Author Topic: [9.23] Details Leak On Dr. Dre's Partnership With Hewlett-Packard  (Read 1100 times)

k_M

• Lil Geezy
[9.23] Details Leak On Dr. Dre's Partnership With Hewlett-Packard
« on: September 24, 2009, 08:28:00 AM »
Details surrounding Dr. Dre's partnership with Hewlett-Packard have begun to circulate online with reports claiming the Aftermath labelhead will help the company compete against Apple's popular Macintosh brand of laptops.

A description of Dre's involvement with HP's new Envy laptop landed online today (September 23).

Quote:
What will make the Dr. Dre x HP Envy so special in which they declare as the 'Mac killer' is not just the sleek design but true to Dr. Dre style - it's all about the sound. The HP Envy will be the first laptop to feature a 'cutting-edge' sound system designed by Dr. Dre's sound engineers labeled 'Beats Audio.' The 'Beats Audio' sound software was developed by the same folks that engineer Dre's tracks and also helped design the Beats by Dre headphone line. According to HP, Dre has developed 'a unique, high-performance audio software solution. Available exclusively on the HP Envy, Beats Audio offers users playing music or audio through headphones or external speakers the optimal sound experience the way the artist intended it.' the HP Envy and the Dr. Dre Edition hit stores on October 18th with prices starting at a very Mac-like $1,699 and up. 

Interscope head Jimmy Iovine is also reportedly on-board for the HP partnership alongside Dre.

Quote:
HP will kick-off a range of premium laptops, headphones and software that will come under the Beats By Dr. Dre brand umbrella. Consumers had previously accepted a degree of deterioration in sound quality in exchange for the speed, portability and convenience that digital brings to music. However, with mass broadband uptake, larger files can now be moved around online with relative ease and, as a result, consumers are demanding better audio quality from their downloads." 

Iovine previously spoke on his attempt to improve digital music quality in an interview last month.

Quote:
"We have to fix the entire chain," Iovine explained. "Our position is to go to all the sources and try to improve sound and educate people...We can't put anything weak in the line. Whoever puts out things that sound bad shouldn't be as cool as something that sounds great...I just want our product to sound better. The record business committed many, many mistakes in the last ten years, and I'm right in there. One of them was letting its product get degraded. It's one thing to let it get stolen, it's another to allow it to be degraded because then you really don't have a chance...video games and TV quality are getting better and the quality of our work is getting lower. If that happens, then music will become disposable. That's something we can fix." 

The company is known for working with other high-profile artists including Jay-Z around 2006.

Quote:
Cultural icon Shawn "Jay-Z" Carter will be featured in a 60-second TV ad tonight during the NBA Finals as part of HP's "The Computer is Personal Again" marketing campaign. The spot, which makes its global debut during the June 8 game on ABC (9 p.m. ET / 6 p.m. PT), will focus on the multiple facets of Jay-Z's professional and personal life that are enhanced by computer technology. These include mixing music and discovering new talent as a record company president and chief executive officer, sharing vacation photos, reviewing the design of new arena plans for Brooklyn, N.Y., planning the itinerary for an upcoming world tour, and reviewing his retirement portfolio. 

Source: Details Leak On Dr. Dre's Partnership With Hewlett-Packard | SOHH.com

blunts40sbitches

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • The Realness
Re: [9.23] Details Leak On Dr. Dre's Partnership With Hewlett-Packard
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2009, 08:46:14 AM »
dudes sellin out more than Common

MediumL

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2009, 08:56:45 AM »

I guess most rappers are into this now. Every rapper from Wayne to Pac have consigned some brand or the other.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

DblPen

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2009, 08:57:29 AM »
how is that a selling out?

Booz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Ookkonää Oulusta, pelekääkkö nää polliisia?
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 08:59:32 AM »
how is that a selling out?
It isn't, some of these people are just so fucking stupid. It's called being a businessman and not a broke rapper who spends all of his 3 year fame money and ends up bankrupt.

Westcoastfanatic

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 09:24:04 AM »
SMH... Fuck all this hustling shit. Only thing Dre should be doing is working on Detox.
IS DETOX NEXT? Don't think so.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 11:05:40 AM »

Selling out means you go against your original principles. How has Dre sold out? He has always been about making money.

OG Hack Wilson

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 11:43:31 AM »
detox better come out
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

DblPen

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 11:48:07 AM »

Selling out means you go against your original principles. How has Dre sold out? He has always been about making money.

plus its not some bullshit product just to make some money from, like every other rapper is doing, they releasing headphones and laptops with premium sound quality,so you could listen to music and hear a diffirence. Anybody would be pround of being associate with these products

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 11:58:30 AM »
If Dre starts making songs about how we should respect women and not slap them, then he will be a sellout

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 12:07:34 PM »
I agree with Iovine about improving the sound of music.  It has went down over the past couple of decades due to poor material and poor engineers.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Blood$

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 12:09:26 PM »
wonder how much all that shit will be

Blasphemy

« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 12:38:53 PM »
If its anything like his headphones it be like this

and since snoop copies it be like this

(Mind you it would probably have some Blue Bandanna type of deal casing.

and if it was Crooked I it be this

Liqq2ThaFonk

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2009, 12:41:19 PM »

i agree

some people just dont know what sellin out means

its those wannabe hippie dudes who wanna act like they know so much about hip-hop that be saying that shit

im not saying that sellin out doesnt exist but this right here def aint sellin out

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2009, 05:29:33 PM »
"We have to fix the entire chain," Iovine explained. "Our position is to go to all the sources and try to improve sound and educate people...We can't put anything weak in the line. Whoever puts out things that sound bad shouldn't be as cool as something that sounds great...I just want our product to sound better. The record business committed many, many mistakes in the last ten years, and I'm right in there. One of them was letting its product get degraded. It's one thing to let it get stolen, it's another to allow it to be degraded because then you really don't have a chance...video games and TV quality are getting better and the quality of our work is getting lower. If that happens, then music will become disposable. That's something we can fix."

Jimmy's speaking the truth there. It's good he's recognising the disposabiliy of music these days. This is defo not selling out, Dre is a musician, and i think it's dope he's working out ways to get peak sound performance out there...