Author Topic: Producers - opinions on soundfonts, etc.  (Read 572 times)

Trauma-san

Producers - opinions on soundfonts, etc.
« on: November 06, 2002, 01:24:52 AM »
Sup, Killaz! Anybody know anything about sound blaster soundfonts? What's your computer setup like... I just replaced my sound card with a sb. live so I could expand the soundfonts... I've been lookin' for some nice synth basses (think funk and What's my Name?), and some kickin' drum samples.  How do yall usually do your beats?  Got any MIDI experience?  Lemme Know.  Peace~

Gate Won

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re:Producers - opinions on soundfonts, etc.
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2002, 02:02:12 AM »
get urself a copy of REASON folks
Clik Here
http://gatewonproduct.cjb.net

"Without struggle, there is no progress...."

"In order to hold a man down, u must also stay down with him"

"If You Make It To the Top, Don't Forget To Send That Elevator Bac Down"

Trauma-san

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2002, 02:35:55 AM »
Uh.... HELL YEAH, lol.  That thing sounds dope as hell.  Here's what i'm doin'

My computer's a 466 or somethin' like that, nothing special but I've never had problems recording.  I've got plenty of ram, 250 or so, maybe more.  Plenty of Hard Disc room, 80 megs, I think.  I've got a decent keyboard, with decent sounds, but I'm thinking of just using it as a midi controller.  Now I've got this sound blaster live card, so I can change the soundfonts... I use cakewalk to record with, it's amazing, I love it.  I'm looking for tons of effects and patches so I can have tons of instruments, not just the ones on my soundcard and this keyboard.  This program you just flashed at me seems pretty cool.  

Gate Won

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2002, 04:21:30 PM »
man this uses soundfonts & MIDI
(not 2 mention the 2 FULL CDs worth of
sound samples it COMES with
& there are various sound/sample refills u can get
i juss got a strings refill that was like 170 MB the other day)
if u didnt lay ure eyes on these pix while u were there....
it be a dam shame if u didnt clik these:

FRONT

BAC

SEQUENCER

;D

Doggystylin

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2002, 06:44:40 PM »
yeah i use a keyboard for makin beats, all these computer programs are jus too much trouble

Now_Im_Not_Banned

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2002, 07:56:17 PM »
yeah i use a keyboard for makin beats, all these computer programs are jus too much trouble

LoL@u make beats?

Trauma-san

« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2002, 08:12:35 PM »
Man, this thing looks crazy.  I downloaded the demo mp3 they made on it, and it's unbelievable

//:in-DIJI-nouz..

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2002, 01:10:29 AM »
Personally I don't like Reason. If your gonna go Midi, I would do it like this... you got your controller so thats cool, for sounds you should get a Roland XV 5080 (or 5050) and an E-Mu Mo Phatt, for a Midi/Audio sequencer (where you can sequence your midi tracks and record and mix vocals with) get Cubase SX, for plug-ins the top of the line shit is Waves Native Gold Plugins but u got lots of options in this case so you can can go down to guitar center and ask them whats some good plugings for a reasonable price... but I'm telling you, if your not willin' to spend a grip of money, midi definatly aint worth it. I would make beats by sampling... not sampling in the sense of sampling from other songs (although that is a source of samples), but sampling in the sense of .WAV samples which you can download off the net or buy sample CD's which come packed with .WAV samples (depending on which CD's you buy)... if you go this way, you can use an MPC as a sequencer or even FRUITYLOOPS which is HIGHLY underrated and is actually really powerful! You can even buy external plugins and use em in FL. Or if you wanna use FL, you can use it as a VSTi in Cubase SX, and then you can use audio and midi really easily and control everything from audio to midi in fruityloops and sequence it in cubase.... theres alotta options... i dont know too much about soundfonts altho i'm trying to learn. I know they can be used in fruityloops tho....

GATEWON: does the sample CDs and refill cds that come with reason contain .WAV versions of all the samples?

Gate Won

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2002, 03:37:30 PM »
no....they come in .RFL (REFILL) format
although u may use stand-alone
.WAVs, SOUNDFONTS ect ect in items in the rac
such as: the 2 digital samplers, ect
there a bunch of other file formats
that go along with certain componets of the application
also, i think PROPELLERHEADS (company that made it)
did it like that on purpose so u
wouldnt be able 2 xtract the samples
and use them on a different app
(such as CUBASE)

yes...FRUITY LOOPs in the RIGHT HANDS
can be a powerful tool.....
but anything it can do,
REASON blows it out of the water
with its attributes

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2002, 03:39:31 PM »
reason aint a shit compared to Logic :)

Gate Won

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2002, 11:33:59 PM »
yea, well i wouldnt know cuz i cant find
a version of the new release thats been craked 4 the MAC yet >:(
cuz the MAC hax havent popped its cherry yet,
when they do.....its on

//:in-DIJI-nouz..

• Lil Geezy
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2002, 03:33:53 AM »
by the way, Mac bought out Emagic, so for all you windows users... stay away from using Logic, unless you dont mind using 5.0 for the rest of your music making career.

I-Bo: Logic is not comparable to Reason, they are not the same kinda program. Logic is a midi/audio sequencer. Reason is partly that, but much more, altho it is not as powerful as Logic in that aspect.

So far I haven't run into many things in FL that I would want to do that I can't, so I don't believe Reason would do me any good, since I already don't like it. One of the things I'm waiting for fruityloops to support though is ReWire so that I can use Reason as a synth in Fruityloops, cause I've heard its got some killer ass sounds, and I don't doubt that they blow the FL sonds outta the water. I hardly ever use fruityloops sounds though anyways, but I would love to take advantage of Reason's sounds.

Maestro Minded

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2002, 05:13:46 PM »
by the way, Mac bought out Emagic, so for all you windows users... stay away from using Logic, unless you dont mind using 5.0 for the rest of your music making career.

I-Bo: Logic is not comparable to Reason, they are not the same kinda program. Logic is a midi/audio sequencer. Reason is partly that, but much more, altho it is not as powerful as Logic in that aspect.

So far I haven't run into many things in FL that I would want to do that I can't, so I don't believe Reason would do me any good, since I already don't like it. One of the things I'm waiting for fruityloops to support though is ReWire so that I can use Reason as a synth in Fruityloops, cause I've heard its got some killer ass sounds, and I don't doubt that they blow the FL sonds outta the water. I hardly ever use fruityloops sounds though anyways, but I would love to take advantage of Reason's sounds.

The only thing Logic is missing that Reason have is a drum machine

Doggystylin

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2002, 07:44:14 PM »

LoL@u make beats?

every once in a while

ZILLA THA GOODFELLA

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • www.servnu151.com + www.turfdout.com
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2002, 09:16:15 PM »
Yea I use REASON 2 make my shit......It's hella difficult tho, It takes me ages makin my shit......

And WORD on Fruity Loops is a powerful tool when it is in tha RIGHT HANDS......I totally agree.

Wit my crew we go to this studio in South Bay and this guy has like hella shit hooked up 2 Fruity Loops and he makes MAGIC! This guy makes shit for Cellski and alot other rappers in da bay, so go figure......

Suga Foot too man, Some of his shit is unbelivable for fruity loops, if he gets shit hooked up to it, He could create some "Like WHOA" type of shit lolol

REGGAE MEETS THE WEST BAY MIXTAPE IN STORES NOW !!

TRENCH TOWN HUSTLAZ - YOUNG N HUNGRY
COMING IN 2008.
FEATURING: SAN QUINN, THE JACKA (MOB FIGAZ), DUBEE, TELLY MAC (THA GAMBLAZ) MR. KEE, 10SION, LIL RIC, PROHOEZAK, ARSEN & MORE.

www.myspace.com/trenchtownhustlaz

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYY AREAAAAAAAAAAA.. WEST OF THE WATER! COME SEE US!!