Author Topic: Crooked I – Pig Face, Weapon Waist artwork and tracklisting  (Read 2454 times)

Jimmy H.

Re: Crooked I – Pig Face, Weapon Waist artwork
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2009, 10:50:47 PM »
Let's just keep it real, if Crooked I suddenly switches up to that "Miami" sound, he's going to instantly lose his main fan base. Those are the people who kept him relevant the last 10 or so years. The industry will recognize this as selling out and it will not work to his advantage.

The risk is in no way worth it.
That's what I was trying to get at in so many ways. The dude is from Florida so he assumes because people over there are getting played doing that that anyone can just adopt that style and it's gonna be money. But the artists that are getting that love are people who are established out there. But this is also the same guy who thinks Cube needs to do albums full of straight R&B features. Honestly, the dude confuses me because he seems like he'd rather see an artist be a household name and drop wack-ass music that sounds like everybody else than just let them do what they do and let the cards fall where they may.

love33

« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2009, 02:39:20 PM »
Let's just keep it real, if Crooked I suddenly switches up to that "Miami" sound, he's going to instantly lose his main fan base. Those are the people who kept him relevant the last 10 or so years. The industry will recognize this as selling out and it will not work to his advantage.

He's not making any money with that fanbase anyway so what's the difference? If he moved to Miami, he would have Cool & Dre, and Scott Storch in his backyard, and be able to hookup with Mannie Fresh too (imagine, Crook over a Mannie beat -- now that's heat!).  Plus, the networking capabilities are endless in Miami...all the big platinum ballers party in Miami -- he could link up with Diddy and make some good connections through him.  Where he's at right now, there's no producers, there's no solid connections, and for some reason he doesn't record with The Game or Snoop.  So what is he really even doing there? He could easily become a house name if he moved to the 305.

J.E.

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2009, 02:41:46 PM »

He's not making any money with that fanbase anyway so what's the difference? If he moved to Miami, he would have Cool & Dre, and Scott Storch in his backyard, and be able to hookup with Mannie Fresh too (imagine, Crook over a Mannie beat -- now that's heat!).  Plus, the networking capabilities are endless in Miami...all the big platinum ballers party in Miami -- he could link up with Diddy and make some good connections through him.  Where he's at right now, there's no producers, there's no solid connections, and for some reason he doesn't record with The Game or Snoop.  So what is he really even doing there? He could easily become a house name if he moved to the 305.

Maaaan, you type so much shit that my eyes hurt.

EFFeX

« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2009, 03:08:04 PM »

You DO realize that Snoop is on Weapon Waist right?

Jimmy H.

« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2009, 03:16:04 PM »
How do you know he ain't making money? On the other hand, how do you know that just because he goes over there that all of them artists are just gonna accept that and give this guy the keys like he's that important to their movement? Crook has a good thing going with "Slaughterhouse". it makes no sense from my perspective for him to just suddenly switch up and hit up Florida like it's the only place that it can happen for him. I get that Miami seems like the "place to be" because it's your backyard but it's not gonna be that important to every artist out here. You don't think Cali has networking possibilties out there? Or New York? Or where ever? Just because an artist comes down to Miami doesn't mean that they automatically get a pass to go into the studio with Cool & Dre or Storch or whatever producers ride out there. If those producers are feeling you, it's gonna happen. You going out there ain't suddenly gonna make your music more appealing to them.

EFFeX

« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2009, 03:19:03 PM »
How do you know he ain't making money? On the other hand, how do you know that just because he goes over there that all of them artists are just gonna accept that and give this guy the keys like he's that important to their movement? Crook has a good thing going with "Slaughterhouse". it makes no sense from my perspective for him to just suddenly switch up and hit up Florida like it's the only place that it can happen for him. I get that Miami seems like the "place to be" because it's your backyard but it's not gonna be that important to every artist out here. You don't think Cali has networking possibilties out there? Or New York? Or where ever? Just because an artist comes down to Miami doesn't mean that they automatically get a pass to go into the studio with Cool & Dre or Storch or whatever producers ride out there. If those producers are feeling you, it's gonna happen. You going out there ain't suddenly gonna make your music more appealing to them.

Crooked has a very good thing going with Slaughterhouse, think about the touring alone...

Paid Dues Tour, Rock The Bells Tour, 50 city tour with Tech N9ne, random club venues. These guys have been grinding hard and people are taking notice. This is a good thing and there's no need for him to switch up the formula now, people are listening... finally.

JohnnyL

« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2009, 09:08:03 PM »
Here's a little interview with Royce and Crooked I at the 50 Cent Concert.  I saw it on another forum, but I don't think it's been posted here yet.  They ask Crooked when he's gonna drop "Pig Face, Weapon Waste," and he kind of sidestepped the question.  He pretty much just says he's going to hold back and let Royce release "Street Hop" first.  So, still no date, but it looks like there's little to no chance of it dropping this month.  And the wait continues...

EFFeX

« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2009, 09:44:49 PM »
Here's a little interview with Royce and Crooked I at the 50 Cent Concert.  I saw it on another forum, but I don't think it's been posted here yet.  They ask Crooked when he's gonna drop "Pig Face, Weapon Waste," and he kind of sidestepped the question.  He pretty much just says he's going to hold back and let Royce release "Street Hop" first.  So, still no date, but it looks like there's little to no chance of it dropping this month.  And the wait continues...

Yeah that was like a punch to the face, LOL

JohnnyL

« Reply #53 on: October 06, 2009, 05:42:49 AM »

Yeah that was like a punch to the face, LOL

Lol.  I know, man.  It's crazy.  I wish he'd at least put out the single.  Give people something to keep them interested.

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2009, 11:08:00 AM »
Mickey from Treacherous dropped this over his twitter.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2009, 11:14:05 AM by pootypooty »

Lunatic

« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2009, 11:12:11 AM »
Mickey from Treacherous dropped this over his twitter.

dope cover
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2009, 11:42:41 AM »
http://www.twitlonger.com/show/ka6d

Notice he didn't include the Raekwon track that was originally supposed to be on the album? Hmmm....

Also he didn't include the other Slaughter House track called "Monumental". WTF?

Here's the track listing to Crooked I's Mr. Pigface Weapon Waist EP

1. Intro produced by Cosmos
2. Mr. Pigface produced by 21
3. Shoulda Made a Phone Call Feat. K-Young produced by Frequecy
4. One More Time produced by P.Silva
5. Guess Who's Back Feat. Snoop Dogg produced by Scram Jones
6. Cypher Feat. Horse Shoe G.A.N.G and Royce Da 5'9" produced by Komplex
7. Woodstock Feat. Slaughterhouse & M.O.P produced by Nottz

EFFeX

« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2009, 12:00:33 PM »

Notice he didn't include the Raekwon track that was originally supposed to be on the album? Hmmm....

I guess he felt it was best not to include the Raekwon song... ?

Which by the way apparently featured Edi and ConiYac

JohnnyL

« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2009, 01:42:20 PM »

I guess he felt it was best not to include the Raekwon song... ?

Which by the way apparently featured Edi and ConiYac

It's kind of disappointing that the "Monumental" track and the track with Raekwon were both left off.  I can understand him having to leave the Raekwon track off though.  As a fan of both artists, I imagine that track would've been one of the highlights of this e.p., but with everything that went down between Budden and Raekwon, I can understand his reasoning for not including it.  No idea why he wouldn't include the "Monumental" track with Slaughterhouse though.  At least it looks as though this e.p. may finally be getting close to being released though.

pootypooty

• Muthafuckin' Don!
Re: Crooked I – Pig Face, Weapon Waist artwork and tracklisting
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2009, 01:48:11 PM »
If he's including Woodstock on the EP, does that mean the EP will be FREE since Woodstock originally couldn't be cleared for the Slaughter House album?