Author Topic: So I went out and COPPED that Kid Cudi album  (Read 1730 times)

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: So I went out and COPPED that Kid Cudi album
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2009, 10:38:26 PM »
My point with him not sounding like anyone else is that he isn't average.  His technical skills might not be advanced but the kid is far from being average. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2009, 10:41:25 PM »
But, I'm a just take an L because I can't disagree with you but I cant' agree with you.  I think he's fresh, authentic, and original.  You don't.  You have valid points but I think they undermine the comprehensive project he delivers.  Canibus is technically a dope record but he doesn't made dope albums so  a part of me doesn't care if you're technically great if you're not dope.  Hence, it just falls back on if you're feeling it and you're not.  Me trying to persuade you is stupid. 
- Banks

Jaydc555

« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2009, 10:47:03 PM »
But, I'm a just take an L because I can't disagree with you but I cant' agree with you.  I think he's fresh, authentic, and original.  You don't.  You have valid points but I think they undermine the comprehensive project he delivers.  Canibus is technically a dope record but he doesn't made dope albums so  a part of me doesn't care if you're technically great if you're not dope.  Hence, it just falls back on if you're feeling it and you're not.  Me trying to persuade you is stupid. 
I was just very underwhelmed by the project.It didnt suck me in emotionally like I hoped it would.And you cant really anaylyze it because really its pretty thin and theirs nothing to analyze.You can use the excuse of its just music to be played when its club music and party music but this album is supposed to be meaningful and deep and it really isnt.Its a fine album to play in the background while im doing something else and not really paying attention to but other then that I was extremely dissapointed.

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2009, 10:54:36 PM »
My experience is different.

I can relate to and hence I feel what he's spitting.  I don't feel the need to analyze it.

Honestly, the only time I analyze music is when it's a rapper trying to make a political, historical, or social statment ala Immortal Technique; when it concerns a beat; or when a statement is illogical ala (I'm a get hate for this) Game saying
the word nigger sounds nothing like nigga.
  Basically, everything else is just perspective.  On the rare occasion I'll hear someone spit and "Think how'd they do that?"
- Banks

YSH

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • hi
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2009, 03:54:57 AM »
i wonder wut krs one think bout this  weird ass album

me 1st listen - this aint no mufuckn hiphop
2- aight i can here sum raps
3~5- let me get the instrumental version of this

i was feelin 4~5 traks ... the concept and shit was very new ... i liked the way he didnt us autotune

overall its a good album as alternative rap

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2009, 03:57:33 AM »
I actually bought the album, easily one of the best albums to come out in a while.  It's def not something for everyone though, I played a couple tracks for some of my boys and they were  :eh: when they heard it.  Better then BP3, but that's not saying much.

Albums like this need to be successful to bring variety to a genre of "music" that is on the edge of extinction

i agree, +1.great album, bumpin it everyday with obfcl II and bp3

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

Meho

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2009, 06:10:04 AM »
I also bought this one (first cd since UV). I was planning to buy Raekwon but that cd got a little bit dull after 2 weeks, kinda monotonous flow, also probably the fact that I'm slowly getting tired of the "hardcore" gangsta rap or whatever you want to call it. Don't get me wrong though OBFCL2 is still one of the best cds to come out in years.

Cudi's album on the other hand kept growing on me with each listen, I enjoy listening to it from front to back, something completely different than the usual records you hear nowadays.

As far as Cudi's lyrical ability, I don't really care that much about that as long as you can create actual songs and that they have substance. Take Slaughterhouse for example; miles ahead of Cudi lyrically but couldn't make a proper song to save their life. And what I like about rap is the storytelling part, the introspective joints, basically full songs. Don't care much for random topics with great punchlines.

Portugoal

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2009, 06:14:03 AM »
meh, wasn't my style. Fucked with about 4 tracks and that's it. I can see why someone would LOVE it though.

RingMan

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • BWS Czech Capo
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2009, 06:58:42 AM »
imma buy it too

Rap is not real, I don't care what they told you,
Fake people say fake things in their vocalbooth
- Soul Position - Mic Control

I make it hard to read me, graffiti flow - Rakim - Word On The Streets

--Vance--

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • You can't spell Dilate without L.A.
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2009, 09:10:44 AM »
Bought it and I think it's an amazing album.

The Phoenix

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • Rise...The Phoenix
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2009, 09:35:49 AM »
I was just very underwhelmed by the project.It didnt suck me in emotionally like I hoped it would.And you cant really anaylyze it because really its pretty thin and theirs nothing to analyze.You can use the excuse of its just music to be played when its club music and party music but this album is supposed to be meaningful and deep and it really isnt.Its a fine album to play in the background while im doing something else and not really paying attention to but other then that I was extremely dissapointed.
I like how you felt about the album, Jaydc.  I was trying to figure out how to say it, but you touched on it.  It has a different style, and there are some good songs on there, but overall it wasn't spectacular.  The flow would change during the song, which for me fucks the flow of the song itself up.  It's definately music I would play as background music, not a "you've got to here this shit" album.
Time for a change...bring it!

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2009, 04:28:34 PM »
It was average I like about half the songs.The style and production is kind of dull.It felt like 808s and heartbreaks part two

not really, but like I said, your average rap fan isn't going to feel this album
It felt just like it.Slow moving beats,half singing half rapping,songs with average lyrics about heartbreak and depressiong that just talk about it but dont really explan things or go into detail.
Id give it a 6 out of 10.I was really looking forward to this album but its just not that good.

average lyrics?

Yes,average lyrics.He has mediocre wordplay,not many multi syllables,no clever metaphors or similes,his plysyllabic count is very low.His rhyme schemes are very basic.Theirs no clever lines to figure out or make you damn.The lyrics arent particulary deep either.Maybe if your 12 years old these lyrics are deep.But their just broad strokes of emotions without really scratching the surface.

wow, so you're those type of niggas that bust a nut when Lil Wayne says something like "I am legend like Will Smith" then you go  :banana_trippin: thinking you hearing something clever

here is something I think someone of your standards will like:
« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 04:32:34 PM by Long Beach Iz Active »
Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....

OchoCinco

« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2009, 04:38:26 PM »
Im really feelin it. Kid Cudi has gave me a refreshment on hiphop this last little while, shit has been getting really dull Lately and this is what I needed.

Cali Climate

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2009, 04:39:57 PM »
I COULDN'T GET IN TO THIS ALBUM AT ALL. IT WAS HARD TO TELL WHETHER HE WAS DOING BORING HIP HOP OR BORING ROCK.  :-\

Detox Iz Not Active

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Tonite
« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2009, 08:00:26 PM »

As far as Cudi's lyrical ability, I don't really care that much about that as long as you can create actual songs and that they have substance. Take Slaughterhouse for example; miles ahead of Cudi lyrically but couldn't make a proper song to save their life.

that sums it up perfectly, but I wouldn't say they are miles ahead lyrically, but only on a flow standpoint.  They can rap nice but they are rapping about nothing

Guess who back in the motherfuckin house
With a fat dick for your motherfuckin mouth
Hoes recognize, niggaz do too
Cuz when bitches get skanless and pull a voodoo.....