Author Topic: Jay-Z Scores 11th No. 1 Album, Sells 475,700 Discs in Debut Week  (Read 997 times)

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
Re: Jay-Z Scores 11th No. 1 Album, Sells 475,700 Discs in Debut Week
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2009, 05:49:56 PM »
I'm pretty sure Shallow disagree with people just for the sake of disagreeing sometimes.

I never argue for or against a point I don't believe in.

Rap; You don't need to live in the 70s or 80s to see the charts and realize that when only 5 to 15 albums reach #1 a year compared to 30+ in modern times, it's easier to get a #1 when there are more spots available.

Like I said before regarding downloading; I believe that for every album someone doesn't buy because they download it there is an album bought because someone downloaded it and liked it enough to buy it. So maybe you didn't buy Blueprint 3, but if 1 kid out there downloaded it just to check it out and decided to buy it because he thought it was so good then you're lack of purchase doesn't matter.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2009, 06:59:43 PM »
I'm pretty sure Shallow disagree with people just for the sake of disagreeing sometimes.

i agree!

but when i try that i get called a groupie. :-\ :D

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2009, 07:17:12 PM »
yeah im assumin the wu fans were prolly hopin or SURE rae would move much more than he did
he prolly thinks he has the best album out right now...and it might very well be
but IMO for a album that was in the works for so many years and they planned it for so long...should have moved more
and the whole thing of jay buyin his own albums...i highly doubt it but im not rulin it out...lol

wooow, great shit for jigga tho album wasnt great as i expected, some tracks are for skipping really.

Im really happy for Raekwon dude did 70 k, thats great today!

ps. Slaughterhouse sold 35k since the album release.

great numbers for Jay indeed.

i remember all the people talking about how Wu is SO relevant & Slaughterhouse is not, but i think Jay sets the standard in that conversation of was "relevant" means. :laugh:
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 07:19:00 PM by GET YOUR WALK ON »
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #48 on: September 19, 2009, 07:18:35 PM »

i agree!

Agree with me or Tom?

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2009, 07:56:20 PM »

i agree!

Agree with me or Tom?

agree with you, will rarely agree with Tom lol.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: September 19, 2009, 08:19:05 PM »

i agree!

Agree with me or Tom?

ok, thanks +1

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: September 19, 2009, 08:21:29 PM »

i agree!

Agree with me or Tom?

ok, thanks +1

back at cha. ;)

i respect opinionated people. 8)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2009, 02:04:23 AM »

Rap; You don't need to live in the 70s or 80s to see the charts and realize that when only 5 to 15 albums reach #1 a year compared to 30+ in modern times, it's easier to get a #1 when there are more spots available.

Like I said before regarding downloading; I believe that for every album someone doesn't buy because they download it there is an album bought because someone downloaded it and liked it enough to buy it. So maybe you didn't buy Blueprint 3, but if 1 kid out there downloaded it just to check it out and decided to buy it because he thought it was so good then you're lack of purchase doesn't matter.

and? Even if this were true, it doesn't contradict anything I've said. Back in the day the kid would've just bought the album. Instead of downloading and then buying.

I don't know about where you grew up in Canada, or what era you are talking about, but where I grew up there wasn't this huge bootlegging industry like you make it out to be. Sure it existed to some degree, but People actually bought albums, and not just the albums they had already listened to from their friends.

Shit, nowadays kids don't even listen to the whole album. They download the single and that's it.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2009, 07:29:32 AM »

and? Even if this were true, it doesn't contradict anything I've said. Back in the day the kid would've just bought the album. Instead of downloading and then buying.

I don't know about where you grew up in Canada, or what era you are talking about, but where I grew up there wasn't this huge bootlegging industry like you make it out to be. Sure it existed to some degree, but People actually bought albums, and not just the albums they had already listened to from their friends.

Shit, nowadays kids don't even listen to the whole album. They download the single and that's it.

I mean a kid trhat is not a Jay Z fan, would never be a JAY Z fan, but becausew he heard the album and liked it so much he ended up buying it. I have plenty of albums I never would have bought but because I liked them enough I bought them. I remember when Californication came out. I personallly burned two dozen copies for kids in my school. Half of them liked so many songs they bought the album. None of them were Peppers fans going in, and most hated rock to begin with.

I'm from Scarborough. And people still buy albums. In the US, two of the top 8 selling albums came out after the internet. None are from the early 90s. In the 2000s Norah Jones, Linkin Park, Usher, and Shaniah all found ways to go diamond. Eventually the industry is going to have to come to terms with the fact that the reason there aren't as many big sellers is because of the actual music being sold. name me an RnB song that's blown up like Whitney's cover of I Will Always Love You. Or a Cartoon soundtrack as popular as the Lion King. They aren't around this decade and because of that they don't sell. Even with free internet access things are not blowing up in the pop culture lie they should. Fuck buying, people don't even care enough to keep most of what they download. The music simply isn't catchy. When it's catchy it'll sell.

Getting a single for free was always way easier than an album. I grew up after the album oriented radio but every kid I knew dubbed the big songs off the radio. You didn't?