Author Topic: XXL: Common Reunites with No I.D. & Kanye West on The Believer  (Read 171 times)

Portugoal

XXL: Common Reunites with No I.D. & Kanye West on The Believer
« on: September 30, 2009, 11:22:39 PM »
http://www.xxlmag.com/online/?p=58629

Wednesday Sep 30 5:04 PM CDT posted by xxl staff

Common is returning to his roots. After linking with The Neptunes for the majority of last year’s dance friendly Universal Mind Control, the Chi-town MC is reuniting with Kanye West and No I.D. for his ninth studio album, The Believer.

During the benefit show for his Common Ground Foundation over the weekend, Com told XXLMag.com that he has already recorded tracks with Kanye and No I.D. for the project, which he expects to hit stores sometime next spring.

No I.D. has been producing songs for the rapper/actor ever since Com first broke out onto the scene in 1992 with Can I Borrow A Dollar? He went on to produce the majority of Common’s next two albums: Resurrection and One Day It’ll All Make Sense.

Along with signing the fellow Chicago resident to his G.O.O.D. Music imprint, Kanye produced the bulk of Com’s highest selling album 2005’s Be, as well as 2007’s Finding Forever.

Common also said he has been in the studio with beatsmith Twilite Tone, who he hasn’t worked with since One Day It’ll All Make Sense. Like I.D. Twilite also produced a lot of songs on Com’s debut.

As previously reported, the rap vet brought out a star studded cast of hip-hop heavyweights at his show last Saturday (September 26). Nas, Ye, De La Soul, Mos Def, Talib Kweli, The Roots, Ludacris, Heavy D and Queen Latifah all hit the stage to help Common raise money for his foundation. –Max G with reporting by Slav Kandyba

Lunatic

Re: XXL: Common Reunites with No I.D. & Kanye West on The Believer
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 11:26:43 PM »
He realized his last album was a Frisbee
Co-Director of Site Content For Raptalk.Net
Staff Writer For WordOfSouth.Com
Staff Writer For Illuminati2G.Net
Staff Writer For SoPrupRadio.com

Lil White Azz

• Muthafuckin' Don!
  • Always stay G`d Up
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 04:04:10 AM »
He realized his last album was a Frisbee

Well, at least he has done it, he doesn't have to go back to that route again  :P

Invincible

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 09:12:35 AM »
Another album I'm looking forward too.  8)