Author Topic: Records Stores + Hip-Hop Performences at NYC  (Read 99 times)

green-eyed bandit

• 'G'
Records Stores + Hip-Hop Performences at NYC
« on: September 25, 2009, 03:58:19 AM »
I'm going to NYC in a couple of weeks. The ideal moment to purchase a lot of CD's! (Belgium really sucks big time if you want to buy good Hip-Hop albums) What stores do you recommend?

Also, are there clubs/festivals etc where Hip-Hop artists perform on a regular basis? Just to let you know: I don't want to see R&B or Pop Hip-Hop, but the real shit! ;-)

Thanks!

NobodyButMe

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • OB - Original Boardster
Re: Records Stores + Hip-Hop Performences at NYC
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2009, 10:38:55 AM »
on the real...i live in NYC and there's very few good music stores...'best buy' is always a reliable one if you're talkin new releases...there's this place called 'disc-o-rama' (there's like 3 or 4 for them) that's pretty for diggin around in.

but all of the good shops are on the west coast b/c most of the good ones over here shut down (everybody downloading)

performances - check out websites for bb kings on 42nd, maybe irving plaza around 14th, and maybe S.O.B.'s on the westside...

green-eyed bandit

• 'G'
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2009, 06:15:24 AM »
Thanks a lot for the info!

How about Tower Records / FYE (Formerly Sam Goody) / Fat Beats? I'v read that Virgin Megastore has closed its doors recently. Will it re-open again?

Chad Vader

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2009, 06:24:42 AM »

Not sure what you're exactly looking for,but this one is the next best thing to Fat Beats and Tower; RIP  :'(
AllTheRightRecords in Queens  ;)