146 on: September 13, 2009, 10:20:00 PM »

Now when he's revamped his sound to be more modern, and worked with other artists/producers to make a diff sound single than "the formula", people are hating...

I like this song.  It shows that 50 is versatile in his ability to work with different musicians and stay up-to-date with the rest of the industry.

If I heard another "Okay you're right" "i get it in" ("get up" was dope, i'll cosign that) I was gonna go insane.

I didn't hate on most of his recent material nor do I hate on Curtis.  I have issues with his recent material and some of it I don't like because it borders corny.

Okay, You're Right could have been much doper if he had written more in line with the title of the song - i.e a diss track towards his fans and people's expectations of him.   

I don't expect 50 to play to the industry fads. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #147 on: September 13, 2009, 11:44:32 PM »

lol at sticking up for 50

Jaydc555

« Reply #148 on: September 14, 2009, 12:07:09 AM »

lol at knowing more about dre then his wife

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #149 on: September 14, 2009, 01:00:19 AM »

Is he wrong though? It was only this time 2 years ago 50 had a smash with "Ayo Technology" and people were hating on that when it dropped, but look what that achieved. If It track is pushed right it could do well, Fif knew his formula wasn't working so he tried to revamp his sound, it's not what I want to hear necessarily but if it gets the job done and gets his album out I'm happy with that. His fflows on point on the joint too