Author Topic: So I went out and COPPED that Kid Cudi album  (Read 1728 times)

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
So I went out and COPPED that Kid Cudi album
« on: September 15, 2009, 06:58:31 PM »
I actually bought the album, easily one of the best albums to come out in a while.  It's def not something for everyone though, I played a couple tracks for some of my boys and they were  :eh: when they heard it.  Better then BP3, but that's not saying much.

Albums like this need to be successful to bring variety to a genre of "music" that is on the edge of extinction
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

Lunatic

Re: So I went out and COPPED that Kid Cudi album
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 06:59:09 PM »
meh, wasn't my style. Fucked with about 4 tracks and that's it. I can see why someone would LOVE it though.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Jaydc555

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 07:06:27 PM »
It was average I like about half the songs.The style and production is kind of dull.It felt like 808s and heartbreaks part two

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 07:12:41 PM »
It was average I like about half the songs.The style and production is kind of dull.It felt like 808s and heartbreaks part two

not really, but like I said, your average rap fan isn't going to feel this album

Makaveli's Food & Liquor

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 07:30:23 PM »
Awesome album 8) Hoping it does well, it's too good of an album to get slept on

Jaydc555

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 07:33:48 PM »

not really, but like I said, your average rap fan isn't going to feel this album
It felt just like it.Slow moving beats,half singing half rapping,songs with average lyrics about heartbreak and depressiong that just talk about it but dont really explan things or go into detail.
Id give it a 6 out of 10.I was really looking forward to this album but its just not that good.

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 07:45:50 PM »

It felt just like it.Slow moving beats,half singing half rapping,songs with average lyrics about heartbreak and depressiong that just talk about it but dont really explan things or go into detail.
Id give it a 6 out of 10.I was really looking forward to this album but its just not that good.

average lyrics?

Jaydc555

« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 08:16:51 PM »

average lyrics?

Yes,average lyrics.He has mediocre wordplay,not many multi syllables,no clever metaphors or similes,his plysyllabic count is very low.His rhyme schemes are very basic.Theirs no clever lines to figure out or make you damn.The lyrics arent particulary deep either.Maybe if your 12 years old these lyrics are deep.But their just broad strokes of emotions without really scratching the surface.

Lunatic

« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 08:18:03 PM »
^I pretty much agree with Jaydc. I only fucked with 4 tracks. That "soundtrack 2 my life" hard as shit though
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2009, 09:59:59 PM »
The assumption is that CuDi's goal is to express deep emotions with lots of words and different rhyme schemes and that's he trying to get into all the specific details.   He's not pulling an Eminem where he is deliberately trying to experiment with his flow and multi-syllable rhyme scheme.  Dude's just expressing himself.  Simple as that for your simple ass.   

I picked it up as well.  I also bought the Drake ep.

Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Jaydc555

« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2009, 10:08:13 PM »
Its a simple record for simple minded people.Just like drake.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 10:09:58 PM »

You're full of shit.  You're on the nuts of Ye but dislike this?

haha
- Banks

Jaydc555

« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2009, 10:13:02 PM »

haha
Whats good about the record?Hes got a boring flow,almost never changes it up.His lyrics arent complex.And his lyrcis read like a 14 year old girls diary.Boring and predictable.And im not on yes nuts.I thought 808s sucked ass.And this album felt like 808s part two.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: September 15, 2009, 10:31:11 PM »

haha
Whats good about the record?Hes got a boring flow,almost never changes it up.His lyrics arent complex.And his lyrcis read like a 14 year old girls diary.Boring and predictable.And im not on yes nuts.I thought 808s sucked ass.And this album felt like 808s part two.

You simply not enjoying or liking the album means any of your charges are true but you're right.

His lyrics aren't complex but he's not trying to be complex.  He's just expressing himself as he see fit.
His flow is average but he's not pretending it's not. He realizes there isn't much rapping on the record and admits to it.  It has a cohesive sound.

My only point is that you're charging for setting an expectation he never claimed.  You act as if he said it was those things where as you just don't like the album. 

And, while I agree his average flow with his simple lyrics but name one other album like this? 
808s is the closest but that was influenced by CuDi's style.
- Banks

Jaydc555

« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2009, 10:35:19 PM »

haha

You simply not enjoying or liking the album means any of your charges are true but you're right.

His lyrics aren't complex but he's not trying to be complex.  He's just expressing himself as he see fit.
His flow is average but he's not pretending it's not. He realizes there isn't much rapping on the record and admits to it.  It has a cohesive sound.

My only point is that you're charging for setting an expectation he never claimed.  You act as if he said it was those things where as you just don't like the album. 

And, while I agree his average flow with his simple lyrics but name one other album like this? 
808s is the closest but that was influenced by CuDi's style.
I could fart on a microphone for half an hour and say what album sounds like this?That doesnt make it good.Im not saying hes terrible or anything.Hes just extremely average.As was this album.