Author Topic: Pac was really The King of the West  (Read 1851 times)

BiggBoogaBiff

Re: Pac was really The King of the West
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2009, 11:02:57 AM »

not saying i agree or disagree

but people who say that Pac only started reppin the West when he signed to Death Row..

even back in 93 he was saying that every praise he gets as an artist should go to Oakland and the West and every award he got should've also gone to the West and etc

so he did always claim the West..

i think he said himself that when he came out he really didnt claim either east or west cuz he always figured that hip-hop was all 1 nation and it really didn't matter, especially since he lived on both the east and the west..

but i guess he felt like he could identify with the west more once everybody started claiming where they were from and all that..and it got even more extreme with all his beefs and whatnot

No just like u said he always claimed the West.  That's the problem.  Pac wasn't "neutral" so to say when it came down 2 representin' where u from.  He never talked about Brooklyn or Baltimore where he grew up at,,,, never.  He may have referenced it *brooklyn*  in a song or two im sure but that still doesn't make up for all of that "w" shit he was doin'.  

and about the beef thing in tha last sentence u stated.  that's the moronic part on Pac... how r u gonna beef with everybody where ur from and then ride 4 tha otha side like them niggaz had ur back since u was snatchin' little debbies in ur pocket when u waz a kid.  all of a sudden it's westside til i die and u only been out there for a few years.  sounds like he took a trip 2 vegas and nevr wanted 2 come back home or he was scared niggaz waz gonna fuck wit him bcuz he was a baltimore/brooklyn nigga and bk/ny was hatin' on tha west at that time so he ain't wanna come off as an outsider.

Lesane Parish Crooks is my man, but let's not 4get wat would happen if some1 waz on that shit 2day.  they wouldn't make it past the 2nd mixtape
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 11:05:57 AM by Kick 4rm 301 »

Ridah662

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2009, 11:09:56 AM »
Pac wasn't the king of the West.  to be king u gotta be born and raised in whatever 2 b king of.  Pac wasn't born or raised in the west 4 that matter.  U say he was 15 when he moved out Cali and when 2pacolypse Now came out he was 19/20... sorry my man Pac still had a lil' more westside livin' 2 claim westside.  Now if Pac woulda dropped his 1st album when he was like 23/24 talkin westside and shit then it'll be like okay, u can claim that shit but dont forget where u came from (which he obviously did ultimately). 

Pac wasn't in the trenches long enuff out West 2 be hollarin tha shit and throwin' it up on tha album cover.  It takes 4yrs to graduate from college, not the streets.

Now if Pac was comin' out like I'm an Eastcoast nigga ridin' on tha Westside and livin' this Westside Life then shit would just smooth over (like it hasn't already) but u see wat im gettin at. 

I'm sorry but i'm 20, and if I moved out 2 Phoenix for the next 5 years and grinded in those streets and made a name for myself, i wouldn't start hollarin out Westside n shit (niggaz wouldn't even allow me 2 come home back 2 da DMV).  But Pac was still a kid tho, he probably was just lookin 4 tha "appeal" thing and the Westcoast was hot then and it kinda made a lil sense at the time I bet, but still- that shit is fake no matter how u try 2 cut it.

i aint no lil kid im a lot older than you are, your opinion seems to be a hatorade type of opinion. pac was from the east but he never claimed the east and when he did try to rectify that they tried to kill him, i mean the eastcoast jealousy of pac is still felt today. look at that faggot ass jay-z throwing lil shots at a dead man, look at that sickle cell muthafucka still hating from a jail cell...its pretty obvious everyone knowz pac was from the east but if he aint claiming the east then u have no argument period end of story...u just a typical eastcoast hating fan they all the same when they see someone outshine them they hate, especially someone from they own turf  ;) it just that the west outsold them so much that they couldnt handle it...puff & them fools got mad that pac wouldnt sign to bad boy thats all can u blame em common they wasnt no real money at bad boy and death row's numbers proved that...just face it nigga the sun rises in the east but it sets in the west.... ;)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2009, 11:10:27 AM »
People wern't buying All Eyez On Me for the lyrics, or Hip Hop value, whereas people were buying Ready To Die for the Hip Hop value of it, the more articulate aspect of it... 2Pac's was a far larger album to begin with (double album) with so much variety, stars, and hits, and the controversy around him made him an appealing star in the public eye. People just bought into it with this album, because being honest. Content, and lyrical wise Me Against The World, and Makaveli were doper albums. All Eyez On Me was more pop, so undoubtedly he would attain a bigger reception in terms of sales, it doesn't make him king of West Hip Hop, it just means he makes most money, but money isn't a precidence for skill and ability

Are you trying to say All Eyes on Me was a more pop album than Ready to Die? Nigga please.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2009, 11:21:24 AM »
Kick 4rm 301
Muthafuckin' Don!

As I Walk Thru Tha Shadow Of Death

« Reply #5 on: Today at 09:14:59 AM »
Pac wasn't even from tha West.  He was born in NY then moved 2 Bmore, and then when he was like 16/17 he moved out to Cali.  He was only on "the westcoast" for like 2 years b4 he started goin' worldwide.  Pac can't claim "westside" like that.  He lived out BMore or Brooklyn far longer than he did Oakland (that's some fake ass shit tbh).  I never got that shit.  I mean i get tha whole, it ain't where u from its where u at or anything of that nature but u can't say/claim/represent to death (literally) another coast where ur not from.  Pac was a dumbass/dickhead/cockrider/swagger-jacker/bangwagoner 4 that

Pac might have been born on tha East Coast but was reppin The West 2 tha fullest he didn't start rappin till he came to tha West Tha Bay put Pac on Tha East ain't do shit but try to KILL him how can he hold down tha East when niggaz try'n to MURK him tha West had nothin but love for Pac so he had nothin but love foe tha West Coast you probably AIN'T EVEN FROM THA WEST COAST sayin some stupid shit like dat.

i hate wen ppl try 2 argue dum shit bcuz they have nothing else to do.  

its been documented in every 2pac doc that he wrote poetry since he was dam near a baby.  so Pac has always been writing.  Pac also went 2 tha BMore School of Performing Arts for Music, it might of been dance but i dont think so.  So Pac was really a Westside Bandwagoner at tha time (truthfully speaking).  He was born and RAISED in tha East and moved out 2 Cali right b4 he blew.  Pac was fake 4 that, and alot of ppl 2 this day from tha DMV got a lil' beef (so to say) wit Pac bcuz of that fact alone, especially out BMore.  

Now somehow, someway we still have ppl with this 2001 DeathRow Records mentality.  Claiming Dre hasn't done shit 4 tha West but whole time, Dre is the West and always has been.  Dre planted seeds in tha West and watched em ALL (most) grow worldwide.  R u mad bcuz he rode wit 50 instead of Hittman?  get over it, 50 shits on 90& of the artist Dre signed in tha past 10 years anyways.  

If DeathRow woulda never unfolded tha way it did (dre leaving, snoop's murder case, 2pac's death, suge's bs).  everybody from deathrow only exclusivly working with each other on each and every song put out.  y'all would be like okay... all of their music sounds tha same, it's so uninspired, it's so stagnet, gfunk is played out, etc.  

Last, the most important thing all of.  Pac isn't from the West and he can't be the King of The West unless ur talking about the US *being on tha western part of the planet*   Like,   u can't be born and raised in the UK and then move 2 Atlanta and get something popping off a year later, you can't be like "im king of tha dirty south", or "i run ny".  You're gonna see Drake lose alotta love 4 startin 2 act like and talk about shit like he's from tha States.

Pac spent several years in Cali before his rap career took off. Obviously he liked it better than the place he grew up in. Nothing wrong with that.

Lets not forget that he didn't really start claiming hardcore west coast until he signed to Death Row in 95. At that point he had been living in the west for 7 years. That's definitely a long enough time to start repping an area as your own.

What would have been fake is if he had been living in Cali, rapping in Cali but claiming New York in his songs.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 11:26:07 AM by rapsodie sees the bitch in you »

IF NOT ME THEN WHO

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2009, 11:29:31 AM »
Pac wasn't the king of the West.  to be king u gotta be born and raised in whatever 2 b king of.  Pac wasn't born or raised in the west 4 that matter.  U say he was 15 when he moved out Cali and when 2pacolypse Now came out he was 19/20... sorry my man Pac still had a lil' more westside livin' 2 claim westside.  Now if Pac woulda dropped his 1st album when he was like 23/24 talkin westside and shit then it'll be like okay, u can claim that shit but dont forget where u came from (which he obviously did ultimately). 

Pac wasn't in the trenches long enuff out West 2 be hollarin tha shit and throwin' it up on tha album cover.  It takes 4yrs to graduate from college, not the streets.

Now if Pac was comin' out like I'm an Eastcoast nigga ridin' on tha Westside and livin' this Westside Life then shit would just smooth over (like it hasn't already) but u see wat im gettin at. 

I'm sorry but i'm 20, and if I moved out 2 Phoenix for the next 5 years and grinded in those streets and made a name for myself, i wouldn't start hollarin out Westside n shit (niggaz wouldn't even allow me 2 come home back 2 da DMV).  But Pac was still a kid tho, he probably was just lookin 4 tha "appeal" thing and the Westcoast was hot then and it kinda made a lil sense at the time I bet, but still- that shit is fake no matter how u try 2 cut it.

u dont have to be born there to be king, the people choose their king, and kingdoms have also been seized by force

ThaRealSupreme

« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2009, 11:32:58 AM »

u dont have to be born there to be king, the people choose their king, and kingdoms have also been seized by force

If I'm not mistaken somebody has to take the crown for a person to no longer be king. Who would you consider the king of the west right now?
I stand before God when I say that I'm not a facade_Supreme

IF NOT ME THEN WHO

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2009, 11:35:32 AM »
d

If I'm not mistaken somebody has to take the crown for a person to no longer be king. Who would you consider the king of the west right now?

well like i said the people can choose their king and it seems as if we have chosen game no matter how terrible a king he may be, but then some may say snoop, or cube its not a clear cut picture

BiggBoogaBiff

« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2009, 11:41:09 AM »
Pac isn't anymore WestCoast than Too $hort is Southern.  Deal with it.  

I know that's y'all hero and all but don't catch feelings and call me a hater and everybody else a hater (on this side) bcuz Pac was hood hoppin'.  And actually if he was rappin about Cali and claiming BALTIMORE then it woulda made more sense.  And to tha faggie who said he's older than me, act like it.  There's no need 2 bash out and ur not talkin any knowledge- u bitched out 4 that.  

But if people (who probably havent even stepped foot in Cali) wanna go back n forth all day u got it.  Just don't act like Pac wasn't living out here MOST of his life.  This is where MOST of his inspiration came from.  He woulda been on some 6'foez and bandanna swangin shit more than the motivational/revolutionary shit.  

King of the West now would have 2 b Snoop hands down or Dr. Dre, it's really a toss up.  I'd throw Cube in that slot but dude just wasn't on the music scene strong like he was up until 99'.  Hell, if Eazy wouldn't of died he woulda been the king of the West, he had Cali and some of the Mid-West on lock, u couldn't travel half way across tha US without somebody fuckin' wit niggaz form Ruthless.  But Snoop has been crankin' since 91' and Dre has been crankin' music since 85'/86'.  Pac 1992-1996, that's not long enough.  That's just like when ppl say BIG was tha GOAT but he only dropped 3 albums and was only around for 4 yrs.  If BIG was around 2day and nothin happend and Big L woulda never got mirked, alot of us would been singing a different tune.  If Eazy wouldn't have died and Pac wouldn't have died and Cube was tryna make his music more universal (produce more albums instead of movies) then we couldn't call that shit.

ThaRealSupreme

« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2009, 11:42:02 AM »
d

well like i said the people can choose their king and it seems as if we have chosen game no matter how terrible a king he may be, but then some may say snoop, or cube its not a clear cut picture

We? I didn't have any part in that lol

I get what ur sayin tho

IF NOT ME THEN WHO

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2009, 11:47:00 AM »
when i say we i mean the west lol cuz i dint have any part in that either ???

Ridah662

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2009, 11:52:02 AM »
Pac isn't anymore WestCoast than Too $hort is Southern.  Deal with it.  

I know that's y'all hero and all but don't catch feelings and call me a hater and everybody else a hater (on this side) bcuz Pac was hood hoppin'.  And actually if he was rappin about Cali and claiming BALTIMORE then it woulda made more sense.  And to tha faggie who said he's older than me, act like it.  There's no need 2 bash out and ur not talkin any knowledge- u bitched out 4 that.  

But if people (who probably havent even stepped foot in Cali) wanna go back n forth all day u got it.  Just don't act like Pac wasn't living out here MOST of his life.  This is where MOST of his inspiration came from.  He woulda been on some 6'foez and bandanna swangin shit more than the motivational/revolutionary shit.  

King of the West now would have 2 b Snoop hands down or Dr. Dre, it's really a toss up.  I'd throw Cube in that slot but dude just wasn't on the music scene strong like he was up until 99'.  Hell, if Eazy wouldn't of died he woulda been the king of the West, he had Cali and some of the Mid-West on lock, u couldn't travel half way across tha US without somebody fuckin' wit niggaz form Ruthless.  But Snoop has been crankin' since 91' and Dre has been crankin' music since 85'/86'.  Pac 1992-1996, that's not long enough.  That's just like when ppl say BIG was tha GOAT but he only dropped 3 albums and was only around for 4 yrs.  If BIG was around 2day and nothin happend and Big L woulda never got mirked, alot of us would been singing a different tune.  If Eazy wouldn't have died and Pac wouldn't have died and Cube was tryna make his music more universal (produce more albums instead of movies) then we couldn't call that shit.

im sure u got the point regardless of wat i said & how i said it and the only fag i see catching feelings is your homo azz & wit this i wrap it up wit u & fuck knowledge on a forum do it in real life.... :)

ThaRealSupreme

« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2009, 11:54:44 AM »
when i say we i mean the west lol cuz i dint have any part in that either ???

lol Damn, that gives me even more of a reason to say fuck the west.

oak20land510-415

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2009, 11:59:31 AM »
Kick 4rm 301
Muthafuckin' Don!

« Reply #22 on: Yesterday at 11:15:43 PM »
Quote from: Ridah662 on Yesterday at 03:35:38 PM
we obviously have a few eastcoast dickriders that hate on pac and for good reason...i mean how does it feel that pac being from the east and he reppin the west...its sad, the east tried to kill pac cause their jealousy of him and how the west came up and the east fell off....so keep on hating that means the west still on top of the east even in a recession...the whole east dickrides pac for the wrong reasons and they aint makin any money at it...   

ok 1st off u bitch nigga, ain't nobody hatin' on Pac.  i know ur talkin about me bcuz of that dumbass shit u said about the East.  Ain't nobody jealous of Pac and damn sure ain't nobody hatin' on Pac. 

But lets kick it real here 4 a second, if u were from Compton and Ghostface Killah was from Compton and he moved 2 NY for a record deal and to record an album and on tha whole album and all in the interviews and all on tha everything he repped the Mid-Atlantic or the East Coast u would b like this nigga's buggin'. 

We all love and respect Pac (all over the world we do) but just bcuz he's dead and he's an icon doesn't mean muthafuckaz aint gonna keep it 100 wen it's time (Spider).   But Pac was a hoe 4 tha shit that he said/did, especially when he started tryna be a blood, that shit wasn't hot.  U ain't really here shit about "westside" thuggin', im a kalifornia rydah, and all that other westside bs until he got wit DeathRow and was hangin' around Suge.  Do ya research, before Suge u rarely caught Pac in red and throwin' up W's.  All of a sudden when he gets outta jail it's WorldWideWestside  nawty that nigga's trippin'. 

that's why he ain't come back 2 tha East like that, he knew muthafuckas was gonna eat him up out here (And for good reason).  Pac was scared 2 come out 2 the East.  Wasn't nobody jealous of Pac lol! wtf was there 2 b jealous about?  Bcuz niggaz from anotha coast was finally gettin' some radio play or a few time slots on TV lmao!?  ur buggin'...  Real niggaz ain't bout no fakin', and Pac was clearly fakin' and shit got addressed (orlando anderson was from Ny). 

I wish it ain't go down like that niether, but don't expect niggaz 2 just let u shit on em.  Jay dissed tha westside and has been out there fluently ever since, ain't nobody throwin shots at Jay... stop tryna syse (hyped) shit.  real recognize real, and Pac was cleary violatin.

Pac "king of the west" nooooo!  Dre "king of the West" or Snoop "king of the west".  Ice T is a better fit for the king of the west than Pac.  i can't argue wit lil niggas about nonsense.  ur wasting my time and everybody elses' who comes across this.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:20:00 PM by Kick 4rm 301 »

Pac was reppin tha West Coast before he went 2 deathrow you Fuckin Idiot YOU DO YOUR RESEARCH and Jay-Z don't do shows in Cali he spooked

Ridah662

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2009, 01:14:13 PM »
Kick 4rm 301
Muthafuckin' Don!

« Reply #22 on: Yesterday at 11:15:43 PM »
Quote from: Ridah662 on Yesterday at 03:35:38 PM
we obviously have a few eastcoast dickriders that hate on pac and for good reason...i mean how does it feel that pac being from the east and he reppin the west...its sad, the east tried to kill pac cause their jealousy of him and how the west came up and the east fell off....so keep on hating that means the west still on top of the east even in a recession...the whole east dickrides pac for the wrong reasons and they aint makin any money at it...   

ok 1st off u bitch nigga, ain't nobody hatin' on Pac.  i know ur talkin about me bcuz of that dumbass shit u said about the East.  Ain't nobody jealous of Pac and damn sure ain't nobody hatin' on Pac. 

But lets kick it real here 4 a second, if u were from Compton and Ghostface Killah was from Compton and he moved 2 NY for a record deal and to record an album and on tha whole album and all in the interviews and all on tha everything he repped the Mid-Atlantic or the East Coast u would b like this nigga's buggin'. 

We all love and respect Pac (all over the world we do) but just bcuz he's dead and he's an icon doesn't mean muthafuckaz aint gonna keep it 100 wen it's time (Spider).   But Pac was a hoe 4 tha shit that he said/did, especially when he started tryna be a blood, that shit wasn't hot.  U ain't really here shit about "westside" thuggin', im a kalifornia rydah, and all that other westside bs until he got wit DeathRow and was hangin' around Suge.  Do ya research, before Suge u rarely caught Pac in red and throwin' up W's.  All of a sudden when he gets outta jail it's WorldWideWestside  nawty that nigga's trippin'. 

that's why he ain't come back 2 tha East like that, he knew muthafuckas was gonna eat him up out here (And for good reason).  Pac was scared 2 come out 2 the East.  Wasn't nobody jealous of Pac lol! wtf was there 2 b jealous about?  Bcuz niggaz from anotha coast was finally gettin' some radio play or a few time slots on TV lmao!?  ur buggin'...  Real niggaz ain't bout no fakin', and Pac was clearly fakin' and shit got addressed (orlando anderson was from Ny). 

I wish it ain't go down like that niether, but don't expect niggaz 2 just let u shit on em.  Jay dissed tha westside and has been out there fluently ever since, ain't nobody throwin shots at Jay... stop tryna syse (hyped) shit.  real recognize real, and Pac was cleary violatin.

Pac "king of the west" nooooo!  Dre "king of the West" or Snoop "king of the west".  Ice T is a better fit for the king of the west than Pac.  i can't argue wit lil niggas about nonsense.  ur wasting my time and everybody elses' who comes across this.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 11:20:00 PM by Kick 4rm 301 »

Pac was reppin tha West Coast before he went 2 deathrow you Fuckin Idiot YOU DO YOUR RESEARCH and Jay-Z don't do shows in Cali he spooked

jay is spooked, puff is spooked the east know better by now, its shame biggie had to get it for them to find out....

cheali

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2009, 01:25:43 PM »
some bitches like 2pac haters will always claiming pac wasn't from the west because he was born on the east..
people forget that he was raised by the oakland community, he was a straight westcoast ridah...

therefore, kurupt was borned in midwest so who anybody is claiming he ain't from westcoast? lol..