Author Topic: Crooked I – Pig Face, Weapon Waist artwork and tracklisting  (Read 2483 times)

Episcop Cruel Cvrle

Re: Crooked I – Pig Face, Weapon Waist artwork
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2009, 06:36:14 AM »
Release the mother*peep* thing already !!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

SLAUGHTERHOUSE PLAYER YOU ALREADY KNOW THO,A PIG IS OUR LOGO, BUT WE AINT THA PO-PO

WWW.DYNASTYENTGROUP.COM    WWW.THEBOSSBOARD.COM

love33

« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2009, 10:07:23 AM »
That's the lamest album title he could possibly come up with.  Don't even bother putting any club jams, autotune, or R&B hooks on there -- I'm sure a lot of women are going to want to cop some album called "Pig Face".  LOL.  Focus on the record sales and come correct Crook.  Now "Say Hi To Tha Bad Guy" was a good title.

EFFeX

« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2009, 11:05:39 AM »
That's the lamest album title he could possibly come up with.  Don't even bother putting any club jams, autotune, or R&B hooks on there -- I'm sure a lot of women are going to want to cop some album called "Pig Face".  LOL.  Focus on the record sales and come correct Crook.  Now "Say Hi To Tha Bad Guy" was a good title.

I believe Crooked specifically stated that this project is going to be directed at the streets, I don't think the material on it is going to be soft by any means.

gio™fugahoo

« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2009, 12:09:42 PM »
i hope snoop is still on the mixtape
cause next crooked say he wanna keep the song for an album
and the we have to wait again......years

EFFeX

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2009, 03:57:17 PM »
i hope snoop is still on the mixtape
cause next crooked say he wanna keep the song for an album
and the we have to wait again......years

Well, it's an EP, not a mixtape, so you can expect this to be a item that you have to purchase. Whether it's a hard copy or digital purchase is yet to be announced.

"Guess Who's Back" is definitely on the project though.

Jaydc555

« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2009, 11:01:15 PM »
he should make it an lp for delaying it so damn much.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2009, 12:30:33 AM »
That's the lamest album title he could possibly come up with.  Don't even bother putting any club jams, autotune, or R&B hooks on there -- I'm sure a lot of women are going to want to cop some album called "Pig Face".  LOL.  Focus on the record sales and come correct Crook.  Now "Say Hi To Tha Bad Guy" was a good title.
Oh no! No club songs or R&B joints. How is he ever gonna sell ring tones now? There's plenty of music for women that you can listen to while you're drinking your Tab and getting your tips frosted, pal. Some of us actually want good music. If you wanna talk about marketing potential, start a forum for pretend Interent A&R's or something. I would rather have Crooked put out some good shit than have him make an album with the same weak commercial attempts like these other cats.

dubsmith_nz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2009, 01:02:45 AM »
That's the lamest album title he could possibly come up with.  Don't even bother putting any club jams, autotune, or R&B hooks on there -- I'm sure a lot of women are going to want to cop some album called "Pig Face".  LOL.  Focus on the record sales and come correct Crook.  Now "Say Hi To Tha Bad Guy" was a good title.
Oh no! No club songs or R&B joints. How is he ever gonna sell ring tones now? There's plenty of music for women that you can listen to while you're drinking your Tab and getting your tips frosted, pal. Some of us actually want good music. If you wanna talk about marketing potential, start a forum for pretend Interent A&R's or something. I would rather have Crooked put out some good shit than have him make an album with the same weak commercial attempts like these other cats.

+1

JohnnyL

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2009, 04:59:03 AM »

LMAO

EFFeX

« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2009, 08:51:12 AM »
Man...

I was looking forward to:

DJ Khaled Presents... Weapon Waist Is The Best

Featuring Drake, Lil Wayne, Rick Ross, T-Pain, Ace Hood & Triple C's

JohnnyL

« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2009, 09:37:56 AM »
Man...

lol....at this point I'd take it over nothing.   ;D

love33

« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2009, 11:12:19 AM »
Man...

That would be way tighter than what it currently looks like just a bunch of battle tracks freestyling over a beat and a dictionary with no music quality (which is what Suge and others have criticized Crook for not branching out and being too much of a battle rapper).

The Florida Rap movement is way bigger than the current California scene.  It's no joke, just go to Florida and all the people are listening to "Lights Down Low" by 2 Pistolz, "Ride Out" by Tampa Tony, "Long Lap Dance Song" by T-Pain, anything T-Pain or Ross, Slow "Way Too Many Hoes," Rick Ross "Magnificent" and "I Really Want"....Jacksonville has a bunch of artists emerging out of Duval County.  You can laugh but the Florida sound is a lot more dominant now then our classic 90's west coast tracks on the radio waves and in the clubs.

Crook had tracks like "Who Wants To Fuck Tonite" and  "We Ballin" planned for his first Say Hi To Tha Bad Guy release, and Ray J was gonna be on it too.  These are the tracks that people want to hear in the clubs.  He branched out and worked with Ashanti before.  Now he's on this 1992 hardcore tip -- he ain't gonna sell any records doing that and that's why Suge had him collabing with the right people before like Juvenile, Jadakiss, Too Short, Ja Rule, etc.  He should get with the Ruff Ryders for a few tracks and then do a few club tracks if he wants to have a shot.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2009, 11:20:55 AM »
Man...

That would be way tighter than what it currently looks like just a bunch of battle tracks freestyling over a beat and a dictionary with no music quality (which is what Suge and others have criticized Crook for not branching out and being too much of a battle rapper).

The Florida Rap movement is way bigger than the current California scene.  It's no joke, just go to Florida and all the people are listening to "Lights Down Low" by 2 Pistolz, "Ride Out" by Tampa Tony, "Long Lap Dance Song" by T-Pain, anything T-Pain or Ross, Slow "Way Too Many Hoes," Rick Ross "Magnificent" and "I Really Want"....Jacksonville has a bunch of artists emerging out of Duval County.  You can laugh but the Florida sound is a lot more dominant now then our classic 90's west coast tracks on the radio waves and in the clubs.
Crook had tracks like "Who Wants To Fuck Tonite" and  "We Ballin" planned for his first Say Hi To Tha Bad Guy release, and Ray J was gonna be on it too.  These are the tracks that people want to hear in the clubs.  He branched out and worked with Ashanti before.  Now he's on this 1992 hardcore tip -- he ain't gonna sell any records doing that and that's why Suge had him collabing with the right people before like Juvenile, Jadakiss, Too Short, Ja Rule, etc.  He should get with the Ruff Ryders for a few tracks and then do a few club tracks if he wants to have a shot.

The Florida sound works, for Florida artists. All these cut and paste club tracks may work for some but not everyone. You said the same thing about Ice Cube when Raw Footage came out. Now the tracks Crook did on the Dysfunktional Family soundtrack were dope and he kept it gutter and west coast on there, but you say with every artist they HAVE to have a club track to succeed.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2009, 11:34:05 AM »
He doesn't get that not everyone wants CLUB MUSIC! Like you said, Florida shit works for Florida artists. The game has been so boring because everyone is making these weak-ass attempts to sell records instead of putting out music that highlights their unique traits as an artist. I like Busta Rhymes because he's energy personified. When I buy one of his records, I want to hear that style, not how many T-Pain and Akon features he can get on there. Crooked doesn't need to make an album full of ass-shaking and stripper anthems. We've got that everywhere around. The market is oversaturated with it. If you're a fan of an artist, you want to hear that person and what they bring that's different. Not their half-assed attempt to make their version of a Lil Wayne album.

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2009, 11:36:28 AM »
He doesn't get that not everyone wants CLUB MUSIC! Like you said, Florida shit works for Florida artists. The game has been so boring because everyone is making these weak-ass attempts to sell records instead of putting out music that highlights their unique traits as an artist. I like Busta Rhymes because he's energy personified. When I buy one of his records, I want to hear that style, not how many T-Pain and Akon features he can get on there. Crooked doesn't need to make an album full of ass-shaking and stripper anthems. We've got that everywhere around. The market is oversaturated with it. If you're a fan of an artist, you want to hear that person and what they bring that's different. Not their half-assed attempt to make their version of a Lil Wayne album.

Apparently that is Love's full proof formula for record sales and keeping it real