Author Topic: [9.23] Details Leak On Dr. Dre's Partnership With Hewlett-Packard  (Read 1098 times)

Hittman2001

Re: [9.23] Details Leak On Dr. Dre's Partnership With Hewlett-Packard
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2009, 05:35:44 PM »
i could've sworn dre and iovine backed apple.  they are always praising itunes and all pictures i've seen of dre in the studio he has apple computers running.  even in the in da club video brooklyn is the receptionist in the beginning with an apple computer. 

blunts40sbitches

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • The Realness
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2009, 09:18:37 PM »
I used to respect dude so much, cuz he was always on the low and never about that self promoting shit......he was strictly about the music, he didnt even do that many interviews........and now, hes comin out with 500 dollar headphones and partnering with a company that has nothin to do with his music.....fuck that, yall can stay on his dick all you want but I call it how I c it.....he needs to just stick to promoting his album with banging singles rather than this commercial bullshit.......

GangstaBoogy

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2009, 10:29:08 PM »
dudes sellin out more than Common

Wtf? Owning a computer line is selling out? I'll give you Common cuz those Old Navy commercials were cheesy as nachos, but shiit.
"House shoes & coffee: I know the paper gone come"

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2009, 12:33:01 AM »
I used to respect dude so much, cuz he was always on the low and never about that self promoting shit......he was strictly about the music, he didnt even do that many interviews........and now, hes comin out with 500 dollar headphones and partnering with a company that has nothin to do with his music.....fuck that, yall can stay on his dick all you want but I call it how I c it.....he needs to just stick to promoting his album with banging singles rather than this commercial bullshit.......

nothing to do with his music? He's partnering with a company to make a sound system. How the fuck do you listen to music?

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2009, 01:15:28 AM »

nothing to do with his music? He's partnering with a company to make a sound system. How the fuck do you listen to music?

Lol people are blind

blunts40sbitches

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • The Realness
« Reply #20 on: September 25, 2009, 01:52:44 PM »

youre a fuckin retard...thats like saying Sony and Panasonic helped the elevation of the art of hip hop....cuz people used Sony walkman to bump their music in.....yall need to stop getting brainwashed by these ignorant rappers pushin that "Oh Im not a rapper, I'm a hustler that knows how to rap" bullshit and brainwashing you stupid fucks into thinking that making art and making money is the same thing......

Action!

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2009, 02:54:45 PM »
You can't sell out in a capitalistic country.
Cool breeze; I'm hopping out of new Beams
My outfit ran me a few G's but none of that will matter if you leave
I used to be an Adam with two Eves and shawtys automatically do me
Excuse me, all that happened before you doesn't matter
I'm a vision of the future climbing the success ladder
Recline, in the mean time, twenty three shine, diamond bling blind as I rewind
- Banks

Paul

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2009, 03:06:32 PM »
 :grumpy: at some of the people on this thread
funkyfreshintheflesh

Nutty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2009, 03:16:05 PM »
dudes sellin out more than Common

Selling out means you go against your original principles. How has Dre sold out? He has always been about making money.

Can't hate the man for doing that, aren't we all tryna get a piece of the pie?

You can't sell out in a capitalistic country.

lol.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2009, 03:18:30 PM »

youre a fuckin retard...thats like saying Sony and Panasonic helped the elevation of the art of hip hop....cuz people used Sony walkman to bump their music in.....yall need to stop getting brainwashed by these ignorant rappers pushin that "Oh Im not a rapper, I'm a hustler that knows how to rap" bullshit and brainwashing you stupid fucks into thinking that making art and making money is the same thing......

no need to catch feelings....but a producer putting their name behind a brand of headphones that they use to make music sounds legit to me.

You don't think the walkman influenced music? You don't think the boom box had a huge influence for people bumping rap on the corners? What about car sound systems? Without those there wouldn't even be such a genre as "music to ride to." I suppose you think Kanye West would have had a career without Pro Tools? Bullshit, he'd still be down in his mom's basement complaining about his life. Hip hop has always had a connection to material objects and you're a fool to deny this. Some of the most classic songs in hip hop could be considered commercials. My Adidas by Run DMC, Gin and Juice by Snoop, etc etc.

No one said making art and making money is the same thing. But Dre has been in it for the money from day one. The guy started his rap career rapping about being a gangsta and smacking hoes for christ's sake, a lifestyle he has never lived (okay, maybe the slapping bitches part was true). So don't pretend like Dre has ever been about anything different. Why the fuck do you think he signed 50 Cent? Would you call 50 Cent's music art? No, obviously Dre backs 50 because he's good at making pop songs and he sells well. Why do you think Dre produced Snoop's album and not anyone else's during the Death Row era ? Because Snoop was the one with the most buzz. You are delusional to think anything different.

blunts40sbitches

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
  • The Realness
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2009, 06:35:30 PM »

no need to catch feelings....but a producer putting their name behind a brand of headphones that they use to make music sounds legit to me.

You don't think the walkman influenced music? You don't think the boom box had a huge influence for people bumping rap on the corners? What about car sound systems? Without those there wouldn't even be such a genre as "music to ride to." I suppose you think Kanye West would have had a career without Pro Tools? Bullshit, he'd still be down in his mom's basement complaining about his life. Hip hop has always had a connection to material objects and you're a fool to deny this. Some of the most classic songs in hip hop could be considered commercials. My Adidas by Run DMC, Gin and Juice by Snoop, etc etc.

No one said making art and making money is the same thing. But Dre has been in it for the money from day one. The guy started his rap career rapping about being a gangsta and smacking hoes for christ's sake, a lifestyle he has never lived (okay, maybe the slapping bitches part was true). So don't pretend like Dre has ever been about anything different. Why the fuck do you think he signed 50 Cent? Would you call 50 Cent's music art? No, obviously Dre backs 50 because he's good at making pop songs and he sells well. Why do you think Dre produced Snoop's album and not anyone else's during the Death Row era ? Because Snoop was the one with the most buzz. You are delusional to think anything different.

when Dre raps about lowriders and cognac.....hes incorporating those products INTO the music, cuz theyre part of the culture he wants to portray.....kinda like how Adidas is to Run DMC......I dont see how hes doing that by signing a deal with HP.....whatever....like I said, Fuck Dre for doing petty shit like this....hes got all the money in the world, he should stick to making better music.....and yall need to stop gettin all butt hurt just cuz I called ya man a sellout.....I call it how I see it, yall aint gotta agree with me
« Last Edit: September 25, 2009, 06:39:30 PM by blunts40sbitches »

da chronic

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2009, 06:37:52 PM »
^^^
what's the problem ? The purpose is to bring good sound quality to the masses...

Its not like he's selling dr.dre socks.

The D.O.C and

Jimmy H.

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2009, 07:14:56 PM »
If Dre's a sell-out, he's a pretty lousy one. He's one of the only major names in hip-hop who hasn't ventured into clothing lines and such. His endorsement deals are mostly tied into music. You'd think if he was really just in it for the money, he'd have struck when the iron was hot about 10 years ago and gone the Diddy or 50 Cent route.

Hatesrats™

• Tha Drunk Gem-in-I
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • "Gz Up, Hoes Down"
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2009, 07:27:05 PM »
That's why "Detox" has been delayed for a decade? ;)

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2009, 08:01:30 PM »

when Dre raps about lowriders and cognac.....hes incorporating those products INTO the music, cuz theyre part of the culture he wants to portray.....kinda like how Adidas is to Run DMC......I dont see how hes doing that by signing a deal with HP.....whatever....like I said, Fuck Dre for doing petty shit like this....hes got all the money in the world, he should stick to making better music.....and yall need to stop gettin all butt hurt just cuz I called ya man a sellout.....I call it how I see it, yall aint gotta agree with me

Headphones are definitely a part of Dre's lifestyle. Dre has never been into the clothing or shoes or the other aspects of hip hop culture like other rappers are. He's a producer. He's always been the guy in the studio making music, so headphones are a natural choice for him. This is no different than Lupe Fiasco and skateboards.