Author Topic: Pac was really The King of the West  (Read 1804 times)

Elano

Pac was really The King of the West
« on: September 23, 2009, 01:10:15 AM »
"...As far as hip-hop, I'm not the God but on the West Coast, I sold five million in two months, Biggie's album been out two years barely touching two million. This n*gga done had 50 remixes, a thousand, he got everybody in New York in his videos and still barely touching two million. I been out two months and my sh*t sold five million with two videos out, I'm just starting. These n*ggas can't touch us. They can't, really, it's funny." (from the last vibe video footage)

8)

OG Snoopaveli

Re: Pac was really The King of the West
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 01:12:54 AM »
 8) 8) 8) 8)

sms130

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 07:38:22 AM »
I mean, 2Pac was the biggest selling rapper of 1996. All Eyez On Me was hot album. There wasn't a time in 1996 where I didn't hear that album being played (if it's a tha crib or somebody elses house, in tha cars, and at parties). U can't deny that All Eyez On Me was tha album of the year 4 1996. Everybody loves that album and it was great. I mean, album cutz was being played on tha radio at that time! LOL! That album was so hot that even album tracks was being played just as well as the singles were.

V2DHeart

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 07:43:00 AM »
People wern't buying All Eyez On Me for the lyrics, or Hip Hop value, whereas people were buying Ready To Die for the Hip Hop value of it, the more articulate aspect of it... 2Pac's was a far larger album to begin with (double album) with so much variety, stars, and hits, and the controversy around him made him an appealing star in the public eye. People just bought into it with this album, because being honest. Content, and lyrical wise Me Against The World, and Makaveli were doper albums. All Eyez On Me was more pop, so undoubtedly he would attain a bigger reception in terms of sales, it doesn't make him king of West Hip Hop, it just means he makes most money, but money isn't a precidence for skill and ability
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2009, 09:05:07 AM »
Awesome quote. 2pac THE KING!
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2009, 09:14:59 AM »
Pac wasn't even from tha West.  He was born in NY then moved 2 Bmore, and then when he was like 16/17 he moved out to Cali.  He was only on "the westcoast" for like 2 years b4 he started goin' worldwide.  Pac can't claim "westside" like that.  He lived out BMore or Brooklyn far longer than he did Oakland (that's some fake ass shit tbh).  I never got that shit.  I mean i get tha whole, it ain't where u from its where u at or anything of that nature but u can't say/claim/represent to death (literally) another coast where ur not from.  Pac was a dumbass/dickhead/cockrider/swagger-jacker/bangwagoner 4 that
« Last Edit: September 23, 2009, 09:17:25 AM by Kick 4rm 301 »

Bch

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • NoSuchThing as Failures Only QuittRs & BullshittRs
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 09:28:43 AM »
Dr Dre is really the king of the west, he's responsible for the success of many hands down period. Including 2pac

krzieg

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Live 4 Everything Die 4 Nothing
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2009, 09:40:53 AM »
Dr Dre is really the king of the west, he's responsible for the success of many hands down period. Including 2pac

Dre might be the king of the west but he wasn't fully responsible for 2pacs success......
IT'S STILL..........

H.E.A.T
n'
H.E.A.D

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2009, 10:36:35 AM »
Yes, he was the king of the West. He was also so loud, obnoxious, and cocky that people in the industry still hate the West Coast because of him to this day.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

oak20land510-415

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2009, 10:47:52 AM »
Kick 4rm 301
Muthafuckin' Don!

As I Walk Thru Tha Shadow Of Death

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:14:59 AM »
Pac wasn't even from tha West.  He was born in NY then moved 2 Bmore, and then when he was like 16/17 he moved out to Cali.  He was only on "the westcoast" for like 2 years b4 he started goin' worldwide.  Pac can't claim "westside" like that.  He lived out BMore or Brooklyn far longer than he did Oakland (that's some fake ass shit tbh).  I never got that shit.  I mean i get tha whole, it ain't where u from its where u at or anything of that nature but u can't say/claim/represent to death (literally) another coast where ur not from.  Pac was a dumbass/dickhead/cockrider/swagger-jacker/bangwagoner 4 that

Pac might have been born on tha East Coast but was reppin The West 2 tha fullest he didn't start rappin till he came to tha West Tha Bay put Pac on Tha East ain't do shit but try to KILL him how can he hold down tha East when niggaz try'n to MURK him tha West had nothin but love for Pac so he had nothin but love foe tha West Coast you probably AIN'T EVEN FROM THA WEST COAST sayin some stupid shit like dat.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2009, 11:09:50 AM »

so Dre came out with 2pacalypse Now (which came out before Death Row existed) ?????
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2009, 11:10:29 AM »
Yes, he was the king of the West. He was also so loud, obnoxious, and cocky that people in the industry still hate the West Coast because of him to this day.
::)
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

Jimmy H.

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2009, 11:38:21 AM »
  People just bought into it with this album, because being honest. Content, and lyrical wise Me Against The World, and Makaveli were doper albums. 
That's the truth. There is far more depth in either of those albums than "All Eyez" as a whole and that album covers two discs. 

Biggzy

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2009, 11:55:09 AM »
pac repped tha west harder than any artist born n raised on the west n tha west had nothing but love 4 him! u little teenagers need to step yo 90s hip hop game up b4 u start chattin shit! n gay ass dre aint done shit for the west, he aint put out any westcoast artist out there n he doesnt wanna even b associated with the coast! he aint produced shit for deathrow apart from jackin j-flexx shit!

Cali Climate

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2009, 11:59:01 AM »
What an ignorant asshole. Fuck tupac.