Author Topic: In Unearthed Interview, Michael Jackson Totally Drops a Bomb on His Family  (Read 345 times)

Elano

Finally some less than fawning Michael Jackson-related ephemera has surfaced: News of the World has allegedly gotten its hands on a tape from a 25-year-old interview that finds Jackson trashing all his brothers and his dad, Joe. It's pretty interesting stuff, since it breaks the we're a united unit facade that has surrounded the Jackson family for a while:

Jackson started off with a rant about the siblings who made up the Jackson 5, saying his brothers did not give him any support.

"We'd be working on a TV show or video and they'd be sitting around moaning and groaning but I'd be watching and learning," he said.

"It takes a talent, but some people are lazy and don't want to develop anything."

Jackson described Tito as a whinger who enjoyed "boring" hobbies such as putting together model planes, while Marlon constantly irritated him when they performed on stage.

He accused Jermaine of being a womaniser and not having the self-belief to launch a successful solo career, saying he was either "looking for girls or going along with the jokes".

Eldest brother Jackie was dismissed as stubborn, argumentative and negative while the youngest, Randy, made the mistake of never listening to Jackson's advice.

Turning to his father, Joe, the singer hit back at the man he accused of abusing him as a child.

He said: "He is a very jealous father. He isn't gonna show you love, but anybody that gets closer to us than him he would tell them, 'Leave my boys alone!'."

"To tell you the truth, I never have felt close to him. He has always been like a mystery man."

In public, Jackson insisted his mother Katherine was "great" but on the tapes he said: "She disappointed me. She did an interview (about him). I don't like her to talk. It's none of those people's business."

Sister La Toya was labelled as "Mrs Nice and Nasty" who would not let him sit on her couch or walk on her carpet.

Jackson's favourite sister Janet escaped relatively lightly with a jealous attack focused mainly on her marriage to pop producer James DeBarge in 1984.

"Janet is a tomboy. That is why it kills me to see her off and married. We did everything together and were just alike. We write a whole schedule for the day and follow it. It's a terrible loss," he said.

But Jackson did have some positive things to say about one member of the family - himself.

"I am the captain of my ship. I take suggestions and listen to what everyone has to say, but the final decision is mine," he declared.

GangstaBoogy

Re: In Unearthed Interview, Michael Jackson Totally Drops a Bomb on His Family
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2009, 11:43:46 AM »
That family is not as close as they appear. All the brothers were jealous and hated on Michael. Jermaine even released a diss record. We know all about LaToya's book. Plus lets not forget Jermaine marrying Randy's ex-wife (I think it was Randy).
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Blasphemy

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2009, 12:19:46 PM »
anyone surprised? The Marriage thing was already know, that Jackson had Disdained. Eh, not surprised, nearly every music act has a PR lady to present a image the American public wants to eat up.If you see the truth, You'll see they are just like the rest of us. :/

KURUPTION-81

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2009, 01:22:35 PM »
Not suprised families always have differences.

"My greatest challenge is not what's happening at the moment, my greatest challenge was knocking Liverpool right off their fucking perch. And you can print that." Alex Ferguson

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 03:50:23 PM »
Everythang he said was on point though.

It's a family of 9 children. Shit, so's my family and that's exactly how it is.

LOOK PEOPLE OH MY GOD HE'S NORMAL :D

;D

R1ZE

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Do 4 Love
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 04:21:54 PM »
I'm sure alot of these things are true, but... link? I do not believe Michael would ever come out and say these things, its not in his spirit.

QuietTruth

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Shoot 'em up bang bang, nigga die slow
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2009, 04:38:42 PM »
I'm sure alot of these things are true, but... link? I do not believe Michael would ever come out and say these things, its not in his spirit.
Exactly.

Shallow

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I never had a digital pic of myself before
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2009, 06:25:46 PM »

LOOK PEOPLE OH MY GOD HE'S NORMAL :D

;D

Yeah, that's what he is.