Author Topic: So I went out and COPPED that Kid Cudi album  (Read 1736 times)

Jaydc555

Re: So I went out and COPPED that Kid Cudi album
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2009, 08:01:35 PM »
waits for people to attack joe budden and slaughterhouse instead of discussing kid cudis album

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2009, 08:32:12 PM »
People can dispute them. 

Your major argument is that you think he isn't deep.  He never said he was deep.   It's his form of expression - Soundtrack 2 My Life.  Your point here is invalid, it's moot, it's meaningless.  You're applying a backwards logic.  It's like the republican screaming at the president "you lie" when the president was not lying.

The lyrics aren't fluff.  Again, just because you can't relate or connect to them does not invalidate them.  Each track has a point, is structured to support that point, is structure specifically on the album, and CuDi successfully  conveys his message.  He says his truth simply (Simple As explains and admits to this.)  It's similar to what Jay-Z said about lyrics.  He'd rather take a real verse that most people can connect with over a hot metaphor.

The argument that the drums sound the same is a legitimate critique.  The counter argument I have is that it's an album.  By this I mean it purposefully creates a specific atmosphere and the similar drum sound helps achieve this goal.  Each track is reminiscent of the next but is unique to itself. 
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

eNgIeS

« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2009, 09:27:18 PM »
Here's CuDi explaining each track off the album.   I fear he might be developing that Ye complex.  He bigs up his own work and talks about who listens to it as if it's legendary.  Man, I hate when artist do that.   I like humble CuDi.   Still pretty dope to hear his insight.

Tracks 1-8

Tracks 9-15
http://www.youtube.com/v/GB_pNhC5BdE

Thanks for the link. i like to hear the thoughts from artists on there own work

Jaydc555

« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2009, 09:28:54 PM »
Let me just break this down

Let me clarify I liked kid named cudi and I saw the potential in him.I was looking forward to this album.But this album is just nothing.

Production:Cold,sterile,lifeless,repetive.When I listen to this production I feel sorry for hip hops future.

Lyrics:Nothing stands out.He talks about almost the same thing the whole album but at the same time says very little.Whats worse he doesnt do it in a clever or original way.Its all been said before and its been said better.

Guest appearances:Is it really shocking that every guest outshined him on his own tracks?

Singing:His singing ability is extremely limited and very monotone yet he does it 90 percent of the album

Flow:When some unknown named chip the rapper outshine you,you have problems.
Music should be graded on a curve.I wouldnt review a young jeezy album the way Id review  joe budden album.I dont dock points against jeezy for not making deep music because I dont listen to him fro that.But when you present like kid cudi does and you rap about the things he does you are expected to bring something to the table lyrics wise.He does not.

Basically to sum it up,the production is bland,his lyrics are run of the mill,he can barely sing and he has a non existent flow,not to mention every guest outshines him.So whats exactly innovative about the album again?How is this album of the year material?

If you want a a real rapper singer hybrid go listen to cee los two solo albums.They are beyond what cudi is capable of.So far at least.Cee lo can sign,can switch his flow up as much as tech n9ne does and he actually raps about shit that matters and does it in an intelligent matter.Theirs a reason andre 3000  turned down cudi to be on the album folks.I mean when are you supposed to listen to this music?This isnt something you can dance to.Yes day n nite is in clubs,the crookers version no this one.You cant work out to it,you cant ride around to it,you cant party to it,you cant even sit alone and listen to it because its just mindless dribble.

If this album is what passes as innovation and what passes as an album of the year no wonder hip hop is in shambles.

Kid cudi is to hip hop what britney spears is to soul music.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 09:45:56 PM by Jaydc »

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2009, 09:46:10 PM »
I feel sorry for you because you can't grasp the purposeful production of the album or how the lyrics work in to the overall theme.  It's far from being a lifeless produced album.  You can think he says the same thing over and over but you're wrong.  The "it's all been said before" argument can be applied to anyone so that's moot as well.  He uses his vocals the best of his ability.  Is he a singer? No.  Does he have the best flowr? No.  But like Kanye West there's more to an artist than weak vocals.  It's a shame you can't feel the music,

At least we both can agree, Cee-Lo is dope though I think your comparison is wack.

I think I'm done visiting this thread because there's not much more for me to type.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Jaydc555

« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2009, 09:48:17 PM »
I feel sorry for you because you can't grasp the purposeful production of the album or how the lyrics work in to the overall theme.  It's far from being a lifeless produced album.  You can think he says the same thing over and over but you're wrong.  The "it's all been said before" argument can be applied to anyone so that's moot as well.  He uses his vocals the best of his ability.  Is he a singer? No.  Does he have the best flowr? No.  But like Kanye West there's more to an artist than weak vocals.  It's a shame you can't feel the music,

At least we both can agree, Cee-Lo is dope though I think your comparison is wack.

I think I'm done visiting this thread because there's not much more for me to type.
What theme?That hes lonely and depressed btu he cant tell us why?Theirs nothing to feel in this music its childish dribble

Kool Beenz

« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2009, 09:59:26 PM »
im listening to the whole album right now ill give my review in an hour

just from the first song tho it seems boring like kanyes 808 album was

but lets see

Kool Beenz

« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2009, 10:16:59 PM »
im halfway through the album and its kinda boring
not my type of hip hop. it sounds like something 16 year old black kids that wear skinny jeans, skater shoes and purple shirts would listen too

i think you know your albums sucks when the chorus's are better then your verse's

but it seems to be getting better ill give my final review in a minute

Kool Beenz

« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2009, 10:49:16 PM »
shits wack
3/5 and thats cus im being nice

average album Kid Cudi aint nothing special at all
flow is boring. lyrics aint got nothing special. beats are too smililar

luckily the beats and chorus carries this album

i like his singing better then raps i think that is pretty sad lol