Author Topic: Crooked I – Pig Face, Weapon Waist artwork and tracklisting  (Read 2490 times)

EFFeX

Re: Crooked I – Pig Face, Weapon Waist artwork
« Reply #30 on: September 30, 2009, 12:01:02 PM »
Crook had tracks like "Who Wants To Fuck Tonite" and  "We Ballin" planned for his first Say Hi To Tha Bad Guy release

Really?

and Ray J was gonna be on it too

Your joking!

He branched out and worked with Ashanti before.

I never heard that.

Suge had him collabing with the right people before like Juvenile, Jadakiss, Too Short, Ja Rule, etc.

You don't say!

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • I Made Jesus Walks/So I Ain't Never Going To Hell
« Reply #31 on: September 30, 2009, 01:17:25 PM »
Crook had tracks like "Who Wants To Fuck Tonite" and  "We Ballin" planned for his first Say Hi To Tha Bad Guy release

Really?

and Ray J was gonna be on it too

Your joking!

He branched out and worked with Ashanti before.

I never heard that.

Suge had him collabing with the right people before like Juvenile, Jadakiss, Too Short, Ja Rule, etc.

You don't say!

Ashanti- Baby Remix featuring Crooked I

This was getting good burn on 106 when it came out.

Jaydc555

« Reply #32 on: September 30, 2009, 07:21:45 PM »
effex was being sarcastic

EFFeX

« Reply #33 on: September 30, 2009, 07:55:32 PM »

True.

That whole post was uncalled for too, my bad about that love33.

V2DHeart

« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2009, 01:12:17 AM »
i hope snoop is still on the mixtape
cause next crooked say he wanna keep the song for an album
and the we have to wait again......years

Well, it's an EP, not a mixtape, so you can expect this to be a item that you have to purchase. Whether it's a hard copy or digital purchase is yet to be announced.

"Guess Who's Back" is definitely on the project though.

I don't purchase digital copies of anything (apart from unreleased in groups) so if that does happen, that will be one less sale. I hope he puts this out as a hard copy. It's aimed at the streets, so it should be in CD form
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JWTNFUWa1PM</a> <a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eE_ov9cPKxE</a><a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/53dftjKPTvU</a>

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2009, 09:04:31 AM »

True.

That whole post was uncalled for too, my bad about that love33.

My bad lol

love33

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2009, 11:31:39 AM »
He doesn't get that not everyone wants CLUB MUSIC! Like you said, Florida shit works for Florida artists. The game has been so boring because everyone is making these weak-ass attempts to sell records instead of putting out music that highlights their unique traits as an artist. I like Busta Rhymes because he's energy personified. When I buy one of his records, I want to hear that style, not how many T-Pain and Akon features he can get on there. Crooked doesn't need to make an album full of ass-shaking and stripper anthems. We've got that everywhere around. The market is oversaturated with it. If you're a fan of an artist, you want to hear that person and what they bring that's different. Not their half-assed attempt to make their version of a Lil Wayne album.

True, but what is Crook really bringing to the table that's "different"?  He sounds like every other battle/dictionary rapper that we've heard before.  I have a whole pile of music, cds from the 90's that all got the same sound..why do we need to hear the 90's sound over and over again from crook?  I loved the 90's rap too, but what is so "different" about what he's doing?  His main problem is he outflows the beat and most of it is all opinions of how society has held him back.  I can summarize his newer music for you: political opinions, he hates autotune, dissing mainstream music, he grew up in the struggle, and he talks about how he's not on death row.  I've already got Ice Cube cds from the 90's if I want to hear that like "Predator," "Death Certificate," and "Amerikkkaz Most Wanted."  Crook needs to branch out because, as you mentioned, what is he doing that we haven't heard before?

EFFeX

« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2009, 11:46:48 AM »
He doesn't get that not everyone wants CLUB MUSIC! Like you said, Florida shit works for Florida artists. The game has been so boring because everyone is making these weak-ass attempts to sell records instead of putting out music that highlights their unique traits as an artist. I like Busta Rhymes because he's energy personified. When I buy one of his records, I want to hear that style, not how many T-Pain and Akon features he can get on there. Crooked doesn't need to make an album full of ass-shaking and stripper anthems. We've got that everywhere around. The market is oversaturated with it. If you're a fan of an artist, you want to hear that person and what they bring that's different. Not their half-assed attempt to make their version of a Lil Wayne album.

True, but what is Crook really bringing to the table that's "different"?  He sounds like every other battle/dictionary rapper that we've heard before.  I have a whole pile of music, cds from the 90's that all got the same sound..why do we need to hear the 90's sound over and over again from crook?  I loved the 90's rap too, but what is so "different" about what he's doing?  His main problem is he outflows the beat and most of it is all opinions of how society has held him back.  I can summarize his newer music for you: political opinions, he hates autotune, dissing mainstream music, he grew up in the struggle, and he talks about how he's not on death row.  I've already got Ice Cube cds from the 90's if I want to hear that like "Predator," "Death Certificate," and "Amerikkkaz Most Wanted."  Crook needs to branch out because, as you mentioned, what is he doing that we haven't heard before?

Dumbing down and settling for average with the rest of today's sub-par emcees is going to take away the main fan base that Crooked I has at this point in time. If he were to change up his style to the 106 & Park friendly emcee, what would make him worth listening to? He would be the same as every other artist in the game right now. It's his topics, his flow and his passion that earned Crooked I the respect that he's gotten over the last 10 years.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2009, 12:13:15 PM »
Then maybe Crook isn't the emcee for you. Not everyone is gonna be a fan of everybody. Your ideas mostly seem to center around the sound and commercialization of his music which really won't change the end result that much. If you put Crook on a club track, it's not gonna automatically make him into a different rapper.

Thing is you seem to think because you live in Florida and you know what's hot out there that that is going to translate into a winning formula for artists outside of that region. Rick Ross can make music that appeals to that market because that's his bread and butter. Fat Joe's from New York but he's pretty heavily-involved in the Miami scene so he can do that too. For a rapper that is not immersed in that marketplace, it doesn't make a lot of sense to cater to it. Crook's from Los Angeles. Outside of his California following, I'd say he's more popular in the Mid-West and East Coast. Him creating a whole album around the Miami club enviorment might help him sell a few records down there but it would also be likely to turn away his target audience. Florida is only small part of the national market and even smaller part in terms of worldwide appeal so to suggest that a rapper who is from Los Angeles try to adapt his style to what works out there is like asking the New York Yankees to cater their merchandising to what's hot in Detriot.

love33

« Reply #39 on: October 02, 2009, 06:34:57 PM »
Then maybe Crook isn't the emcee for you. Not everyone is gonna be a fan of everybody. Your ideas mostly seem to center around the sound and commercialization of his music which really won't change the end result that much. If you put Crook on a club track, it's not gonna automatically make him into a different rapper.

Thing is you seem to think because you live in Florida and you know what's hot out there that that is going to translate into a winning formula for artists outside of that region. Rick Ross can make music that appeals to that market because that's his bread and butter. Fat Joe's from New York but he's pretty heavily-involved in the Miami scene so he can do that too. For a rapper that is not immersed in that marketplace, it doesn't make a lot of sense to cater to it. Crook's from Los Angeles. Outside of his California following, I'd say he's more popular in the Mid-West and East Coast. Him creating a whole album around the Miami club enviorment might help him sell a few records down there but it would also be likely to turn away his target audience. Florida is only small part of the national market and even smaller part in terms of worldwide appeal so to suggest that a rapper who is from Los Angeles try to adapt his style to what works out there is like asking the New York Yankees to cater their merchandising to what's hot in Detriot.

Good point but when Crook was making that club music back in the Suge days, he was buying into it and so was the buzz "So Damn Hood" ft. Juvenile, "Baby Remix" ft. Ashanti, and some of the other tracks planned for the album "We Ballin" ft. Eastwood, "Death Row House Party," "Suge's West Coast," and "Who Wants To Fuck Tonite" ft. Ja Rule and Ray J...he was heading down that path, and now he decides to go a different route and he's "so so real" and "not dumbing down" and all this other BS was a complete 180 from the direction he was taking.  Just because he don't want to take that route anymore doesn't mean he needs to try to make a living off dissing people who do (i.e. his autotune diss track, "Still An Emcee,", etc.).  To the cats who are gettin their money -- that's their game!  Why hate on another man's hustle because you ain't got it?  You make some good regional points but California is the #1 state in population, and Florida is 4th, so he should be doing big numbers.  Also, Lil Wayne and Fat Joe broke into that scene -- why doesn't Crook do the same? Lil wayne lives in Miami and Fat Joe does too part of the year.  Rap has become more regional and yeah West Coast rap gets more play in the midwest, east, and west than in the South, but that doesn't mean you can't branch out and crack the market.  He seems to be going backwards into a 1997 sound.

RhyanG

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
Re: Crooked I  Pig Face, Weapon Waist artwork
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2009, 07:03:18 PM »
crooked i is the only 1 in slaughterhouse without a website. Ok it says www.circleofbosses.com in the cd sleeve but the site doesnt exist.

his myspace never updates to, and www.westcoastdynasty.com hasnt worked for weeks

I guess we have to check dubcnn 4 news on the ep

EFFeX

Re: Crooked I  Pig Face, Weapon Waist artwork
« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2009, 08:44:11 PM »
crooked i is the only 1 in slaughterhouse without a website. Ok it says www.circleofbosses.com in the cd sleeve but the site doesnt exist.

his myspace never updates to, and www.westcoastdynasty.com hasnt worked for weeks

I guess we have to check dubcnn 4 news on the ep

Just visit www.thebossboard.com

It's supported by Crooked and Treacherous Records

D-Nice

• Muthafuckin' Don!
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2009, 08:50:41 PM »

Good point but when Crook was making that club music back in the Suge days, he was buying into it and so was the buzz "So Damn Hood" ft. Juvenile, "Baby Remix" ft. Ashanti, and some of the other tracks planned for the album "We Ballin" ft. Eastwood, "Death Row House Party," "Suge's West Coast," and "Who Wants To Fuck Tonite" ft. Ja Rule and Ray J...he was heading down that path, and now he decides to go a different route and he's "so so real" and "not dumbing down" and all this other BS was a complete 180 from the direction he was taking.  Just because he don't want to take that route anymore doesn't mean he needs to try to make a living off dissing people who do (i.e. his autotune diss track, "Still An Emcee,", etc.).  To the cats who are gettin their money -- that's their game!  Why hate on another man's hustle because you ain't got it?  You make some good regional points but California is the #1 state in population, and Florida is 4th, so he should be doing big numbers.  Also, Lil Wayne and Fat Joe broke into that scene -- why doesn't Crook do the same? Lil wayne lives in Miami and Fat Joe does too part of the year.  Rap has become more regional and yeah West Coast rap gets more play in the midwest, east, and west than in the South, but that doesn't mean you can't branch out and crack the market.  He seems to be going backwards into a 1997 sound.

Fat Joe is a perfect example. Since "moving" to Miami and adapting that sound, other than 1 big hit record, how many albums more is he selling using that sound then when he was with Atlantic and the music he did with Pun and TS?

Jimmy H.

« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2009, 10:34:03 PM »
Yeah, Fat Joe has a big Miami following but from my understanding, he ain't pushing huge units from a national standpoint. And I'm not saying Crooked couldn't go after the Florida market but to directly cater to that degree at the expense of other markets seems counterproductive since he ain't out there like that. I mean, to make it work, he has to be visible out there. If it comes to Crooked or say Ross or Fat Joe, they're gonna get behind the artists that are making moves out there.

EFFeX

« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2009, 10:40:56 PM »
Let's just keep it real, if Crooked I suddenly switches up to that "Miami" sound, he's going to instantly lose his main fan base. Those are the people who kept him relevant the last 10 or so years. The industry will recognize this as selling out and it will not work to his advantage.

The risk is in no way worth it.