Author Topic: Pops is gone  (Read 632 times)

.:DaYg0sTyLz:.

Pops is gone
« on: September 11, 2009, 01:17:31 PM »
First two verses and chorus of a track I wrote a while back. Still needs a female to sing the chorus. Actually had the beat made for the song, but i lost that shit lol  Let me know whatcha think.

(verse1)
Just yesterday, I heard that pops passed away
Even if I was religious man, Id be the last to pray
I aint sad today, damn its sad to say
You finally cleaned up yah act, but just a tad too late
Never even got to see yah little boy become a man
Too busy in the streets, sellin dope n runnin scams
You had plenty of chances to try and keep in touch
But to pick up the phone, would just be to much
Did I see you? Fuck...naw, u was see through, phony
Invisible to me, but I believed you, homie
When yah said that yah loved me, and u said that yah cared
You wasnt proud to be a father, instead u was scared
Couldnt be a real man, so yah fled yah fears
You disappeared, and made yah message clear
So when I heard the news, you think I shed a tear?
Hell naw, in my heart you been dead for years

(Chorus)
Sometimes in yah life u have to sacrifice
Open yah eyes and do whats right
Even if, you can hardly stand
Youve got step up and be a man

From time to time I know that life gets rough
And yah feel as though youve had enough
That doesnt mean that you turn yah back
On the ones, that need yah love

(verse2)
Sometimes in yah life you have to sacrifice
Open up yah eyes, and do whats right
Or its yo, loved ones that will pay the price
Aint got to say it twice, cus when yah death was handed
You still just the punkass that left me stranded
What good did yah do? Whos gonna save yah soul fool
Used to play it so cool, u would say yah so true
Everyday I hoped you, would start to pay yah own dues
But in the end, it was moms who had to play yah role too
A woman on her own, bein a mother and a father
Like Shaq, My Biological Didnt Bother...either
See theres...no method to the madness
Baby boy full of joy, and you swept him into sadness
Let him see who dad is, then left him as a bastard
But congratulations G, dont take me wrong
Look how yah motivated me, homie play that song!
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
Re: Pops is gone
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 04:47:43 PM »
That was good son. Some heartfelt ish.

That's crazy right there.

Nice.

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2009, 05:34:04 PM »
That was good son. Some heartfelt ish.

That's crazy right there.

Nice.

thanks for the feedback man, props +1
"...and these niggas gettin tattoo tears...industry Bloods that show fear, when the authentics are near"

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2009, 07:50:20 PM »
Likewise!

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2009, 08:04:31 PM »
damn that was dope
im assumin that was all true?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2009, 08:23:27 PM »
damn that was dope

Thanks man. Yeah, it gets deeper then that shit lol but u get the idea...

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2009, 08:29:12 PM »
yeah i feel what your sayin...i went thru similiar situations so i mos def feel you
but i know this...i moved outta my fams place cuz they didnt approve of the decision i made and it changed alotta family members....even towards me and i was suprised what my dad and cuzzin did to me but i guess it happens
but at the end of the day i know if i die...i tried to make it in this world on my own with no parents....nuthin...
ive been homeless....been thru it all and somehow im still slidin along, and i would hate myself if i did make it in this world with someone else's help, EITHER I MAKE IT ON MY OWN OR NOT AT ALL
KEEP YA HEAD UP DAYGO

damn that was dope

damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2009, 08:57:57 PM »
yeah i feel what your sayin...i went thru similiar situations so i mos def feel you
but i know this...i moved outta my fams place cuz they didnt approve of the decision i made and it changed alotta family members....even towards me and i was suprised what my dad and cuzzin did to me but i guess it happens
but at the end of the day i know if i die...i tried to make it in this world on my own with no parents....nuthin...
ive been homeless....been thru it all and somehow im still slidin along, and i would hate myself if i did make it in this world with someone else's help, EITHER I MAKE IT ON MY OWN OR NOT AT ALL
KEEP YA HEAD UP DAYGO

damn that was dope

Yeah I got u man. Im lucky, at least moms was cool. Pops was just fucked up. That muthafucka was high 90% of the time I was around him. Shit, i remember bein 8 yrs old and findin crack on him. Then homie got wrapped up in this murder case down here, and eventually skipped town up to WA.  Dude was just bullshit is all.  But I aint mad at him. This aint no "im a tough guy that dont give a fuck" typa shit, but to be real when homie died I aint feel shit. No tears, no pain, no nothing. Like a strait up stranger died. But at least I learned how not to be a father, so I can take care of my lil girl like Im supposed to you know? So its all good  ;)

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2009, 09:06:24 PM »
yeah i know what you sayin...dont mean to take your thread but i seen you speakin on some real shit and i thought id reach out and give you props for stayin in there real talk, cuz ive been there
i mean i was sent away at the young age of 2 to this side of the world from europe and ive been pretty much around the world due to havin bitchmade divorced parents
crazy thing is my dad had 4 major brain seizures and i was the one who saved him years ago, i wish i could take that back and not have saved him cuz of the crazy shit hes done to me, which i still cant believe myself
but even to this day i know him and my fam need my help but i told them once before i left
IF I LEAVE TODAY, CAN I COME BACK?
HE SAID NO AS OTHERS LOOKED ON RIGHT BESIDE HIM
I HAVENT GON BACK SINCE, AND I NEVER WILL

problem is he chose money over me and thats somethin i dont/wont do but he chose to but later regreted
again dont mean to take your thread but jus sharin some crazy things that have happened to me, altho you seem more easy on your fam but i dont play games and he already knows when i see him its war (SON VS FATHER AND SON VS FAMILY WAR) they dont want to confront me cuz they know i was right in what i did

KEEP YA HEAD UP DAYGO

damn that was dope

Yeah I got u man. Im lucky, at least moms was cool. Pops was just fucked up. That muthafucka was high 90% of the time I was around him. Shit, i remember bein 8 yrs old and findin crack on him. Then homie got wrapped up in this murder case down here, and eventually skipped town up to WA.  Dude was just bullshit is all.  But I aint mad at him. This aint no "im a tough guy that dont give a fuck" typa shit, but to be real when homie died I aint feel shit. No tears, no pain, no nothing. Like a strait up stranger died. But at least I learned how not to be a father, so I can take care of my lil girl like Im supposed to you know? So its all good  ;)
Cube

« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2009, 09:14:37 PM »
yeah i know what you sayin...dont mean to take your thread but i seen you speakin on some real shit and i thought id reach out and give you props for stayin in there real talk, cuz ive been there
i mean i was sent away at the young age of 2 to this side of the world from europe and ive been pretty much around the world due to havin bitchmade divorced parents
crazy thing is my dad had 4 major brain seizures and i was the one who saved him years ago, i wish i could take that back and not have saved him cuz of the crazy shit hes done to me, which i still cant believe myself
but even to this day i know him and my fam need my help but i told them once before i left
IF I LEAVE TODAY, CAN I COME BACK?
HE SAID NO AS OTHERS LOOKED ON RIGHT BESIDE HIM
I HAVENT GON BACK SINCE, AND I NEVER WILL

problem is he chose money over me and thats somethin i dont/wont do but he chose to but later regreted
again dont mean to take your thread but jus sharin some crazy things that have happened to me, altho you seem more easy on your fam but i dont play games and he already knows when i see him its war (SON VS FATHER AND SON VS FAMILY WAR) they dont want to confront me cuz they know i was right in what i did

KEEP YA HEAD UP DAYGO

damn that was dope

Yeah, i think the reason I dont hate dude is cus I realise that Im a better man for him NOT bein around. Shit, I got caught up in some bullshit when I was a little younger...but who doesnt?  But if he woulda been around more then he was, who knows if Id even be here right now yah know?  So him skippin out how he did was a good thing in the end.  I wadnt mad at him, but also didnt give a fuck when he died.  Thats the life he chose, his loss not mine u know what im sayin?  Anyways, i'll tell u this man.  Its hard to move forward with yourself if u continue to have hate in your heart yah know?  I dont hate shit nowadays. That hate controls u.  I couldnt change the past with that fool, if I woulda hated him I woulda been allowin him to effect my present and my future also.  So I just let that shit go and be what it was.  You should do the same homie. Leave that shit in the past and work on your future.  Anyways, this shit is gettin too serious for keystyle lol.  Good lookin out tho homie.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2009, 09:17:58 PM »
thats waz up
Cube

IslamInevitable

• 'G'
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2009, 06:39:15 AM »
Ill flow & lyrics.... And the message deep... That's tru hip hop
"In a ball of confusion.... shoulda never had me" - Tupac

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2009, 10:54:31 AM »

Thanks for the feedback man.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2009, 01:31:51 PM »
Exactly, when shit is real, it's real. Daygo's on somethang good.

LAXCENTRAL

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2009, 11:41:06 PM »
its not mcdonalds but im lovin it... 8)