Author Topic: Why westcoast artist don't have an album out when they have buzz  (Read 796 times)

Dre-Day

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • No justice, no peace
Re: Why westcoast artist don't have an album out when they have buzz
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2009, 05:56:41 AM »
Check the worldwide sales here:

http://www.dubcnn.com/connect/index.php?topic=231327.0

Ego Trippin sold more than shitty Soulja Boi's second album. The south really isn't doing as great as people think.

Eh, that's kinda true, kinda not true....it's fact that the South has a milliion radio/commercial/club hits out there, and it's been that way most of the decade, and it's fact that only a few artists (T.I., Luda, Outkast, Wayne) really sell major units. Thing is...since 2005, I'm not even sure if there's been a single West Coast album to go platinum. I can check Game, Snoop, E-40, Too Short...but I doubt any of these have gone platinum....so even if the South ain't sellin as much as we sold in the 90's, they are still shittin on us and the East. Low key, the Midwest has seen the most success this decade with radio play AND sales.

Yeah that is true. I guess what gets everyones riled up is when people suggest we should do what the south is doing to get success. Throwing T-Pain on any random track or doing 8 club records instead of 2 does not make you a overnight celebrity. I do agree that there are alot of issues going on musically out west but selling out to up sales should not be one of them. It will blow up in your face 90% of the time (excluding Black Eyed Peas lol)
yeah i don't care whether 'the west' will ever be on top again, i'm just looking for good music, not carbon copies

Blue Smooth

• Lil Geezy
Re: Why westcoast artist don't have an album out when they have buzz
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2009, 12:33:22 PM »
What the West needs is a 2pac and no I do not mean a rapper like Pac. I mean, the West has beem used and spit out like a $2 whore. Everyone comes here and shoots video's, or like the weed, or buys homes here, but not many are showing the West love and putting the artists on some radio friendly singles. We need someone to say enough the way Pac would. We need someone to say that if you are not going to show real love to the west, then get the fuck on. The west has become soft and no one wants to be the bad guy. Like 50 Cent or not, he always stands his ground, the West could use a guy like that.