Author Topic: What are some of your biggest regrets?  (Read 266 times)

infinite59

What are some of your biggest regrets?
« on: November 07, 2002, 02:39:14 AM »
I was doing some thinking tonight at work.  Trying to figure out what it was about my past that I had such a strong aversion to.  I was suprised to realize that it was a bit deeper then I once thought.

I used to think that one of the biggest things I'd change about highschool was that I shouldn't have broken up with my girlfriend senoir year.  Then I realized that it was actually quite different then that.

I regret that I wasted so much time chasing girls and spending so much time just hangin out with my crew of friends.  When surrounding me on all sides were kids in desperate need of someone to look up to as an example.  My school was big.  When I think back to the classes I had with younger kids my junior and senoir year it makes me real sad.  Alot of those younger kids looked up to me or atleast listened to what I had to say and sought my approval.  I could of made a difference in alot of those kids lives instead of just leading them astray.  

There were alot of messed up kids at my school.  Good kids, but with serious, serious problems.  I mean, we had alot of kids at our school that I could see doing that Columbine shit because everyone was so mean to them.  I was really nice to these kids, but I was so lost myself at the time that I failed to make a difference like I really could have.  I just wish someone would of put a Qur'an in my hand at 14.  Then maybe I wouldn't have been so selfishly absorbed in my own problems that I could have done some serious good.

Just some thoughts ya'll, thanks for listening, peace.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2002, 02:40:28 AM by Infinite Ibrahim Abdul Hamid »

HBKid_Jr

Re:What are some of your biggest regrets?
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2002, 09:20:26 AM »
high school

ToNe1904

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2002, 04:16:50 AM »
i regret that i aint closer wit mah dad'z side of tha family. I mean, it aint mah fault really. Didnt grow up around em, n mah punkazz dad was a strait up crackhead loser...so when he took off, that was basically mah only tie to that half of tha family. So we lost touch. But itz mah Filipino side, n i missed out on a lot of Filipino culture because of that shit. But oh well, fuk regretz...i cant change nunna that shit. Onl learn frum it. I know one thang, wheneva i have a son...or daughter...i know how NOT tah go about shit because of mah "dad". U can chose one of 2 wayz...either follow the same path...or realize u dont eva wanna be that way. Fuk dat, cus when he diez...u think ima shed a fukin tear? ha...yah righ...

M Dogg™

• Greatest of All Time
  • Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Feel the Power of the Darkside
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2002, 09:26:33 AM »
I have many regrets. Like the many, many fights I've been into, the jumpings, the broken nose and teeth. But the worst is something I did to myself, 'cause it would have changed a lot.

Many ask, can you love someone if they don't love you back, and is it truly love. Well what I felt was deep, and it can only be love, since the closest feeling I ever had was being in love with a girl I dated for a year, and still love. But that is now, this is then. Then, I was in love with a girl who was in my grade in high school, and she was, and still is the prettiest girl I've ever seen. I mean movies, real life, TV, models, whatever. To me, she was the end all of girl perfection. Well my senior year, she kinda gave hints about getting together, but not obvious ones. I being just straight shocked, did nothing. She went on to date my friend for a while, before settling with a 21 year old with a job. She really loved him, and talked about losing her virginity to him if they were together for a year. Me, I left to St. Olaf college in Minnesota, and am living my life. But, if I can go back, I would change that. 'Cause I thought about her everyday my freshman year. I still wonder how she is doing. Oh well, peace.

Trauma-san

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2002, 09:55:57 AM »
I can honestly say I dont' have any regrets.  I feel that regretting things would hold me back, and keep me from progressing and learning and getting better, at everything.... that's not to say I've never done anything wrong, or never done anything I could have handled better, there's plenty of that... but I don't regret doiing any of it, because I can't change it, and regretting it would focus me on something I can't change.  I've kinda got a mindset, where I'm casual about most things, and if I screw up really bad, I just try not to do it again, while not actually regretting it.  I'm sure most of yall are like that too.  Peace~

RAPQUAKE

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2002, 11:03:55 AM »
I can honestly say I dont' have any regrets.  I feel that regretting things would hold me back, and keep me from progressing and learning and getting better, at everything.... that's not to say I've never done anything wrong, or never done anything I could have handled better, there's plenty of that... but I don't regret doiing any of it, because I can't change it, and regretting it would focus me on something I can't change.  I've kinda got a mindset, where I'm casual about most things, and if I screw up really bad, I just try not to do it again, while not actually regretting it.  I'm sure most of yall are like that too.  Peace~

Yeah Im pretty much like that...also things in the past theat I COULD have regretted, like going to a gay ass high school that I hated...I blame on others like my parents ;D

Also I kinda regret that I hardly tried to hook up with girls in High School, esp. cuz I didnt like being at the school much in the first place, and cuz girls there were fuckin nerds anyway so I dunno...But yeah I kinda regret not having good pimping skill, and that I have to start from scratch, but Its not really a regret knaamean, Im just not the type of person to dwell on my past like my mother(who has regrets and regrets and regrets...its fucked up and I feel bad for her cuz shes full of negativity like that but o well..)

So basically fuck regrets. 8)

MidnightPills

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2002, 06:58:07 PM »
not being strong enough to allow myself to be weak when i was scared about my mothers addictions... instead i just stayed angry and pushed her away.....

she died not knowing i loved her... as much as i did and still do......

in life there is no take backs.. so watch what you do.......