Author Topic: Crooked I – Pig Face, Weapon Waist artwork and tracklisting  (Read 2453 times)

Nima - Dubcnn.com

Re: Crooked I – Pig Face, Weapon Waist artwork and tracklisting
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2009, 02:23:09 PM »
I hope ya'll get to hear the Raekwon/EDI collabo at some point, that joint was super hard...

Btw if Mr. Pigface is the track I think it is then I was in the studio when it was being recorded and it was fuckin amazin, Crooked laid the 3 verses off the top of the dome in like 45min. My bad if I'm mixin up the track with a different one but I think that's the one.

kuruptDPG

« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2009, 02:33:09 PM »
I hope ya'll get to hear the Raekwon/EDI collabo at some point, that joint was super hard...

Btw if Mr. Pigface is the track I think it is then I was in the studio when it was being recorded and it was fuckin amazin, Crooked laid the 3 verses off the top of the dome in like 45min. My bad if I'm mixin up the track with a different one but I think that's the one.

its taking too long so i dont think we'll hear it but props for the info

EFFeX

« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2009, 03:06:55 PM »
If he's including Woodstock on the EP, does that mean the EP will be FREE since Woodstock originally couldn't be cleared for the Slaughter House album?

Everything I've heard up until this point leads me to believe that it will not be a free download.

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2009, 04:04:54 PM »
how in the world can a seven song EP get pushed back so many times?

went from a week before the Slaughterhouse album, to later in August, then September & hopefully soon now.

crazy shit, dude can't get anything out. :-X

i am anticiapating though. 8)

JohnnyL

« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2009, 06:17:43 PM »
how in the world can a seven song EP get pushed back so many times?

went from a week before the Slaughterhouse album, to later in August, then September & hopefully soon now.

crazy shit, dude can't get anything out. :-X

i am anticiapating though. 8)

I totally agree.  It's ridiculous.  And after all the delays, the e.p. now has less songs on it than it originally did.   :-\  Oh well, still looking forward to hearing the music.

love33

Re: Crooked I – Pig Face, Weapon Waist artwork
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2009, 07:34:25 PM »
He's not making any money with that fanbase anyway so what's the difference? If he moved to Miami, he would have Cool & Dre, and Scott Storch in his backyard, and be able to hookup with Mannie Fresh too (imagine, Crook over a Mannie beat -- now that's heat!).  Plus, the networking capabilities are endless in Miami...all the big platinum ballers party in Miami -- he could link up with Diddy and make some good connections through him.  Where he's at right now, there's no producers, there's no solid connections, and for some reason he doesn't record with The Game or Snoop.  So what is he really even doing there? He could easily become a house name if he moved to the 305.
How do you know he ain't making money? On the other hand, how do you know that just because he goes over there that all of them artists are just gonna accept that and give this guy the keys like he's that important to their movement? Crook has a good thing going with "Slaughterhouse". it makes no sense from my perspective for him to just suddenly switch up and hit up Florida like it's the only place that it can happen for him. I get that Miami seems like the "place to be" because it's your backyard but it's not gonna be that important to every artist out here. You don't think Cali has networking possibilties out there? Or New York? Or where ever? Just because an artist comes down to Miami doesn't mean that they automatically get a pass to go into the studio with Cool & Dre or Storch or whatever producers ride out there. If those producers are feeling you, it's gonna happen. You going out there ain't suddenly gonna make your music more appealing to them.

There's no networking possibilities in California for a young artist -- all the OG producers like Dre are greedy and want to charge a flat rate that's unaffordable for any newcomers... Felli Fel is a good look and QDIII, but if you weigh it out, for what West artists and producers try to charge and all the beef, it's not worth it when he could go network with the Miami scene.  West producers try to rip off the young artists and their producers are not even well known on a national level.  Fat Joe is down there now, Fabolous spends time there, Cool & Dre, The Dream, Diddy, Lil Wayne, Mannie, Scott Storch...these artists and producers are more about trading guest appearances and they are tight with each other rather than trying to charge $50k for a beat (i.e. Daz).  Plus, he would get networked in with T.I., Jeezy, Flo Rida, Ross, T-Pain, Akon, 2 Pistolz, Bow Wow, Gucci Mane, etc. just for hanging with this crowd.  This is the top crowd to roll with in rap, that's why cats like Snoop and The Game are networking with Diddy and The Dream because they know what's up.  The people that want to do the hits and make the real music without trying to rip someone off for a beat or gage a personal beef battle.  The rappers are about getting ahead and doing it big makin bigtime music.  These guys will accept him just like they accept everyone else because they are about makin the paper and not the drama.  Plus, there's no networking possibilities in California -- the radio stations don't even play their own artist's music and are playing more South music than they are their own West music.  The south don't roll like that and Crook would probably get more spins out West by going South since the West doesn't do any promotion for their own artists.  Plus his sales would increase and he would get more facetime.  It's a no brainer Crook, put on a pair of Versace shades and roll down to Miami with the big ballers.

Jimmy H.

« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2009, 01:45:14 AM »
But it's all just wishful thinking on your part. Snoop and Game are already established multi-platinum artists and neither one of them broke through as part of the Miami movement. There is a difference between trying something different when you're a few albums deep and switching up your style randomly before you even drop your album to sell to some way left-field audience for a crapshoot shot at mainstream success. His fanbase would more than likely shit can it and it's doubtful Miami alone would break him. They haven't exactly done wonders for Fat Joe and his transition over there was smoother than Crook's would likely be. He's a California artist who is getting attention through a multi-regional group. People don't want to hear him do shitty imitations of Florida club rappers.

Crooked already seems to have his networking shit on lock. He's done songs with Akon already. He just did a song with Snoop. He's worked with Dre. He just worked 50's concert and his group is in talks with Eminem. Half the people you mentioned who he supposedly can only work with in Florida are people he could probably fuck with as is right now.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2009, 01:50:44 AM by Jimmy H. »

Blasphemy

« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2009, 06:35:04 AM »
Mickey from Treacherous dropped this over his twitter.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL
Liked the original Posters version better. I mean seriously this has 2 be Runner up for Crappiest Artwork. It looks like something a Gotty Dollar Store bin rapper would have. Oh well, At least the nigga is Finally releasing something.

Anyone else also expect 2 see a HUGE miscalculation upon reading the art work? If you aren't familiar with Slaughter House or Crooked I you'll be reading the artwork like this

Artist: Mr. Pig Face
Album Title: Weapon Waist

The chain around him might be mistaken for "Crooked 1" lol

JohnnyL

« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2009, 08:11:44 AM »

Liked the original Posters version better. I mean seriously this has 2 be Runner up for Crappiest Artwork. It looks like something a Gotty Dollar Store bin rapper would have. Oh well, At least the nigga is Finally releasing something.

Anyone else also expect 2 see a HUGE miscalculation upon reading the art work? If you aren't familiar with Slaughter House or Crooked I you'll be reading the artwork like this

Really?  I think the artwork is the best thing about this release.  I agree with you though that without Crooked I's name being more prominently featured in the artwork it might be confusing to casual fans.  I really like the picture itself though.  On the other hand, I'm not too crazy about the track list.  I was really looking forward to a new Slaughterhouse track on here.  I did like the song with Snoop, but as it now stands, the track with the Horse Shoe Gang and Royce Da 5'9 is really the only other track I'm excited about. 

Blasphemy

« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2009, 08:30:38 AM »

Really?  I think the artwork is the best thing about this release.  I agree with you though that without Crooked I's name being more prominently featured in the artwork it might be confusing to casual fans.  I really like the picture itself though.  On the other hand, I'm not too crazy about the track list.  I was really looking forward to a new Slaughterhouse track on here.  I did like the song with Snoop, but as it now stands, the track with the Horse Shoe Gang and Royce Da 5'9 is really the only other track I'm excited about. 

I'm excited 4 this EP to be released and I'm not expecting a Crooked I West Coast type of cover, because he said the EP is a Extension of his Slaughter House Persona (Even though I'm wonder, what persona? lol), but seriously Compared 2 the past artwork made by fans this is shit. The Fan artwork portrayed a dark anarchy gritty crazy vibe. This shit is gotty as fuck.

I mean really look at it, a Generic Pose (Virginia Tech anyone?) with him and 2 guns, Bullet Holes, a Bullet Proof Vest,  Lasers on him. It's just gotty as fuck.

I mean this just makes me wonder, What is Crooked I thinking while he is making this. He said the EP is a extension of his Slaughter House Persona, yet On the entire album he pretty much is himself and doesn't play into some Crazy Persona.

Anyways back on the artist confusion, its pretty fucked up cause You see Mr. Pig Face in a totally different color, so this could possibly be another Makaveli Type Controversy.

(If you don't know, The Makaveli Controversy is the album is called "7 Day Theory" while the Entire artist rendition is "Makaveli The Don".

JohnnyL

« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2009, 09:22:33 AM »

I'm excited 4 this EP to be released and I'm not expecting a Crooked I West Coast type of cover, because he said the EP is a Extension of his Slaughter House Persona (Even though I'm wonder, what persona? lol), but seriously Compared 2 the past artwork made by fans this is shit. The Fan artwork portrayed a dark anarchy gritty crazy vibe. This shit is gotty as fuck.

I mean really look at it, a Generic Pose (Virginia Tech anyone?) with him and 2 guns, Bullet Holes, a Bullet Proof Vest,  Lasers on him. It's just gotty as fuck.

I mean this just makes me wonder, What is Crooked I thinking while he is making this. He said the EP is a extension of his Slaughter House Persona, yet On the entire album he pretty much is himself and doesn't play into some Crazy Persona.

Anyways back on the artist confusion, its pretty fucked up cause You see Mr. Pig Face in a totally different color, so this could possibly be another Makaveli Type Controversy.

(If you don't know, The Makaveli Controversy is the album is called "7 Day Theory" while the Entire artist rendition is "Makaveli The Don".

Well, I'm always happy to hear some new Crooked I.  On that level I'm excited for this release.  I actually think I'll be more excited about the material after I hear it than before.  Crooked I is one of the few artists in my opinion that can deliver on that level.  Unfortunately, most of the time when I anticipate a release, I'm disappointed when I finally hear it.  Crooked I is one of the few exceptions.  But as far as tracks that I'm actually excited about right now, before hearing the material, the track with the Horse Shoe Gang and Royce is really the only one.  I was looking forward to hearing the Raekwon track and the new Slaughterhouse track that was cut.  But now that they're cut, the project just seems a little incomplete.  I wish he would have included a couple more tracks, even if they were just Crooked I solo tracks, to make the e.p. a little bit longer. 
  Regarding the artwork, I think I see your point.  If he really wanted to depict his Slaughterhouse persona, maybe he should have stuck with just a butchershop/pig motif rather than the guns/gangster motif that is also depicted in the artwork. (Whatever happened to the pictures taken from the Slaughterhouse album photo shoot?  It doesn't appear that they used hardly any of them, as the liner notes only included a few pictures.) I think though, as a stand alone picture, the album artwork looks cool.  Is it the most original thing I've ever seen?  No.  Minus the pigface, I've seen similar pictures/poses on other artists' mixtape covers.  And I do agree with you that often times, fan artwork ends up looking better than official cover.  In the case of Snoop's "Lost Sessions" album, I'll bet we end up seeing a lot of fan covers that look way better than the official image.
  As it stands now, I think this release will still deliver for fans who have been waiting for some new Crooked I solo material.  But after all the delays, it just seems a bit anticlimactic.  And when you think about it, there still is no release date set.  From the way Crooked I was talking at the 50 Cent Concert, he's not going to release this until after Royce drops "Street Hop."  So we still don't even know when this is going to come out.

EFFeX

« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2009, 10:19:43 AM »
I don't know, I think that art work goes hard...  ???

JohnnyL

« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2009, 11:14:38 AM »
I don't know, I think that art work goes hard...  ???

Oh, I hear you man.  I still stand by my original statement that I think right now it's one of the coolest things about this release.  I can kind of see Blasphemy's point that it's not the most original picture I've ever seen for album artwork.  And by that I mean the guns, vest, and the laser sights are all element use see used a lot in these kind of undergound type releases.  You can see those kind of themes repeatedly in the G-Unit mixtapes, the Game's mixtapes, and countless others.  But as far as just being a cool looking picture, yeah, I think it delivers.  For one thing, whoever drew that has some skill.  Good use of foreshortening with the outstretched arms, holding the pistols.  That's a tough pose to draw accurately.  Also, I love the pig face on the mask.  It's a nice balance of cartoonish and sinister.  I love that they put the cigar in it's mouth.

Dogg Ly Dogg

« Reply #73 on: October 07, 2009, 12:00:13 PM »
I like the first cover leaked better than this one

Chamillitary Click

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • The greatest entertainer ever.
« Reply #74 on: October 07, 2009, 12:47:47 PM »
who gives a FUCK about album covers?

GIVE ME MUSIC! 8)