Author Topic: Anybody into Rolexes / Watches?  (Read 358 times)

Triple OG Rapsodie

Re: Anybody into Rolexes / Watches?
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 10:11:36 AM »
hahahah....y'all are paying thousands of dollars for a watch that probably cost a few hundred dollars to make

ikke

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 10:18:19 AM »
hahahah....y'all are paying thousands of dollars for a watch that probably cost a few hundred dollars to make
I personally find it brilliant

Diamonds aren't even that valueble, they can only charge that much because we give them that value.
Just like with paper notes after the gold standard.

StevenQBosell

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2009, 10:27:49 AM »
yeah im not a big jewlery guy but one of the very few things i would drop money on is a phat watch. maybe next year ill get one. steven i understand the risk of getting it checked out to see if its authentic, but i definitely would. im the type of person that has to know because i wouldnt be able to rock that watch knowing its a fraud. rolex probably has the right to investigate the mutha but ill be damned if theyre gonna try and confiscate my shit should it be phony

Yeah, I so wanna take it, but it was my dead uncles watch... one of the last "material" items that he actually owned. It would kill me if they took it, lol, i'd get crazy in that bitch.

And sure, diamonds aren't the most valuable or rarest mateirals found in the world... but real rolexes are fabricated out of 18K white, or yellow gold, platinum, or stainless steel.... Those aren't cheap materials... it's cost way more than "few hundred" to produce a Rolex... And it's not just the "watch" true watch people like, it's the movement located inside the casback itself.

I used to say to myself aswell "who would pay such money for a watch?" LOl then i got one. If you've never had a nice watch, i can understand rolling your eyes at Rolexes...

NiCc_FrUm_ThA_nO

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • EastSide But I Represent The Whole F
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2009, 11:05:14 AM »
Most i've spent on a watch is $200, I've worn it probly 5 times in 2 years, I just use my cell phone.

Triple OG Rapsodie

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2009, 11:35:50 AM »

Diamonds aren't even that valueble, they can only charge that much because we give them that value.

You know what is brilliant? The diamond engagement ring. It wasn't even an American tradition until De Beers started paying for product placement in Hollywood movies. Imagine fooling everyone in America into believing that they need your product to get married, and the more expensive it is the better. Now that's genius marketing.

ikke

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2009, 12:00:10 PM »

You know what is brilliant? The diamond engagement ring. It wasn't even an American tradition until De Beers started paying for product placement in Hollywood movies. Imagine fooling everyone in America into believing that they need your product to get married, and the more expensive it is the better. Now that's genius marketing.
Indeed.

And don't de beers have a massive storage of diamonds just laying there to prevent overflooding from diamonds to keep the price high.

Sikotic™

« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2009, 12:36:55 PM »
I currently got a Fossil watch. Under $200 and does the job. I'll move up on status eventually.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2009, 01:28:10 PM »
i think theres a misconception that watches like these are only for arrogant flashy niggers on tv hopping around with chains around their neck.  all these people talking down on these watches tsk tsk. of course its only for people who have the money. only a fool would buy a watch of that caliber if they werent well off. i met mike ferry, the best real estate salesman that ever lived. he had a 70k iced out watch and hes a very down to earth individual, not big headed at all. if you quit feeling inferior maybe you'll own a rolex one day.

Lunatic

« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2009, 02:05:57 PM »
I wouldn't spend more than $300 on a watch
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Sikotic™

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2009, 02:37:08 PM »
i think theres a misconception that watches like these are only for arrogant flashy niggers on tv hopping around with chains around their neck.  all these people talking down on these watches tsk tsk. of course its only for people who have the money. only a fool would buy a watch of that caliber if they werent well off. i met mike ferry, the best real estate salesman that ever lived. he had a 70k iced out watch and hes a very down to earth individual, not big headed at all. if you quit feeling inferior maybe you'll own a rolex one day.
You'll never see me with one of those ridiculous watches rappers get where it looks like someone just glued diamonds together in the form of a watch. That shit is tacky as fuck. At least a Rolex or Movado has some class to it.
My Chihuahuas Are Eternal

THA SAUCE HOUSE

elmizzy

• Muthafuckin' Double OG
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2009, 05:37:44 PM »
agree

StevenQBosell

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2009, 06:16:17 PM »
Went to the mall today and saw a new version of this:
http://www.amazon.com/Swatch-Irony-Automatic-Watch-YAS100G/dp/B000MLNUBI/ref=pd_sbs_watch_1

Not really a swatch fan, but that shit looks great

OchoCinco

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2009, 06:20:56 PM »
i got a citizen eco drive!! what u kno bout dat!!!! Ballin