Author Topic: BIG C-STYLE INTERVIEW PT 1 OF 3 (DEATH ROW, DPG, TUPAC, DR DRE ETC.)  (Read 2751 times)

Giesuz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Veterano
Re: BIG C-STYLE INTERVIEW PT 1 OF 3 (DEATH ROW, DPG, TUPAC, DR DRE ETC.)
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2009, 04:08:42 PM »
great interview, nice to see that sonme stuff might pop up for us

Soopahigh

« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2009, 09:55:55 PM »
great interview, nice to see that sonme stuff might pop up for us

acgrundy

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2009, 12:20:00 AM »
for some reason I am drawing a blank on the single they are talking about "U ain't the homie"

I can hear the chorus in my head:

U ain't the homie no more
U ain't the homie no more
U ain't the homie

someone help me out here.

ironmike

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2009, 12:25:40 AM »
^^
"u aint the homey" is a track by daz, and kurupt,

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/Op2bJDRiwBA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/Op2bJDRiwBA</a>

it was on the bootleg of "kurupt - against the grain" released by daz in 2003, which daz's associate toon was selling online back in the day on the dpgrecordz forums
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 12:30:41 AM by ironmike »

Mietek23

« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2009, 12:48:27 AM »
^^
"u aint the homey" is a track by daz, and kurupt,

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/Op2bJDRiwBA" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/Op2bJDRiwBA</a>

it was on the bootleg of "kurupt - against the grain" released by daz in 2003, which daz's associate toon was selling online back in the day on the dpgrecordz forums

The one you posted above is cut - it's only 3:01 while the full one is 5min.. If someone wants that track in full and in good quality download my "Crooked I - The Death Row Collection" tape :)

papa-smurf

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2009, 01:56:00 AM »
dope interview.damn this nigga made alot of money off of deals.never knew he was getting it like that.

G iC3

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2009, 08:45:58 AM »
dope interview.damn this nigga made alot of money off of deals.never knew he was getting it like that.

Wut he said!
G'z Up, Ho'z Down....& If Tha B!TCH Can't Swimm Than Tha B!TCH Iz Bound 2 Drizzown!

JohnnyL

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2009, 10:19:38 AM »
 Damn.  There's some great info in this interview.  Can't wait to hear the Greatest Hits Mixtape with the unheards.  So being that 19th Street owns the Crooked I albums he recorded on Virgin/Nutribe, does that mean they can release that stuff?  And if so, is that something they're planning on doing?

Okka

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2009, 11:02:11 AM »
Damn.  There's some great info in this interview.  Can't wait to hear the Greatest Hits Mixtape with the unheards.  So being that 19th Street owns the Crooked I albums he recorded on Virgin/Nutribe, does that mean they can release that stuff?  And if so, is that something they're planning on doing?

I thought Crooked I said that he don't want his old material released?

Blaqkout

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2009, 11:50:50 AM »

i think that was his older death row material released. the 19th st stuff is different

JohnnyL

« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2009, 03:22:04 PM »

i think that was his older death row material released. the 19th st stuff is different

Right.  Plus if 19th Street Records owns the material that Crooked I recorded while he was signed with them, I'm not sure he would have any say over whether or not it was released.

Okka

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2009, 04:02:11 PM »

Right.  Plus if 19th Street Records owns the material that Crooked I recorded while he was signed with them, I'm not sure he would have any say over whether or not it was released.

Yeah, but Big C Style is still the owner of 19th Street Records, right? Him and Crooked I are real good friends, so maybe if Crooked I told him not to release the material he might not release it. Whateva though, i hope all of the old Crooked I material will be released or leaked at some point, same goes with the old Low Lifes material.

JohnnyL

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2009, 05:54:45 PM »

Yeah, but Big C Style is still the owner of 19th Street Records, right? Him and Crooked I are real good friends, so maybe if Crooked I told him not to release the material he might not release it. Whateva though, i hope all of the old Crooked I material will be released or leaked at some point, same goes with the old Low Lifes material.

Yeah, you're right there.  If Big C Style and Crooked are tight and Crooked doesn't want the material released, then they might not release it.  Damn, it'd be tight to hear that shit though. 

machete

• 'G'
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2009, 07:34:34 PM »
on the real Crook should let us hear that because that fool was just raw that shit has to be good

MarshColin

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2009, 07:41:55 PM »
I would love to hear Crooks Noo Trybe album(s). Hopefully C-Style kept all those masters, including the Bo-Roc and South Sentrelle albums. He should make a website and put up a 19th Street Records mp3 store and just put all the shit up that he has rights to. I don't see why he wouldn't. There's very little overhead and you don't have to invest in stuff like pressing up the albums and all that. I would think that at the very least they would sell enough to pay for the servers and whatever other costs would be involved.