Author Topic: The 2000's classic albums  (Read 2035 times)

OG Hack Wilson

Re: The 2000's classic albums
« Reply #45 on: September 25, 2009, 04:11:33 PM »
1995 Classics:
GZA - Liquid Swords
Dogg Pound - Dogg Food
Mack 10 - selftitled
Raekwon - Only Built For Cuban Linx
ODB - Return to the 36 Chambers.
Tupac - Me against the world
E-40 - In A Major Way
Big L - Lifestylez ov da poor & Dangerous
Mob Deep -Infamous
BTNH - E1999 Eternal
Onys - All We Got Iz us
Coolio Gangsters Paradise
EAZY-E - Straight off tha streets of compton

13 in 1 year, some are up for debate but that's atleast a classic every months, and you guys are saying there have bern no or a handfull classics in the alst 10 years while there were atleast 12 in 1 year in 1995...

I doubt you would find a lot of people who consider all of those albums you listed as classics.
probally atleast half, which would mean a classic every 2 months which still proves my point :P

Hack how can you list OB4CLII as a classic but not the first part?

those 5 CDs i selected were MEGA classics

OB$CL is a classic but not a mega classic lol
Quote from: Now_I_Know on September 10, 2001, 04:19:36 PM
This guy aint no crip, and I'm 100% sure on that because he doesn't type like a crip, I know crips, and that fool is not a crip.

"I went from being homeless strung out on Dust to an 8 bedroom estate signed 2 1 of my fav rappers... Pump it up jokes can't hurt me."-- Mr. Joey Buddens

MediumL

« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2009, 04:14:29 PM »
In terms of influencing the game i'd say OB4CL >>> any of those other albums from 95.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/DjGVAwyb454</a>

Chad Vader

« Reply #47 on: September 25, 2009, 04:40:02 PM »
In terms of influencing the game I'd say OB4CL >>> any of those other albums from 95.

pretty much.... Bone's album influenced a lot of cats as well.

ikke

« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2009, 04:58:05 PM »
1995 Classics:
GZA - Liquid Swords
Dogg Pound - Dogg Food
Mack 10 - selftitled
Raekwon - Only Built For Cuban Linx
ODB - Return to the 36 Chambers.
Tupac - Me against the world
E-40 - In A Major Way
Big L - Lifestylez ov da poor & Dangerous
Mob Deep -Infamous
BTNH - E1999 Eternal
Onys - All We Got Iz us
Coolio Gangsters Paradise
EAZY-E - Straight off tha streets of compton

13 in 1 year, some are up for debate but that's atleast a classic every months, and you guys are saying there have bern no or a handfull classics in the alst 10 years while there were atleast 12 in 1 year in 1995...

I doubt you would find a lot of people who consider all of those albums you listed as classics.
probally atleast half, which would mean a classic every 2 months which still proves my point :P

Hack how can you list OB4CLII as a classic but not the first part?

those 5 CDs i selected were MEGA classics

OB$CL is a classic but not a mega classic lol
and this is coming from hack, who only listens to artists he likes and doesn't give a fuck about anybody else's opinion in music.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #49 on: September 25, 2009, 09:35:58 PM »
LMAO...

This thread is about the last 10 years, not 20 years ago. How many muthaphukkaz actually remember half that shit other than listening to your big brothers radio. In 1991, I was 10 listening to the radio well my cousins talked about how the early 80's shit on what's out now, and in 1995 I was 14 thinking everything was the greatest shit out, the same way some 14 year old right now has his Soulja Boy and Lil' Wayne MP3s on repeat right now.

I'm saying this right now, FUCK THE 90's. I love the 90's, I was a teen in the 90's, 80% of my CDs and MP3s are from the 90's, but it's muthaphukkin' 2009l, we just had 10 years of a whole new decade that is about to end, I'm not 14, I'm pushing 30 now, and the same way my cousins felt in 1995, they said that everyone's said everything that needs to be said, there's no creativity anymore, that gangsta rap was killing Hip-Hop making rap music seem like mindless hood tales, is how everyone here now feels about hip-hop now. Hip-Hop may not be worst than 15 years ago, it's just could be different.

Now please, lets try to stay in modern times, and lets be real, there were some classics in the last 10 years. Because to be a classic, an album has to stand the test of time so it's hard to judge the last 5 years, but we still have some shit that's change the game.

Eminem Show I think brought Hip-Hop to a level in mainstream America were you knew REAL hip-hop could be accepted, not just the Dr. Dre pumped Eminem sound.

Stillmatic was solid from front to back, and the last 3 songs straight after 9-11 changed Hip-Hop and gave birth to a new type of political rap that people like Immortal Technique and Talib Kweli borrowed from.

Blueprint was the most solid and well produced album of the decade, and it gave birth to that Kanye chipmunk style that dominated the decade.

College Dropout IMO was the best album of the decade, bar none.

Get Rich or Die Trying was a cut from old school street albums, like It's On (Dr. Dre) and Streetz Iz A Mutha, and was a straight streets classic that actually hit the mainstream and was one of the highest selling albums of all time.

We've had some great shit the last 10 years. Yeah there's been some crap, but we forgot the shit that was No Limit Records in the late 90's, or Tim Dog in the 80's and 90's and credible artist co-signing that shit.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2009, 10:07:23 PM »
Eminem Show I think brought Hip-Hop to a level in mainstream America were you knew REAL hip-hop could be accepted, not just the Dr. Dre pumped Eminem sound.

I know I'm going to catch some flack for this......  :laugh:
But to call that piece of shit jEM jEM binks real hip hop is  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X >:(
His shit is so beyond Hip Hop.... some shit.... well I can´t relate,it's soooo far away from what I know as Hip Hop.

You can't relate, you can't relate. Don't make it less Hip-Hop, nor does it make your opinion less relevant. But dude had more skill than anyone in the decade not name Nas, and he was the highest selling artist in the decade. You can't relate, fine, but his shit is real Hip-Hop.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/vIGV4Vhdvcc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/vIGV4Vhdvcc&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/aSn9x83c3F4&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/aSn9x83c3F4&amp;hl=en&amp;fs=1&amp;</a>

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #51 on: September 25, 2009, 10:40:02 PM »

I know I'm going to catch some flack for this......  :laugh:
But to call that piece of shit real hip hop is  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X >:(
.......well I can´t relate,it's soooo far away from what I know as Hip Hop.

You can't relate, you can't relate. Don't make it less Hip-Hop, nor does it make your opinion less relevant. But dude had more skill than anyone in the decade not name Nas, and he was the highest selling artist in the decade. You can't relate, fine, but his shit is real Hip-Hop.

skills yes,a very,very talented cat.
hip hop NO!!!!!!!!
some rap rock hybrid yes.... that the white jackass generation can relate to.... fine.  ;)

but please don't mix that crap up with hip hop.
now let me do a backspin and hit up a train while listening to soul sonic force  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
that's hip hop  ;)

LOL

There use to be a rule, no biting allow. Another words, don't bit others style, be original. THAT'S HIP-HOP! It's what make Cypress Hill as hip-hop as Onyx, and as hip-hop as Warren G and as hip-hop as Outkast and as hip-hop as Kanye West, and as hip-hop as Wu-Tang and as hip-hop as the Furious 5 and as hip-hop as Ice Cube and as hip-hop as Pete Rock and CL Smooth. Hip-Hop takes from everything, there was rock in Run DMC's sound, and there was so funk in what Dr. Dre was doing, and there was some old soulful R&B in what Kanye's doing. It's all hip-hop, the is no set style other than no biting allowed.

ikke

« Reply #52 on: September 25, 2009, 10:48:52 PM »
People always say the past is better, it wasn't it was different.
We only consider it better because of the memories we've attached to a certain time.

I may be young but even I have atached certain nostalgic value to the past.

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #53 on: September 25, 2009, 11:13:17 PM »

I know I'm going to catch some flack for this......  :laugh:
But to call that piece of shit real hip hop is  :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X >:(
.......well I can't relate,it's soooo far away from what I know as Hip Hop.

skills yes,a very,very talented cat.
hip hop NO!!!!!!!!
some rap rock hybrid yes.... that the white jackass generation can relate to.... fine.  ;)

but please don't mix that crap up with hip hop.
now let me do a backspin and hit up a train while listening to soul sonic force  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
that's hip hop  ;)

LOL

There use to be a rule, no biting allow. Another words, don't bit others style, be original. THAT'S HIP-HOP! It's what make Cypress Hill as hip-hop as Onyx, and as hip-hop as Warren G and as hip-hop as Outkast and as hip-hop as Kanye West, and as hip-hop as Wu-Tang and as hip-hop as the Furious 5 and as hip-hop as Ice Cube and as hip-hop as Pete Rock and CL Smooth. Hip-Hop takes from everything, there was rock in Run DMC's sound, and there was so funk in what Dr. Dre was doing, and there was some old soulful R&B in what Kanye's doing. It's all hip-hop, the is no set style other than no biting allowed.

True... but Cypress,Cube etc. ain't Hip Hop either.
They do gangster rap,but that shit is still closer to "Hip Hop" than Em and his rock rap hybrid.
It's a far stretch to call Em's solo albums real hip hop.....
The stuff he did on 8 Mile on the other hand,like "Rabbit Run".... that's hip hop  ;)

You know what I mean right?

I see what you mean, but I don't agree. Hip-Hop is not a set formula, it's a culture. It's an individual expression. I see you view hip-hop as solely what was done in the 70's and early 80's, but I think you'd find people like Grandmaster Flash, KRS-One, Melle Mel, Grandmaster Caz and Kool Herc would agree that Eminem is Hip-Hop.

ikke

« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2009, 12:37:22 AM »

Hip Hop is what is it is.... what most if not all cats do these days ain't hip hop.
nothing wrong with that,it evolved to a gang of signore's and out of all these (gangster rap,mob music,hyphy,alternative rap/backpack,bounce,crunk etc.)..... the only rap sub-genere I feel is so left field to it's original form that I can't listen to it is the rap-rock hybrid one that Kid Rock,Em and co rocks..... it's all the same to me. Let me turn the tables; it's rock with rap.....  :-\

according to this theory when a black man and a white woman have a baby the baby is neither black or white.
It don't make sense lol.

It's a sub-culture of hiphop, so still part of the hip hop culture.

Chad Vader

« Reply #55 on: September 26, 2009, 01:06:17 AM »

Hip Hop is what is it is.... what most if not all cats do these days ain't hip hop.
nothing wrong with that,it evolved to a gang of sub-genres and out of all these (gangster rap,mob music,hyphy,alternative rap/backpack,bounce,crunk etc.)..... the only rap sub-genre I feel is so left field to it's original form that I can't listen to it is the rap-rock hybrid one that Kid Rock,Em and co rocks..... it's all the same to me. Let me turn the tables; it's rock with rap.....  :-\

according to this theory when a black man and a white woman have a baby the baby is neither black or white.
It don't make sense lol.

It's a sub-culture genre of hiphop, so still part of the hip hop culture.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
anyway;
sub-genre not subculture... ;) Hip Hop culture; rap,graffiti and breaking  ;)

OK,how about sub-genre of rock,so it's part of rock?  :P ;)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 02:33:37 PM by Vader »

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #56 on: September 26, 2009, 06:38:21 AM »

nothing wrong with that,it evolved to a gang of signore's and out of all these (gangster rap,mob music,hyphy,alternative rap/backpack,bounce,crunk etc.)..... the only rap sub-genre I feel is so left field to it's original form that I can't listen to it is the rap-rock hybrid one that Kid Rock,Em and co rocks..... it's all the same to me. Let me turn the tables; it's rock with rap.....  :-\

It don't make sense lol.

anyway;
sub-genre not subculture... ;) Hip Hop culture; rap,graffiti and breaking  ;)

OK,how about sub-genre of rock,so it's part of rock?  :P ;)

in that case, it's pretty sad how rappers brag that rap is so lyrical & 98% of its history has been outdone by some sub-genre rocker. ;D

Portugoal

« Reply #57 on: September 26, 2009, 06:41:50 AM »
i vote for this vader dude to be banned

Paul

« Reply #58 on: September 26, 2009, 06:49:13 AM »

nothing wrong with that,it evolved to a gang of signore's and out of all these (gangster rap,mob music,hyphy,alternative rap/backpack,bounce,crunk etc.)..... the only rap sub-genre I feel is so left field to it's original form that I can't listen to it is the rap-rock hybrid one that Kid Rock,Em and co rocks..... it's all the same to me. Let me turn the tables; it's rock with rap.....  :-\

It don't make sense lol.

anyway;
sub-genre not subculture... ;) Hip Hop culture; rap,graffiti and breaking  ;)

OK,how about sub-genre of rock,so it's part of rock?  :P ;)

in that case, it's pretty sad how rappers brag that rap is so lyrical & 98% of its history has been outdone by some sub-genre rocker. ;D

lol, how Em is anything but a straight up mc i dont know

i vote for this vader dude to be banned

haha
funkyfreshintheflesh

DblPen

• Muthafuckin' OG
« Reply #59 on: September 26, 2009, 10:15:34 AM »
saying that eminem isnt hip-hop is as dumb as saying Elvis wasnt rock n roll. saying that eminem is hip-hop-rock hybrid is even dumber. I mean, no offence, but dude, something is really fucked up with your brains, or whatever you have up there...