Author Topic: Killer Mike Announces Name Change  (Read 304 times)

Elano

Killer Mike Announces Name Change
« on: September 21, 2009, 12:43:00 PM »
Within the span of his rap career, Killer Mike has built a reputation and following that has earned him a solid standing among music fans.

Now, the Atlanta rapper is literally expanding his horizons with a new moniker, Mike Bigga.

According to Bigga, the decision to drop his former name has been bubbling for quite some time.

“I wanted to do it for a long time,” Mike Bigga, p/k/a Killer Mike told AllHipHop.com. “I read all the comments on AllHipHop and all the other sites. And I love how smart the hip-hop fans are and they say ‘Man, this guy is dope. Why he so slept on.’ Then, it always be a comment under there that be like ‘I don’t suppose the name Killer Mike be holding him back? You can’t get corporate sponsorship with that.’ (laughs)”

As Killer Mike, the rapper emerged on the rap scene via collaborations with rap duo Outkast.

He appeared on the group’s Grammy winning hit “The Whole World,” and later signed to Purple Ribbon Records after releasing his debut solo album Monster.

The 2003 offering spawned the hit “A.D.I.D.A.S” which featured Big Boi as well as the club anthem “Kryptonite,” which also featured Big Boi.

Despite their work together, the pair engaged in a three year beef that resulted in Bigga leaving the Purple Ribbon label and an eventual reconciliation with Big Boi in 2008.

Bigga opted for the new name as a reflection of his current mind state, one that reflects his desire to leave a bigger mark on the rap community.

“I’m going with the name Mike Bigga because I really feel like I’m bigger than what I have been in the past and I’ve managed to get legendary status from being a raw rap guy in terms of being able to come out of the shadows of the hardships I’ve had,” the entertainer said as he referenced recent tragedies that have occurred in his area.

“I’ve become my own boss in a bigger partnership with Grind Time Official and Grand Hustle now and I’m just on to bigger and better things,” Bigga continued. “And I figure what better time now, going into this new season that’s going to be coming up in January when Tip get out and let the world know I’m on to bigger and better things.”

Mike Bigga will be a featured panelist during AllHipHop.com’s annual Social Lounge.

The rapper will discuss a number of topics pertinent to the Hip-Hop community along with guests Immortal Technique, Saigon, Raekwon, Ras Baraka and others.

AllHipHop.com’s Social Lounge takes place October 17 at the NJPAC Center in Newark, New Jersey.

KyleEshna

• Muthafuckin' OG
Re: Killer Mike Announces Name Change
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2009, 04:05:51 PM »
What...the...fuck...

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 04:26:05 PM »
Mike Bigga? Sounds goofy.  :D

Muhfukka

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 04:54:30 PM »
didnt he say he would never sell out and change his name to please record labels? that his name was a real mc name and not a corporate marketing tool?

NillerTheKid

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2009, 11:12:03 PM »
See these fans can't resist the rush,
they Wu-Tang for life
Scarred for life,
they can't forget the cuts

thisoneguy360

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 12:44:57 AM »
Killer Mike was a bad name but this is something else

you gon always be my latin queen bitch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 07:06:38 PM »
yeah he claims hes one of the best or the best...why not keep a unique name?
damn u still havent logged off...ur hurting everyone with all this wack shit u drop, it hurts more then getting the swine flu
Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 8:15 AM By: Ice Cube
Me and Mack 10 together again? I never say never, but he has the kiss the ring first.
Cube
gbee:@ Petey: you sound like a broken record, time to grow up.

Lunatic

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 07:08:53 PM »
Killer Mike, Mike Bigga, whatever the fuck he wanna call himself he still 1 of the best spitters, period.
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com