Author Topic: Wu-tang, Chamber Music album RECOGNISE  (Read 406 times)

The Overfiend

Wu-tang, Chamber Music album RECOGNISE
« on: September 20, 2009, 02:16:41 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/_VnHoqj-HwM&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/_VnHoqj-HwM&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

weedhead

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Wu-tang, Chamber Music album RECOGNISE
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2009, 03:12:57 AM »
if u love hiphop,yall need to pick this up..very sleeped on wu album..top three in my book.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2009, 08:39:41 AM »
it does not compare to Liquid Swords, 36 Chambers or OB4CL
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Paul

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2009, 09:42:39 AM »

Why would you compare it?
funkyfreshintheflesh

Cali Climate

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2009, 01:11:22 PM »

Who cares? Focus on the good parts.

That track with Raekwon and M.O.P. is my favorite. Dark minimalism at it's finest.

sav

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2009, 01:31:30 PM »
That track with Raekwon and M.O.P. is my favorite. Dark minimalism at it's finest.

You forgot Kool G Rap. I agree this is a fuckin' good track.  8)

Al Bundy

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2009, 01:41:51 PM »
I like how even though RZA or the usual wu-fam didn't produce on this record but it still feels Wu to the fullest. With that said, Evil Deeds is my favorite track.

Paul

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2009, 03:02:08 PM »
funkyfreshintheflesh

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2009, 04:37:25 PM »

thread starter said it was in the top 3 of WU cds    do you read the posts before replying??
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Paul

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2009, 04:39:51 PM »

thread starter said it was in the top 3 of WU cds    do you read the posts before replying??

obviously not lol. never noticed that post, wasnt the thread starter though
funkyfreshintheflesh

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2009, 04:44:34 PM »
i forgive you

The Overfiend

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2009, 03:10:52 AM »
thread starter said it was in the top 3 of WU cds    do you read the posts before replying??

Wasn't me, that was weedhead.

This is nowhere near the best in the Wu-catalogue. But still good with a sprinkle of most the typical Wu-ingredients.  Man I love the RZA-mysticism, he should put out an audio-book for the kids of just him talking about his philosophy (which is a mixture of Eastern mysticism, 5% mysticism) over ambient beats.

GZA, Ghost & Method have stayed consistent, especially GZA and Starks they still sound fresher than ever, but Raekwon is sounding tired these days. Its got nothing to do with his content, but its like hes running out of energy when he rhymes, which is a shame because without that energy its just babble: just stringing words together.   I don't get that same energy from him like I got when I played Northstar off OB4CL. I want to hear the Raekwon rap like he was on (you better) Watch Your (motherfucking) Mouth. "I scalp money". Same goes for RZA: he sounds like RZA proper when he's got that inner fire burning behind his words, but when he dosn't the rhymes just seem like filler, you can tell when he is rhyming with energy, CHI, behind his words, and when he isn't. Alot of people have said this, I know Killah Priest was saying something like this on his site how he tired to get RZA to re-record his verses to try and get him to bring out that same
energy like we got from him on 4th Chamber.  
« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 03:14:34 AM by Illuminati Clique »