Author Topic: Healthcare In America.....  (Read 240 times)

E-Crazy

• Muthafuckin' OG
  • E-Crazy
Healthcare In America.....
« on: September 19, 2009, 04:55:40 AM »
What Are your Opinions and what do you want to happen?

Discuss.

Blasphemy

Re: Healthcare In America.....
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2009, 09:28:00 AM »
What Are your Opinions and what do you want to happen?

Discuss.

I think Free Health Care should be given to those who can't actually afford it. If you can how ever CAN and refuse to, then you shouldn't get jack shit. But I believe Health Care if done incorrectly can destroy our current system, and possibly drive up the cost of it. Mother fuckers who can barely afford it now can't afford another rise in it. Government Health Care must be done to insure it doesn't go the way of Canada.

In Canada, since the free health care is the main thing, you normally have to wait 6 months in order to see your doctor after a follow up for a test. Because the flow of traffic is so huge. As such I believe The government if they are going to push for a Universal Health Care package, Must Insure that Doctors won't be over flowed with new people. They should include new Dispensers, new programs for people to learn how to become a Health Care officials for these dispensers. These dispensers can be cheap and affordable and should be placed in zones were people who don't have health care live.

This would help protect the private sector, and hopefully prevent over-flow. With this new plan they must also include a way to make a transition from public to private sector health. This way if Public can't offer a service, then they can be referred to a private sector. Government help can help pay for the Private Sector fee, just a minor help. Payment plans can be brought up with each case. etc.

Also their should be a STRICT set of rules and practices so this health care system doesn't get abused... I know mother fuckers would try and use The Public to Private thing in order to get plastic surgery.  They did the shit with Katrina Victims, and their help program, They'll do it to anything.

but I doubt this will happen. Chances are a health care system will be drawn up, that will be poorly designed, won't protect doctors, citizens, or private sectors and just be a drain on the economy and current health care.

Sikotic™

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2009, 01:11:43 PM »
I could go into detail, but in summary: its fucked.

Americans don't like change even if that change won't necessarily affect you, but it will affect others positively. The majority of America prefers to be dicked around by insurance companies by paying high premiums for insurance that doesn't even cover most major procedures.

On the flip side, Obama's plan is full of loopholes and flaws that may end up doing a lot of harm before it does good just based on some of the summaries I have read about it. Plus, there's a major shortage of doctors and medical staff in general and health care for all will make overworked health care providers even more overworked.

At least somebody is trying to do something unlike the last administration. Hopefully, it will be the right thing.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

Suga Foot

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2009, 06:13:03 PM »
In Canada, since the free health care is the main thing, you normally have to wait 6 months in order to see your doctor after a follow up for a test.

Where the hell did you hear that?  That's craziness.  I've never (nor have I know of anyone) had to wait more than a few days.

Blasphemy

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2009, 08:10:07 PM »
In Canada, since the free health care is the main thing, you normally have to wait 6 months in order to see your doctor after a follow up for a test.

Where the hell did you hear that?  That's craziness.  I've never (nor have I know of anyone) had to wait more than a few days.

It was a study they had done. A women who could potentially have cancer had to wait 6 months cause the Doctors office was full in order to hear the results.  Its not the entire health care, but their are areas were their is not that many doctors and as such they get over run with long waits. I think someone posted it on youtube.

ikke

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 04:50:01 AM »
The healthcare debate is better then most tv shows.

I don't see why they have to make a public option when they can just give current companies stricter rules and fines if they don't follow them.

virtuoso

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 07:34:50 AM »

Won't it result in bigger tax rises? I think the answer to that is yes, secondly Obama has already been in talks, secret talks at that with the pharmaceutical industry to assure them presumably that the government won't look for cheaper products or indeed negotiate for heavier discounts. Thirdly too much emphasis goes into medicines and nowhere near enough attention is focused on prevention. It's laughable for instance that alternative medicines are so heavily shunned and yet Vioxx was warmly embraced onto the market and is estimated to have killed some 100,000 people!. Fourthly how much money is already wasted from providing free health care to the tens of millions of illegal immigrants?. Is it really a good idea for the government to be taking over the health sector to? from what I have read medicaid is basically bankrupt so does that mean that resources will be allocated on the basis of age? are we to simply accept that old people being less economically active should be starved of resources? The idea that the NHS in England works wonderfully well is bullshit add into that mixture that there is the looming spectre of 10% cuts which will mean rationing out health care. The democrats and the republicans share the same bed as the pharma giants. This is not the wonderful present which they are portraying it to be and with America basically completely and utterly bankrupt, how the fuck is this even going to work?. So from what I understand of it, taxes will be raised to pay for something, which is fixed around playing best friends with the pharmaceutical industry, in turn the health care could actually get much worse. That just sounds like the type of change which leaves people with pennies left in their pocket.

Mr. O

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 12:43:09 AM »
Public option is a good thing...however..if everyone pays the equal amount...fuck that...it will affect someone like Sik or anyone doing medical career like me.  These doctors won't be making money for doing some surgery operations.
[flash=200,200<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/AlIxU8SiFZU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/flash]