Author Topic: Warren G-The_G_Files-2009-H3X  (Read 4230 times)

Paul

Re: Warren G-The_G_Files-2009-H3X
« Reply #75 on: September 29, 2009, 07:00:48 AM »
not on par with his previous albums, but better than In the Mid-Nite Hour. It could've been worse, but it wasn't bad.
do you really think so?

damn

no replay value for me except 1 song.
alright, fair enough.
so no songs grew on you over time?

In The MidNite Hour still sounds fresh as hell
funkyfreshintheflesh

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2009, 07:16:17 AM »
not on par with his previous albums, but better than In the Mid-Nite Hour. It could've been worse, but it wasn't bad.
do you really think so?

damn

alright, fair enough.

yeah i think it's alright, although there are a few songs on there that don't belong on it, imo

Paul

« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2009, 07:22:44 AM »
do you really think so?

damn

alright, fair enough.

yeah i think it's alright, although there are a few songs on there that don't belong on it, imo

Its not classic or groundbreaking or anything, its just at the time it came out i wasnt enjoying much on the hip hop front, and it was pretty cool to hear a west coast album sounding like that
funkyfreshintheflesh

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2009, 07:24:14 AM »
do you really think so?

damn

alright, fair enough.

Its not classic or groundbreaking or anything, its just at the time it came out i wasnt enjoying much on the hip hop front, and it was pretty cool to hear a west coast album sounding like that
i see :)

Soopafly DPGC

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Its my duty to break a bitch down to buck nudie
« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2009, 10:34:47 AM »
I think it was a bonus track with Hopsin.  Or did I read that wrong?  I think I heard Hopsin say something in a interview where he was with Warren G on a track on G-Files as a bonus track on the Best Buy edition.

Don't think so.

I just bought the album from Best Buy and there is no bonus track on it, so that confirms it.

In my first listen, i'm not impressed, maybe it'll grow on me.  I remember i didn't like Midnight Hour and first, and it grew on me, so maybe this one will too.  There are probably 6 good songs out of the 14...problem is, those 6 were already leaked in the past.  I'm almost feeling like i wasted my money, i was real close to downloading it, but i wanted to support Warren G, so i bought it...i have hard copies of all his other albums, so why stop now?  I wish he would've put the Twinz on this.  I heard a rumor they were working together again, but I guess nothing materialized.

TheTruNoLimit

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #80 on: September 29, 2009, 11:56:17 AM »
If anyone gets it can they up the track "Fire"?  I actually went on to amazon.co.uk and they have the track for download in their MP3 section so I figured I'd just download it, nice and easy.  Turns out, they pull this shit where there is geographical restrictions, so I guess anyone from the US can't actually download anything from the uk site.  Kinda sucks.  If anyone knows how to get it, up it here.  I ain't up on torrents and all that, so it'd be appreciated.

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
« Reply #81 on: September 29, 2009, 12:02:55 PM »
If anyone gets it can they up the track "Fire"?  I actually went on to amazon.co.uk and they have the track for download in their MP3 section so I figured I'd just download it, nice and easy.  Turns out, they pull this shit where there is geographical restrictions, so I guess anyone from the US can't actually download anything from the uk site.  Kinda sucks.  If anyone knows how to get it, up it here.  I ain't up on torrents and all that, so it'd be appreciated.
yeah i noticed that with amazon: kind of ironic when you want to compete with free downloads.

itunes has the most songs, but the fucked up thing is that they have no web store.
i'm not looking for the song by the way, so i can't help you

Maxin in the Shade

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Warren G-The_G_Files-2009-H3X
« Reply #82 on: September 29, 2009, 07:50:42 PM »
i think i can safely say that im done with Warren G at this point

ive been a fan since 'Regulate' first came out and always check for his new releases. But 'The G Filez' and 'In The Midnight Hour' confirm to me that the Warren G i grew to dig just doesnt exist anymore

the beats are boring, have no replay value and why include so many guests (and unknown ones at that) that basically add nothing to the track. Im sick of seeing so many guests on every track nowadays (thats another rant for another day) - a guest here and there, no probs. But your Warren G - you could hold an album by yourself.

What happened to the Warren G that produced slick, smooth beats. Anything on his last two albums sound like its been hastily programmed on his laptop. And i dont wanna hear no BS about 'artists changing or growing'. Im all for that - but the music just doesnt do it for me anymore and it certainly doesnt show any sort of significant growth. Theyre just 'Meh'. I had my hopes up with this album, but like so many other WC artists albums of recent years it falls flat

If there was one message i could give to him it would be this: your fans were fans for a reason. you produced a certain kind of sound that people really liked. Why shy away from that sound into something else that lets face it, anyone could do? I know its not 1994 anymore, but theres still a place for an updated G-Funk sound in 2009

RANT OVER
Always talkin bout the cash he got, the little pesos for shows
And God knows his materialistic raps and wack flows
are like Stay Free pads, fake V.I.P. rappers get garbage disposed
Unrecouped for his flamboyance and reflection
He's leasin rentin and frontin
- Kool Keith 'Haters'