Author Topic: DOGGYSTYLE CDQ!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 2988 times)

MediumL

Re: DOGGYSTYLE CDQ!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2009, 01:29:05 PM »
damn Seeing as Dre was rushed into producing the second half of the album its pretty amazing he was able to create an album with leftovers like this.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Sriram619

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2009, 01:59:56 PM »
damn the lost sessions is going to be some dope early death row/doggystyle days stuff... i always like the sound of this track and cant wair to hear the propely mastered version on the lost sessions... Damn i wonder how many death row tracks wideawake acquired ?

CaliKorleone

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2009, 02:50:38 PM »
Why Doggystyle has ended as a left-over instead of being quite dope track on "Doggystyle" album? What's the story?

same question for G'Z UP HOES DOWN and THE NEXT EPISODE

I thought I remembered hearing that all three had sample clearance issues.  Does anyone know, is that correct?  Or was there some other reason for their omission?  "G'Z Up, Hoes Down" at least got a limited release on the first pressing of Doggystyle and has since been re-released on the 15 Years on Death Row compilation.  And we're finally getting a CDQ version of the track, "Doggystyle."  But we've never gotten a good version of "The Next Episode."

G'z up and Doggystyle had sample clearance issues.  The Next Episode was pulled because Dre couldn't have any vocals on Snoops albume due to his contract.
Welcome to the land of the killas, gangsta, hustlas, playas
Westcoast, The real life San Andreas
The real niggaz, jack suckas, fuck the haters
We got bitches, chronic, Lakers, Raiders

k1000

« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2009, 03:10:39 PM »
where have u heard/read such a thing. I mean Dre can be heard on the Rage Intro ("Yeah, and ya don't stop/quit"). Maybe doesn't this count as vocals  ???.

JohnnyL

« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2009, 03:23:59 PM »
Why Doggystyle has ended as a left-over instead of being quite dope track on "Doggystyle" album? What's the story?

I thought I remembered hearing that all three had sample clearance issues.  Does anyone know, is that correct?  Or was there some other reason for their omission?  "G'Z Up, Hoes Down" at least got a limited release on the first pressing of Doggystyle and has since been re-released on the 15 Years on Death Row compilation.  And we're finally getting a CDQ version of the track, "Doggystyle."  But we've never gotten a good version of "The Next Episode."

G'z up and Doggystyle had sample clearance issues.  The Next Episode was pulled because Dre couldn't have any vocals on Snoops albume due to his contract.

That's interesting.  Do you know why Dre's contract was set up that way.  It seems strange, since Snoop was all over "The Chronic."
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 03:26:33 PM by JohnnyL »

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2009, 03:36:44 PM »
g.litt gave me this in cdq in 2001 when she ran snoopsdogghouse.com

good for you douche bag.  Thanks for sharing.  I hope you had fun circle jerking with your 4 other friends who had the song.  Fucking losers.
RhyanD is Clint Dogg

Blasphemy

« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2009, 04:32:01 PM »

I thought I remembered hearing that all three had sample clearance issues.  Does anyone know, is that correct?  Or was there some other reason for their omission?  "G'Z Up, Hoes Down" at least got a limited release on the first pressing of Doggystyle and has since been re-released on the 15 Years on Death Row compilation.  And we're finally getting a CDQ version of the track, "Doggystyle."  But we've never gotten a good version of "The Next Episode."

G'z up and Doggystyle had sample clearance issues.  The Next Episode was pulled because Dre couldn't have any vocals on Snoops albume due to his contract.

That's interesting.  Do you know why Dre's contract was set up that way.  It seems strange, since Snoop was all over "The Chronic."

He's is wrong. The original Doggystyle had 1 sample clearance issue for the track "Next Episode". The Doggystyle track was a real left over, as such it never really was suppose to be apart of it. The re-issue came but Next Episode COULDN'T be put on Not only for the samplin issue, but also cause Dr. Dre had negated Death Row from dropping any tracks with his vocals. As such it wouldn't be on the rereleease.

Gz up Hoes down, for the rerelease had its own sampling issue. On the original it was cleared.

Doggystyle was a session that was just a left over, that was never put apart of the Original track listening I think.

charles4474

« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2009, 05:03:12 PM »
props.....

JulesWinfield

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2009, 05:27:25 PM »
If G'z Up Hoes Down was cleared then why was it taken off of the second pressing of Doggystyle?  Not the remastered version but original's second pressing.  My copy has it but my wife's doesn't and her copy isn't remastered.  She bought it some time in 1994.  I got mine on the release date.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2009, 05:37:26 PM »
"G'z Up" was removed because of issues with clearing the Issac Hayes sample. It was pulled from the subsequent pressings of the album. I'm pretty sure that "Next Episode" was taken off because Dre made the creative decision to only be involved as a producer and not guest rap. He wanted to play more of a background role.

Efrain

« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2009, 05:46:33 PM »

He's is wrong. The original Doggystyle had 1 sample clearance issue for the track "Next Episode". The Doggystyle track was a real left over, as such it never really was suppose to be apart of it. The re-issue came but Next Episode COULDN'T be put on Not only for the samplin issue, but also cause Dr. Dre had negated Death Row from dropping any tracks with his vocals. As such it wouldn't be on the rereleease.

Gz up Hoes down, for the rerelease had its own sampling issue. On the original it was cleared.

Doggystyle was a session that was just a left over, that was never put apart of the Original track listening I think.

I'm pretty sure everything you just said is factually inaccurate.

ttpac

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2009, 06:35:03 PM »
Have to agree with everyone...the track is simply awesome!  Imagine, the Doggystyle album was incredibly well done but can you imagine how the whole cd would have been had there been Next Episode OG, Gz Up, Smoke On, and of course Doggystyle.  Then again, next month we'll get to hear a full cd of unreleased Snoop when he was truly at his best so let's sit tight, roll it up, and take a long nice hit of the shit as we're getting the shit with the upcoming releases from Wideawake. 

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2009, 07:34:17 PM »
"smoke on" by snoop doesnt sound like dre production.
sounds like it was made in like 94, just after doggystyle, produced by maybe daz and soopafly.
i could be wrong tho
« Last Edit: September 11, 2009, 07:36:56 PM by ironmike »

No Compute

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2009, 07:43:57 PM »
Is George Clinton on this track or what?

It sounds to me like a pretty good imitator to me but not the man himself.

Blasphemy

« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2009, 07:48:17 PM »

I'm pretty sure everything you just said is factually inaccurate.

I'm pretty sure you don't know shit.