Author Topic: NO new dre material!?  (Read 1124 times)

J.D. Wykid, Esq.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Id rather be rich n unhappy than poor n miserable
Re: NO new dre material!?
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2009, 02:18:35 PM »
they should just give it away for free when you buy another cd or work something out with dre. 

'Oh I can't see him, I can't see God', YA'LL CAN'T SEE FUCKIN' AIR NEITHER!
Quote from: QuietTruth
Prove to me the wind. Show me the wind man. I want proof of that shit. Cuz I don't see it.

sweetdudejim

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2009, 03:41:51 PM »
From Death Row's Twitter: we CANNOT use unreleased Dr. Dre verses. That song was reviewed and contains Dre there for cant be used.

Does this mean: no

California Love (solo version)
Mr. Officer (Dre version)
Chronic 2
or anything that was recorded for Helter Skelter

Honestly, the only Dre stuff we would get if WideAwake reached a deal with him (I think) would be:
-Chronic outtakes
-Helter Skelter material
-"Tha Next Episode" ('93 version)
-Whatever else was turned into Death Row in from ’92 to ‘96 that had his vocals on it

I know everybody wants Chronic II stuff, but the thing is, I’m pretty sure he recorded these at home (like “California Love” and whatnot) and unless he turned any of them in to Death Row, I doubt they even have those in their vault. Those songs are probably residing in the same vault as the shelved material for Detox.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 03:43:34 PM by sweetdudejim »

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Detox is the biggest marketing deception on Earth
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2009, 04:42:38 PM »
For the millionth time, WideAwake can't "just leak" the tracks, because that is a violation of federal copyright law.  Get over it.

How? Theres NO proof that it came from them.

Don't be rediculous.  Dre owns the publishing, and if it "accidentally" leaks to the Internet in CDQ (the original masters that WideAwake now has physical ownership and possession of), he can file a cause of action against WideAwake for violating publishing (think of it like a violation of his intellectual property rights as the copyright holder).  The court will accept the cause of action as legitimate and substantial, because there is a case there that somebody illegally released Dre's copyrighted music.  That means WideAwake enters into litigation in a case of "(Andre) Young vs. WideAwake Entertainment" to determine if WideAwake was the infringing party.  And, yes, they would be litigated against, because they are the most obvious infringer.  And what that basically entails is lawyer fees and the hassle of bad publicity and distraction...all for what?  What does WideAwake get out of it?  NOTHING.  Some altruistic good deed presented to the fans as a tradeoff for entering into a lawsuit with Dr. Dre...puhleezee, use your brain.  Everybody stop this nonsense.  We will never hear The Next Episode.  ::) ::) ::)

I highly doubt Dre would go through all that for a unreleased song from 1993 that made no profit.

It would be a civil suit.  He wouldn't have to do much.  The better conclusion is, "I highly doubt WideAwake would go through all that to release a song from 1993 that they would make no profit from and in fact would have to litigate against their actions and fend off bad publicity, and further alienate their artists that they're trying to reach out to, and have to pay legal fees, and continue to diminish their corporate assets, etc."  ::) ::) ::)
« Last Edit: September 15, 2009, 04:47:42 PM by Detox Is A Myth!!! »
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2009, 09:23:01 PM »
It would be a civil suit.  He wouldn't have to do much.  The better conclusion is, "I highly doubt WideAwake would go through all that to release a song from 1993 that they would make no profit from and in fact would have to litigate against their actions and fend off bad publicity, and further alienate their artists that they're trying to reach out to, and have to pay legal fees, and continue to diminish their corporate assets, etc."  ::) ::) ::)
Exatly. He wouldn't even have to be involved. You think Vince McMahon deals with every case of intellectual property infringmenet that the WWE is involved in or Jimmy Iovine with Interscope. They have legal teams for such a thing. And it would be worth it for them to deal with it because in allowing this kind of thing to slide, that would encourage people to further leak his newer material from projects like Detox. When you're dealing with Junior High kids, the "let me have this just one thing" deal might work but it doesn't quite work that way with multi-million-dollar businesses. People should relax and see what happens.

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2009, 09:30:46 PM »
but if someone has em out there...cant they leak em, and if that happens dre cant do nuthin right? or anyone cant do anytin if they are a LEAK?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2009, 10:50:14 PM »
Not true. Remember that single mother from wherever who got sued by the RIAA for like a half million dollars for downloading some songs. People have this misconception that just because you're not physically selling something, it's not copyright infringement. Not every case is detailed for the world to see and some situations take higher presidence than others. Sometimes, people get away with leaking music because it helps promotion. In the case of Wideawake, they have nothing to gain from leaking unreleased Dr. Dre songs to the public and they'd run a pretty decent risk of getting sued for it.

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2009, 06:37:02 AM »
Not true. Remember that single mother from wherever who got sued by the RIAA for like a half million dollars for downloading some songs. People have this misconception that just because you're not physically selling something, it's not copyright infringement. Not every case is detailed for the world to see and some situations take higher presidence than others. Sometimes, people get away with leaking music because it helps promotion. In the case of Wideawake, they have nothing to gain from leaking unreleased Dr. Dre songs to the public and they'd run a pretty decent risk of getting sued for it.

Yep.  And in reality a case like "Young vs. WideAwake" would reach a settlement before even entering into litigation.  People don't really know how the legal system works, nor how civil cases such as these tend to be resolved.

I will have my paralegal certification in a few months, so just trust me, I know what the setbacks are that WideAwake is facing.  People just need to realize that they will not hear The Next Episode until 1) WideAwake pays Snoop his royalties from The Lost Sessions and Dre sees it and begins to trust WideAwake enough to give permission to release his verses OR 2) He dies, and his estate gives permission for unreleased material to be released.

Other than that, people need to stop living in this fantasy world, blaming WideAwake for not illegally releasing music  ::)  FACT: If Dre still owned Death Row, I GUARANTEE we would not be hearing Smoke On or Doggystyle (the song) or any of his other unreleased productions, let alone The Next Episode.  People need to keep it moving and just appreciate that we're finally getting some unreleased Dre production from the Death Row era.  Stop looking a gift horse in the mouth.
"Detox" is a myth -- Bigfoot, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, Iraq having WMD, Detox...you get it now?  It was invented by the Aftermath marketing department to maintain the fans' attention.  Notice how everytime a new Aftermath album is ready to come out, they always mention Detox is next up?  Because they are using the invention of "Detox" as a way to market other albums.  The sooner you realize that Detox is NOT REAL, the sooner you'll feel liberated.  Oh yeah, f.u. Aftermath for fooling us fans.

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2009, 07:05:05 AM »
They should just hire The Game to re-rap Dre's verses in his best Doctor Dre imitation voice. That way WideWake could release "Dre's verses" without Dre's agreement.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2009, 11:24:16 AM »
They should just hire The Game to re-rap Dre's verses in his best Doctor Dre imitation voice. That way WideWake could release "Dre's verses" without Dre's agreement.
nope, like i said last time, that would be corny.

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2009, 11:47:39 AM »
Last time? This the first time. Now you're scaring me.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S_oMD6-6q5Y&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1&amp;color1=0x006699&amp;color2=0x54abd6</a>

D1G1T4L

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Digital Productions
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2009, 01:46:00 PM »
if dre dies.. do we get all the music from his vaults?

Detox Is A Myth!!!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2009, 01:50:13 PM »
if dre dies.. do we get all the music from his vaults?

You get what his estate decides to put out...basically, it depends on how badly they want to make money off Dre's death.  Lots of heirs do, though  :bomb:

ttpac

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2009, 04:41:07 PM »
Dre's got his own personal and legal reasons for preventing Wideawake from releasing his material.  However, it appears he has the same attitude in reference to the anticipated release of Detox.  I see this as a clear demonstration of disrespect toward his fans that want to hear his material.  Why record if you're not releasing the material; sort of a contradiction but until he makes a statement we'll never know his position on the issue. 

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2009, 01:17:30 AM »
somebody else already made that suggestion before you.

GimmeYourShoes

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2009, 01:49:30 AM »
somebody else already made that suggestion before you.
Oh, then I completely agree with him.