Author Topic: Dubcnn Exclusive: Raekwon II (Past Wu Tang Beefs, Dr. Dre, Cuban Linx II)  (Read 2951 times)

jonathandubcnn

Dubcnn Exclusive: Only Built 4 Cuban Linx Interview II

“I realized what kind of artist I am…I’ve never been a commercial artist,” says Raekwon, in this Dubcnn exclusive interview. Fourteen years after the nostalgic and original masterpiece Only Built 4 Cuban Linx was released, Raekwon follows it up with the highly anticipated sequel, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II. Fans and Critics alike are already labeling this new album as an instant classic. With its acclaimed reviews and worldwide fanfare, Raekwon is back in demand and giving fans what they want: “Cocaine Rap” as he calls it.

Die-hard fans demand more from this Wu-Tang Clansmen, arguably one of the most important and successful groups in hip-hop history. As this skilled swordsmith from the “W” sharpens his blade for another slice from the Big Apple’s elite, Rae comes out swinging with vengeance, cutting down anything that comes across his path. He brought his group of brothers along, too, and they sound more fresh and revitalized than they have in this decade. The Wu-Tang Clan has reemerged.

Dubcnn sent Jonathan Hay and DJ Atlas Jenkins out on an assignment (or should we say a blessing) to talk to the Chef himself and find out directly from the horse’s mouth what he has been cooking up in the kitchen. Raekwon sheds some amazing, provocative and insightful light on his new album, which boasts an all-star production cast, including Dr. Dre, J Dilla and, of course, RZA, among others.

We also candidly talk about some historical Wu-Tang moments, including some of the vastly publicized, past troubles and controversial disputes within the Clan. Raekwon doesn’t hold back on anything and drops non-stop jewels all throughout this evocative conversation. It’s with great pleasure we bring you: Raekwon.

Click here for interview:
http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/raekwon09-2/

Stay tuned to Dubcnn for more interviews!!!

« Last Edit: September 16, 2009, 07:25:03 PM by jonathandubcnn »

Jose - Dubcnn

• dubcnn staff
  • Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Dubcnn Exclusive: Raekwon II (Past Wu Tang Beefs, Dr. Dre, Cuban Linx II)
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2009, 07:34:49 PM »
Props for the interview Jon. Good stuff.

stillinrehab

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2009, 05:12:53 AM »
Props for the interview Jon. Good stuff.

kuruptDPG

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2009, 05:23:39 AM »
its good that rakewon is being honest about rza, thats sumthn missing from most artists.

cheers for the interview

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

T-Dogg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2009, 08:52:45 AM »
Good stuff, good stuff. Good questions with Raekwon giving good, honest answers.

Keep coming with it Jon.

Blood$

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2009, 09:54:58 AM »
dope interview

jonathandubcnn

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2009, 10:32:26 AM »
Thanks for the feedback  8)

LONDON!!

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2009, 10:50:50 AM »

Dubcnn Exclusive: Only Built 4 Cuban Linx Interview II

“I realized what kind of artist I am…I’ve never been a commercial artist,” says Raekwon, in this Dubcnn exclusive interview. Fourteen years after the nostalgic and original masterpiece Only Built 4 Cuban Linx was released, Raekwon follows it up with the highly anticipated sequel, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx II. Fans and Critics alike are already labeling this new album as an instant classic. With its acclaimed reviews and worldwide fanfare, Raekwon is back in demand and giving fans what they want: “Cocaine Rap” as he calls it.

Die-hard fans demand more from this Wu-Tang Clansmen, arguably one of the most important and successful groups in hip-hop history. As this skilled swordsmith from the “W” sharpens his blade for another slice from the Big Apple’s elite, Rae comes out swinging with vengeance, cutting down anything that comes across his path. He brought his group of brothers along, too, and they sound more fresh and revitalized than they have in this decade. The Wu-Tang Clan has reemerged.

Dubcnn sent Jonathan Hay and DJ Atlas Jenkins out on an assignment (or should we say a blessing) to talk to the Chef himself and find out directly from the horse’s mouth what he has been cooking up in the kitchen. Raekwon sheds some amazing, provocative and insightful light on his new album, which boasts an all-star production cast, including Dr. Dre, J Dilla and, of course, RZA, among others.

We also candidly talk about some historical Wu-Tang moments, including some of the vastly publicized, past troubles and controversial disputes within the Clan. Raekwon doesn’t hold back on anything and drops non-stop jewels all throughout this evocative conversation. It’s with great pleasure we bring you: Raekwon.

Click here for interview:
http://www.dubcnn.com/interviews/raekwon09-2/

Stay tuned to Dubcnn for more interviews!!!

good interview, rae breaking down that knowledge, for real
"get this money by any means nessassary"

Hoodlum204

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Thats Why I Fucked Your Bitch!!
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2009, 11:19:23 AM »
Dope Interview! 8) 8)

DJ ACE CAPONE

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • An OG's OG
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2009, 01:06:43 PM »
Good interview, some things were missing and not very indept. I guess it is what it is. i don't know who these so called critics and shit labeling this album as a clssic because it isn't. Itis a good one but nothing is touching the original.
New mixtape out weekly:

Listen to my mixtapes bitches! www.DJACEINTHEMIX.com

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2009, 03:24:58 PM »
Good read, very good read!

jonathandubcnn

« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 02:06:56 AM »
thanks so much!!! it was dope talking Rae...  8)

Rud

• Kingdingaling
  • Connected
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2009, 05:32:47 PM »
keep it coming

Westcoast News Network // www.dubcnn.com // Westcoast News Network

JG

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • try not to do tbt though, people here dont like it
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2009, 11:27:28 AM »
Top interview thanks for this dubcnn