Author Topic: NO new dre material!?  (Read 1121 times)

SoCo

• 'G'
NO new dre material!?
« on: September 14, 2009, 05:47:05 PM »
From Death Row's Twitter: we CANNOT use unreleased Dr. Dre verses. That song was reviewed and contains Dre there for cant be used.

Does this mean: no

California Love (solo version)
Mr. Officer (Dre version)
Chronic 2
or anything that was recorded for Helter Skelter

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
Re: NO new dre material!?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2009, 06:28:24 PM »
that sucks... dre should just let them release it...  :(

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2009, 06:37:51 PM »
But like I said...this is the digital era...they could just leak "The Next Episode (OG)" online.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 06:42:58 PM »
in this new dre interview
he says he dont even listen 2 his old material
thats only money for him he said
he says also something like after a song/cd gets released
he dont listen no more
wich suck balls cause so he dont know what kind of cool and tight stuff
he got in the vaults
so we get all the songs only after his death like pac/biggie/beatles/micheal jackson

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 06:45:01 PM »
If they can't release it, Why tell us about it?
Kinda doing the same shit to us, Dre is doing to them.

Just fucken leak them & take the "L" or STFU about it.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2009, 06:58:37 PM »
its Dre's fault

i wont buy detox if he wont let them release it....Oh wait Detox is never coming out
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2009, 07:28:42 PM »
For the millionth time, WideAwake can't "just leak" the tracks, because that is a violation of federal copyright law.  Get over it.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

EFFeX

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 08:06:54 PM »
If they can't release it, Why tell us about it?
Kinda doing the same shit to us, Dre is doing to them.

Just fucken leak them & take the "L" or STFU about it.

I think they only addressed it because fans have been asking a lot.

We all knew these unreleased songs existed in the first place.

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 09:18:10 PM »
For the millionth time, WideAwake can't "just leak" the tracks, because that is a violation of federal copyright law.  Get over it.

i was just gona deliver the same msg.

love the name lol
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

Jimmy H.

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 09:55:46 PM »
Not to mention that they are a business and if there is no profit being made off it, it makes no sense for them to do it. They are looking at it right now like, "Maybe, we can work something out with Dre down the road." If they leak his music, it burns that bridge, and they esentially give out tracks that are worth money to them for free. As much as we all love to romantice the idea of Wideawake being "so much for the fans that they'd risk losing profit just to let us have some Dre tracks for free", it's really not gonna happen.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 10:03:29 PM »

How? Theres NO proof that it came from them.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 07:16:34 AM »
For the millionth time, WideAwake can't "just leak" the tracks, because that is a violation of federal copyright law.  Get over it.

Don't be rediculous.  Dre owns the publishing, and if it "accidentally" leaks to the Internet in CDQ (the original masters that WideAwake now has physical ownership and possession of), he can file a cause of action against WideAwake for violating publishing (think of it like a violation of his intellectual property rights as the copyright holder).  The court will accept the cause of action as legitimate and substantial, because there is a case there that somebody illegally released Dre's copyrighted music.  That means WideAwake enters into litigation in a case of "(Andre) Young vs. WideAwake Entertainment" to determine if WideAwake was the infringing party.  And, yes, they would be litigated against, because they are the most obvious infringer.  And what that basically entails is lawyer fees and the hassle of bad publicity and distraction...all for what?  What does WideAwake get out of it?  NOTHING.  Some altruistic good deed presented to the fans as a tradeoff for entering into a lawsuit with Dr. Dre...puhleezee, use your brain.  Everybody stop this nonsense.  We will never hear The Next Episode.  ::) ::) ::)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 07:18:19 AM by Detox Is A Myth!!! »
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Blasphemy

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2009, 08:09:15 AM »
Only way willl hear Dre material is if WIDEawake patches up things with dre with checks and money lol. Or if Dr. Dre dies.

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2009, 11:27:26 AM »
Only way willl hear Dre material is if WIDEawake patches up things with dre with checks and money lol. Or if Dr. Dre dies.

Seems that way. Too bad.

What I'm tripping on is how Dre sees his old music as just past sales figures and shit. Does he really not value those songs anymore? No affection for your past work or anything? SMH.

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2009, 02:11:23 PM »
For the millionth time, WideAwake can't "just leak" the tracks, because that is a violation of federal copyright law.  Get over it.

Don't be rediculous.  Dre owns the publishing, and if it "accidentally" leaks to the Internet in CDQ (the original masters that WideAwake now has physical ownership and possession of), he can file a cause of action against WideAwake for violating publishing (think of it like a violation of his intellectual property rights as the copyright holder).  The court will accept the cause of action as legitimate and substantial, because there is a case there that somebody illegally released Dre's copyrighted music.  That means WideAwake enters into litigation in a case of "(Andre) Young vs. WideAwake Entertainment" to determine if WideAwake was the infringing party.  And, yes, they would be litigated against, because they are the most obvious infringer.  And what that basically entails is lawyer fees and the hassle of bad publicity and distraction...all for what?  What does WideAwake get out of it?  NOTHING.  Some altruistic good deed presented to the fans as a tradeoff for entering into a lawsuit with Dr. Dre...puhleezee, use your brain.  Everybody stop this nonsense.  We will never hear The Next Episode.  ::) ::) ::)

I highly doubt Dre would go through all that for a unreleased song from 1993 that made no profit.